Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Fantasy Questions: New Orleans Saints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: SoS's Fantasy Questions: New Orleans Saints Reply with quote

How's it going guys!? I'm sure many of you know me as the rambunctious Seattle homer that posts way too much.

Well in my spare time during this time of the season I usually run a Fantasy Football Advice thread for those of you that are into that kinda thing. Check out the 2012 thread I'll be making soon!

Anyways, I just had a few questions to ensure that I'm not ignorant with any advice I provide this offseason. That's why I've come up with a batch of clarifying questions for all 32 teams and getting my facts straight. Thanks to everyone that helps in advance!

Questions
1. With Meachem out of town, does Lance Moore become a legit #2 fantasy option?

2. With your HC suspended for the season, how do you expect the offense to change if at all? Who is most likely to regress from your big 3 receiving options?

3. Mark Ingram hasn't been as good as advertised thus far in his career. Would you feel comfortable taking him as your #2 fantasy back this year and why?
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No the Saints will still spread the ball around way too much. The only three players you should look at 4 players for fantasy purposes only, Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham, Darren Sproles, and Marques Colston. Sleeper would be Chase Daniels as a #2 QB to see how he plays out and if Brees doesn't sign his tag/new deal.

2. I expect little to nothing to change if Brees is the QB. If Daniels is the QB I expect us to utilize our 4 running backs more and go a little more run heavy to take pressure off of Daniels in the passing game.

3. I expect him to really pick up his play. The offensive line play was mediocre to abysmal in the run game up until after the St. Louis game, after that they picked it up and started playing as expected, by that time though Ingram was battling injuries and couldn't contribute well. With the line play likely to pick-up, his health returning, and a possible increase in his workload, as he's always been one to get stronger over more carries. #2 Fantasy back though... not so sure... I would pick him as my #3 rotational RB based on match-ups until we get a definitive answer on him. Darren Sproles would be a much better option as a #2 RB with his yards in the passing, rushing, and his ability to take it to score in a variety of ways.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 100% agree with Raves on all 3 of his answers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:

Agreed. The only one I slightly disagree with is Ingram, I think Vitt will use him more as a work horse back. I think Ingrams in for a big year

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

Agreed. The only one I slightly disagree with is Ingram, I think Vitt will use him more as a work horse back. I think Ingrams in for a big year

What makes you think that?
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

What makes you think that?

I just get that old school football vibe from Vitt, I feel like he's goin to give Ingram a large majority of the carries.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would stay away from Ingram..
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of numbers are you guys expecting him Colston? I expect a big year from him with Meacham out of town and his already strong rapport with Brees

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
What kind of numbers are you guys expecting him Colston? I expect a big year from him with Meacham out of town and his already strong rapport with Brees

Same as always, 1000 yards and 10 TDs, you can almost earmark Colston for those numbers each year, well the 1000 yards at least and the TDs are always right around 10.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: