Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Will Win: Hasselbeck Vs. Locker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

2012 Starting QB
Matt Hasselbeck
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Jake Locker
68%
 68%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 41

Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
You know, even though Hass is the vet and our schedule starts out rough I can see Locker starting. Palmer has got more weapons to implement his vertical attack, run and shoot offense and Locker has a much better arm than Hass does. It's hard to run and shoot when you don't have a gun. Cool

While our first few weeks look very tough, it's the offenses that run those teams, not incredibly tough defenses.

Week 1 NE - 31st in total defense last season.
Week 2 SD - 16th best/worst. Very avg defense.
Week 3 DET - 23rd in total defense. The DL is a little scary but the secondary certainly isn't as of right now.
Week 4 HOU - 2nd best total defense - it will be a very tough game.
Week 5 MINN - 21st in defense.

In the first five weeks we face 4 teams that had defenses ranked 16th or worse in total defense. Our main goal will be to put up points and keep pace with the opposing offense. I think Locker gives us the better option in that regard. You can't dink and dunk down the field and beat Brady. You have to take chances and stretch the field. With Palmers offense and Locker's arm I think Locker is the better choice.

Ya that was last year. NE has gotten better. Det is still very good. Total defense is a stupid stat. Det can pressure a QB while our D couldnt even sniff McCowns feet. I still think Hass is the best option hes the vet were playing tough defenses and tough teams overall ride the Vet who had a pretty good season last year and a QB that has actually won in this league. Locker still hasnt won a game ride Hass till injury or is just flat out terrible

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
You know, even though Hass is the vet and our schedule starts out rough I can see Locker starting. Palmer has got more weapons to implement his vertical attack, run and shoot offense and Locker has a much better arm than Hass does. It's hard to run and shoot when you don't have a gun. Cool

While our first few weeks look very tough, it's the offenses that run those teams, not incredibly tough defenses.

Week 3 DET - 23rd in total defense. The DL is a little scary but the secondary certainly isn't as of right now.

In the first five weeks we face 4 teams that had defenses ranked 16th or worse in total defense. Our main goal will be to put up points and keep pace with the opposing offense. I think Locker gives us the better option in that regard. You can't dink and dunk down the field and beat Brady. You have to take chances and stretch the field. With Palmers offense and Locker's arm I think Locker is the better choice.

Ya that was last year. NE has gotten better. Det is still very good. Total defense is a stupid stat. Det can pressure a QB while our D couldnt even sniff McCowns feet. I still think Hass is the best option hes the vet were playing tough defenses and tough teams overall ride the Vet who had a pretty good season last year and a QB that has actually won in this league. Locker still hasnt won a game ride Hass till injury or is just flat out terrible

Yeah NE and Det are good - that's the point. They score lots of points week in and week out. We don't have the defense to shut them down. If we're going to win those games, we'll have to score a lot of points. If we're going to score a lot of points, we're going to need to get big chunks of yards and Locker is a better bet for that, as we saw last year.

The argument that Locker shouldn't start because he hasn't won a game is just inane. How the hell is he supposed to get a W if he can't play until he has a W?
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not playing tough defenses though. We're playing very good to great offenses. Offenses that we are going to need to keep up with on the scoreboard. Hass being a vet gives us zero edge in a shootout, particularly when compared to a far more explosive player.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

Just because it doesn't support your argument doesn't make it a "stupid stat". New England's pass defense was absolutely atrocious last season. They may have gotten better, but that remains to be seen, and it hasn't improved to the point where anyone is going to fear their defense out of the gate.

Detroit has a good pass rush? Well, we have one of the best pass blocking lines in the league. Plus, Locker is more mobile, so even if it wasn't, I'd still prefer him in that situation. Minnesota and San Diego's defenses aren't scaring anyone.

We aren't aiming for the quarterback who's "not terrible", we're aiming for the quarterback who can score the most points. I sure as hell am not convinced that is Hasselbeck. Obviously Munchak isn't either, otherwise Locker wouldn't be getting 50% of the first team reps in practice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm impressed that they are even completing anything with Griffin out there in coverage.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Stone32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I'm impressed that they are even completing anything with Griffin out there in coverage.

Oh, that's rich.
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
We've been bred to be pessimistic at all costs.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone32 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

Oh, that's rich.

lol RuskieTitan will defend his adopt a player better than anyone else. Thats for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi stated on Inside Training Camp Live Tuesday that he's "learned" Jake Locker is the favorite to open the season as the Titans' starting quarterback.
The Titans intend to run a vertical, pass-first offense, and Locker gives them their best chance to execute with a power arm and difference-making athleticism when receivers fail to defeat coverage downfield. Locker is dangerous on the run, and Tennessee's passing attack offers explosive elements even if anything they get from Kenny Britt is a "bonus."

Per rotoworld..

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
VYoung10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi stated on Inside Training Camp Live Tuesday that he's "learned" Jake Locker is the favorite to open the season as the Titans' starting quarterback.
The Titans intend to run a vertical, pass-first offense, and Locker gives them their best chance to execute with a power arm and difference-making athleticism when receivers fail to defeat coverage downfield. Locker is dangerous on the run, and Tennessee's passing attack offers explosive elements even if anything they get from Kenny Britt is a "bonus."

Per rotoworld..

We are talking about a future hall of famer. The best qb to come out in the past 5 years.

2014 Adopt a Titan: Bernard Pollard #31
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Quote:

Per rotoworld..

I was watching when he said that. Im pretty sure my face looked like this Shocked

I thought for sure Hass would get the nod based on the opening schedule (and that may very well still happen), but it is good to hear that Locker is making such an impact at such an early stage of traing camp.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Quote:

Per rotoworld..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Locker is considered the favorite. The FO and coaching staff of this team have their tenures tied up in Jake Locker. Hass was and is a stopgap measure.

Taking the long view, which is what Munch & Co. will do now because their jobs aren't on the line this year, starting Locker now is just plain better for this team than leaving him on the bench.

Realistically he's probably the better short-term solution also, for the reasons mentioned in Lombardi's comment and by someone else earlier in this thread.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, especially because I felt that it truly was Matt's job to lose

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was like this

Then Heath Evans said we had no weapons on offense and I was like this

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can barely stomach to listen to the national media talk about the Titans. It's just incredibly obvious that they have spent roughly 15 minutes following this team over the last year. Watching the NFLN segment about how we have to get Locker on the field because of where we took him despite the fact that "Hass is the better quarterback" is just disgusting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: