Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off-season talk 2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Off-season talk 2.0 Reply with quote

The last thread got to over 100 pages so it's time to start a new one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a unique approach for sure. This is a drastic culture change, and I think that it was necessary. Schiano is making his impact felt early - we'll see the results soon enough.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2012/jul/28/schiano-rebuilding-bucs-with-iron-fists-ar-445146/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
Since the day Schiano was pried away from Piscataway, N.J., the Bucs organization has spoken with a Jersey accent – the only voice that counts.

"He's not mean, but he wants everything done his way,'' right tackle Jeremy Trueblood said. "I don't think it's an exaggeration to call this a culture change. It's a different way of doing things and I like it a lot so far.''

Four key players from last season – all of whom spent part of the offseason program away from Tampa for various reasons – are gone. Early in the offseason, the team released safety Tanard Jackson and traded tight end Kellen Winslow. On Thursday, the day veteran players reported to camp, the Bucs traded former second-round draft pick Brian Price and released receiver Dezmon Briscoe.

Jackson, Winslow and Price were starters in 2011, while Briscoe led the team with six touchdowns.

"That Winslow trade didn't take very long,'' said former Rutgers defensive end Billy Tulloch, who was a senior when Schiano began his 11-year run on the Scarlet Knight sidelines in 2001. "I wasn't surprised. If Coach Schiano thinks you're not sold out and all in, you won't be around.''

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The culture change was much needed and Im glad its happening. Pro players need to be pushed or they will never be good enough to win a Championship. Schiano seems to be doing everything right so far. I know some people are worried about too much of a college like atmosphere or too much tempo, but with anything, especially a 1st year NFL HC, its going to take some time to figure out the best way to do things. There is some give and take and Schiano will figure out the best way to get results.

I think these practices will continue to be tough but as the weeks, months, years go on, Schiano will let up and this will be less like a college atmosphere. Its just that right now these guys are really young and all they know is a HC that screwed around. So, the players have to grow with Schaino and become professionals first before he lets up on his leash, per say.

In the last off season thread, did someone say we could get Mike Wallace for a 3rd or 4th round pick? I highly doubt that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PFT

Quote:
The Steelers are expected to listen to trade offers for Wallace, and Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has “guessed” that he might only cost a fourth-round pick. If the monetary price has come down, too, then perhaps a team looking for a playmaker will be willing to pay those costs, and the receiver nicknamed “60 Minutes” will be playing ball in a different locale in 2012.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
PFT

Quote:
The Steelers are expected to listen to trade offers for Wallace, and Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has “guessed” that he might only cost a fourth-round pick. If the monetary price has come down, too, then perhaps a team looking for a playmaker will be willing to pay those costs, and the receiver nicknamed “60 Minutes” will be playing ball in a different locale in 2012.

No way they dump him for a 4th round pick. A second no more, no less. If they lose him next year they will be rewarded with a 3rd round pick. Teams like the Colts or the Rams should be knocking on the Steelers door right now. A second and $55M contract for a the most explosive deep threat besides Calvin in the game. Pair Wallace with Bradford or Luck and they have a legit passing game as soon as they sign.

Not going to say it won't happen because lots of us thought an offseason like this past would ever happen but slim chances we make this trade. If we did I can go Qb and this offense would be a threat every snap.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
PFT

Quote:

No way they dump him for a 4th round pick. A second no more, no less. If they lose him next year they will be rewarded with a 3rd round pick. Teams like the Colts or the Rams should be knocking on the Steelers door right now. A second and $55M contract for a the most explosive deep threat besides Calvin in the game. Pair Wallace with Bradford or Luck and they have a legit passing game as soon as they sign.

Not going to say it won't happen because lots of us thought an offseason like this past would ever happen but slim chances we make this trade. If we did I can go Qb and this offense would be a threat every snap.

The only reason I say the thought of Wallace does not even go through Schiano's head is due to Wallace's actions in trying to get a new contract. While I wouldnt call Wallace's holding out from camp a character concern, I just dont think its something that makes Schiano want to trade for him considering what all Schiano has been doing this offseason. Plus, WR is probably one of our best and deepest positions.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
PFT

Quote:

The only reason I say the thought of Wallace does not even go through Schiano's head is due to Wallace's actions in trying to get a new contract. While I wouldnt call Wallace's holding out from camp a character concern, I just dont think its something that makes Schiano want to trade for him considering what all Schiano has been doing this offseason. Plus, WR is probably one of our best and deepest positions.

I don't think it will happen but if it ever did I wouldn't be upset. What Wallace is doing is all business. Schiano is old school but he did ok the Vincent Jackson trade. A guy who complained for a few seasons and even sat out 10 regular season games to get paid. If the guy can play and isn't a drinker that for whatever reason gets behind the wheel while drinking that he would be cool with the player. MJD isn't going to get hate for this, everyone knows he outperformed his contract. Once he signs his new deal, everyone will love him again in the orginization.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD deserves every penny he holds out for. Wallace, not so much.

I'd still offer a conditional fourth and pay Wallace like Jackson. Wallace stretching the field on one side with Jackson stretching the other side and playing the middle of the field would be a pretty badass duo. The third WR wouldn't matter much.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace isn't on the trading block. That report came from some beat writers.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tampa Bay made another change to its 90-man camp roster on Sunday morning, signing second-year linebacker Nate Triplett, who has seen time with Minnesota, San Diego and Indianapolis

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Bucs-Add-Triplett-to-LB-Corps/93e69dea-a2fc-432c-b9f4-ac371b1bc224

I don't know anything about this guy but more competition is always a good thing.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Quote:
Tampa Bay made another change to its 90-man camp roster on Sunday morning, signing second-year linebacker Nate Triplett, who has seen time with Minnesota, San Diego and Indianapolis

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Bucs-Add-Triplett-to-LB-Corps/93e69dea-a2fc-432c-b9f4-ac371b1bc224

I don't know anything about this guy but more competition is always a good thing.

Especially at LB. It would be nice to see a half decent LB group this year.
youngbuc20

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I remember seeing posts regarding Otah. He didn't pass his physical with the Jets so he is going back tothe Panthers. I see him being cut by Carolina and I wouldn't mind one bit if we signed him.

At one time he was considered to be a very good right tackle but has seem to been infected by the injury bug for the last two or three seasons.

If he can get healthy he could be a big asset for this team. If not, we cut our losses. We have 90 roster spots I think we can use one on him...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:
well I remember seeing posts regarding Otah. He didn't pass his physical with the Jets so he is going back tothe Panthers. I see him being cut by Carolina and I wouldn't mind one bit if we signed him.

At one time he was considered to be a very good right tackle but has seem to been infected by the injury bug for the last two or three seasons.

If he can get healthy he could be a big asset for this team. If not, we cut our losses. We have 90 roster spots I think we can use one on him...

Meh. He won't play. It seems like a waste of time to bring him in.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another LB...

http://twitter.com/caplannfl/statuses/231010403323375616

Quote:
#Buccaneers announced they signed LB Brian Smith, who spent time with the #Browns last season.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another player that I saw was released was Ben ijalana. Ol who was drafted by the Colts that many in this forumn were pretty high on when he was coming out a year or two. The depth on the OL is kinda scarce so he too could be a nice addition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: