Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Will Win: Hasselbeck Vs. Locker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

2012 Starting QB
Matt Hasselbeck
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
Jake Locker
68%
 68%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 41

VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
As bad as Locker looked yesterday... Hasselsuck hasn't even shown a glimmer of better play than that.

That's bordering dumbassery, if not already crossed over in to it, unless you're talking strictly about the pre-season..and even then, last night, Hass looked better.
Laughing Cool story... Your right tho the check down king sure showed his skills off...

Hass is a back up...He doesn't make the bad mistake that cost us games..But I mean the guy can't throw it deep...Unless he just chucks it up and it gets picked..He checks down way to much. sometimes with no pressure from the Dline what so ever.Not to mention he hasn't looked any better then locker since the saints game...Crazy.

Locker just brings so much more to the table...

Im not happy about how we are handling this QB battle. We know what hass brings us. Theres no reason Locker shouldn't start the last two preseason games.. Let the kid get nice and relaxed knowing he has the last three games to win the job.

If Hass starts week 1...We start 1-3 at best 2-2! If Locker starts..We may start 4-0 we may start 0-4 who knows..But the one thing I do know is that our 1st round QB OUR FUTURE is learning and gaining experience against upper level teams along with the rest of our young team. We will have alot less doubt about what were gonna get outta locker next year and we can move this team forward and let jake grow along side of our young talent instead of waiting on Munch to see that Hass is washed up.

Hass=KFC 2.0

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
As bad as Locker looked yesterday... Hasselsuck hasn't even shown a glimmer of better play than that.

That's bordering dumbassery, if not already crossed over in to it, unless you're talking strictly about the pre-season..and even then, last night, Hass looked better.
Laughing Cool story... Your right tho the check down king sure showed his skills off...

Hass is a back up...He doesn't make the bad mistake that cost us games..But I mean the guy can't throw it deep...Unless he just chucks it up and it gets picked..He checks down way to much. sometimes with no pressure from the Dline what so ever.Not to mention he hasn't looked any better then locker since the saints game...Crazy.

Locker just brings so much more to the table...

Im not happy about how we are handling this QB battle. We know what hass brings us. Theres no reason Locker shouldn't start the last two preseason games.. Let the kid get nice and relaxed knowing he has the last three games to win the job.

If Hass starts week 1...We start 1-3 at best 2-2! If Locker starts..We may start 4-0 we may start 0-4 who knows..But the one thing I do know is that our 1st round QB OUR FUTURE is learning and gaining experience against upper level teams along with the rest of our young team. We will have alot less doubt about what were gonna get outta locker next year and we can move this team forward and let jake grow along side of our young talent instead of waiting on Munch to see that Hass is washed up.

Hass=KFC 2.0

I never said once in my post I think or want Hasselback to start.

But Locker is going to be riding the bench if he doesn't show that he gives us a better chance to win. "Captain checkdown" or whatever you want to call him beats 4/11 with 1(should have been 2) interceptions. You can call him whatever you like, but when healthy, Hass is a much better QB than what Jake was against Tampa.

You can insult Hasselback all you want to try and hide the fact that Locker fell flat on his face when he needed to excel the most, but that doesn't work on me. I would like to get the future started NOW, and I WANT to see Locker start the next two pre-season games, and the season for that matter.

But just because I WANT that, doesn't make it the best option. Munchak thinks this team has a chance to compete and win playoff games. He'll go with the guy who he feels can get it done..and Locker will need to perform much better than what he did last night to show that he's that guy.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the people who think that we should start Hass then switch to Locker during the bye - that will never happen unless our season starts out atrocious, and at that point it's almost a done deal we won't make the playoffs.

If Hass starts, and we are in the hunt, we are trapped with him for a while.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want a chance to beat Tom Brady and the Pats we better just go with Hasselbeck at least we know what we're getting with him and we won't have to go through sophomore growing pains.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
If we want a chance to beat Tom Brady and the Pats we better just go with Hasselbeck at least we know what we're getting with him and we won't have to go through sophomore growing pains.

Instead we'd wait until next year and experience junior growing pains?

Locker will need a couple of regular season games to get acclimated to the speed of the game in official game situations. We can go with that this year, with a young team, and grow and improve, or we can be stuck in limbo for both this season under Hasselsuck, and next year with Locker finally starting.

For the long term of our franchise, Locker starting this year makes far too much sense.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
If we want a chance to beat Tom Brady and the Pats we better just go with Hasselbeck at least we know what we're getting with him

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
Yes...because if there's one way to beat a strong offense it's with a quarterback that is unable and unwilling to throw the ball more than 10 yards down field.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasselbeck picked on his third pass today.

<3

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports

Hasselbeck picked off by McCarthy on third pass

McCarthy is just dominating life this TC.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports

Locker off to shaky start in his 2 minute opportunity. He went 2 for 6 with three bad overthrows #Titans

Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@terrymc13

Jason McCourty near pick of Locker on out route

I have a feeling we're rapidly approaching a Hass start week one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@glennonsports

Locker bouncing back well in his second team drill. He fires a dart down right sideline that connects long w Cook.

God I want to see more of this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munch wants Locker to win the job, he's gonna give him every chance in the world.

Hell, Hass has only thrown it 14 times in the pre-season, compared to Locker's 24 and Rusty's 19.

Locker really needs to take it and run with it....He'll probably get the start vs Arizona, and get to play in to the 2nd half. If he doesn't take control, it's Hass' job.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@terrymc13

Locker with maybe an ill-advised pass to Lavelle Hawkins but it was on the money. And it was dropped

When you're getting as few opportunities as Lavelle has this TC, you can't be doing that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@terrymc13

Locker with maybe an ill-advised pass to Lavelle Hawkins but it was on the money. And it was dropped

When you're getting as few opportunities as Lavelle has this TC, you can't be doing that.

He drops Locker passes?

We drop him from roster.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: