Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off-season talk 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I read that a Hurricane might roll around the time we open up against the Panthers...can the Tampa locals shed any light on this?

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
BBando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
So I read that a Hurricane might roll around the time we open up against the Panthers...can the Tampa locals shed any light on this?
Suppose to be here this Monday.

garbage
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone's planning on getting Madden for the 360 when it comes out I'm running a league on here and we've got 15 people so far, the link is in my sig Very Happy

CallMeBarrett wrote:
The Legion of Whom*
Diesel00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Suppose to be here this Monday.

It was here in West Palm Beach South Florida yesterday and today and has dump tons of rain on us, with wind upwards of 60 mph. I know some roads are closed due to flooding some trees got pull out by their roots and of course power is out in some areas.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

The storm will be long gone by then. I live about 45 minutes south of Tampa and it reports say the worst of it should be past by tomorrow. Football should go on as planned.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parcells talking about the Bucs defense last season Laughing Laughing Laughing
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny Britt only got a 1 game suspension, but that means they are handing out suspensions now. I wonder what may happen to our guys. Seems like they should have their punishments soon, if at all.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Kenny Britt only got a 1 game suspension, but that means they are handing out suspensions now. I wonder what may happen to our guys. Seems like they should have their punishments soon, if at all.

Don't hold you're breath with goodell making the shots. He can still hand out his suspensions by Tuesday or Wednesday. He shouldn't suspend wright or Talib. Both were not guilty.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Don't hold you're breath with goodell making the shots. He can still hand out his suspensions by Tuesday or Wednesday. He shouldn't suspend wright or Talib. Both were not guilty.

Yeah but what I mean is - IIRC - Kenny Britt got in some serious trouble and was convicted and only got 1 game. Using that precedent, it seems that our CBs may go unpunished.
mfw096

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Yeah but what I mean is - IIRC - Kenny Britt got in some serious trouble and was convicted and only got 1 game. Using that precedent, it seems that our CBs may go unpunished.

I'm not worried about anything I think we will be fine.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How have your guys' 1st team offense/defense looked this offseason? Be brutally honest with me, strengths and weaknesses.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

I'm not worried about anything I think we will be fine.

Talib been suspended before for violence. I know he was found not guilty but this is roger goodell were talking about. He suspended most of those guys from the saints with no evidence (the players) and apparently offered a reduction. I won't breath easily until Wednesday on Talibs status.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
How have your guys' 1st team offense/defense looked this offseason? Be brutally honest with me, strengths and weaknesses.

Our offense is difficult to gauge. The game we most extensively played our starters in, vs NE, we beat them pretty good for 4 drives. Schiano seems committed to running the ball, and Doug Martin has definitely looked the part of an all-around back. But, at other times this preseason it's looked downright dreadful... Our receivers are probably the deepest unit on the team, the ingredients for a potent passing offense are definitely there. Our RB stable seems to have the chance to be an awesome 1-2-3 combo with Martin, Blount, and Smith, but we'll see. The line was supposed to be a strength, but with Joseph going out with injury, the left side will beast and the right side will probably be a little less than average.

Sullivan is installing a system predicated mostly on timing between receivers and Free, so you can expect our offense to start out slow until they get used to it. Our passing game may be a strength this year, or it may be a weakness. Given the vanilla offense that we've seen so far, your guess is as good as ours... but I'd be more inclined to say that things will go our way in the passing game this year. The potential is there, but it all starts with #5.

Our starting defense has looked improved from last year; our line is getting pressure consistently, which should translate into more sacks than last year.

David looks really good and instinctual at Will and should be a 3 down star. Other than that, our linebackers, while definitely showcasing themselves as more aggressive than last year with the new downhill scheme, are not playing the read and react as quickly as they should be. We seem to be more stout at stuffing the run in the middle, but it seems like teams can still run to the outside and have success on us. As far as our defensive backfield, Barron looks like an absolute stud and Wright looks much more serviceable than I thought he would be. Talib always starts off the year slow but I expect him to be playing as well as he normally does shortly into the season. After those 3, and Ronde (who should have a much easier time at safety this year), we have a lot of raw DBs with physical upside, yet limited experience, that are competing for spots right now.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
5nick5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Strengths
-Doug Martin has looked great.
-Vincent Jackson's prescience on the field has been enough to help the offense and is improving Mike Williams' and the other receivers' games.
-Our left side of the OL might be one of the strongest if not the strongest in the NFL.
-The D-Line has been getting a lot of penetration and has been making plays in the backfield.
-Lavonte David is playing like a beast.
-Barron is a stud, Barber seems to be making the transition to Safety well, Eric Wright has played surprisingly well, and Talib hasn't been tested too often but has held his own against receivers for the most part. And Ahmad Black has made some splash plays.
-The Special Teams looks pretty good. Barth is kicking well, Koenen is punting well, Michael Smith has made some nice kick returns, and kickoff coverage has been pretty good.

Weaknesses
-Freeman has been inconsistent. He looked good vs. Miami and terrible vs. Tennessee. Against New England, he was unstoppable in the 1st quarter, in the 2nd & 3rd, he couldn't complete anything.
-Our TE situation has a lot of uncertainty. Dallas Clark and Luke Stocker haven't gotten a lot of action.
-The right side of the O-Line has a lot of uncertainty after the Joseph injury. Jeremy Zuttah, the center, has been getting beat consistently as had Jeremy Trueblood. I believe Demar Dotson will get the start week 1 because he's been better than Trueblood in my opinion. At RG I don't know what the plan is now.
-Our D-Line has almost no depth now. If anybody goes down, particularly McCoy, we might be screwed.
-The LBs haven't been very impressive except for David. Mason Foster has played ok, but Quincy Black has been horrible. I'd much rather see Dekoda Watson or Adam Hayward take over his job. Watson is explosive and Hayward has a higher football IQ and played well vs. New England.
-And with the DBs, again the depth is questionable. It's better than the D-Line because there's actually a decent amount of players in the secondary, but the talent is unproven and questionable.
-The punt return coverage has been sloppy. I've seen quite a few missed tackles. Good thing Koenen is punting well, because we'll need to him to kick it as far as he can to avoid giving the opponent good field position.

Overall, I don't know if I'd mark them down for the playoffs, but I wouldn't write them off either. I'd say you're looking at a very promising team in a very tough division. I'm lowering my expectations to slating them between 6-10 and 9-7

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Glazer tweets Tanard Jackson has been suspended indefinitely by the league. Some guys just never figure it out, really ashame.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: