Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off-season talk 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@AdamSchefter: Any team looking for a DE - and plenty are - can inquire with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Quote:
Saints acquired veteran linebacker Barrett Ruud from the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for a future undisclosed draft pick.

I look forward to Doug Martin running him over.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Quote:
Saints acquired veteran linebacker Barrett Ruud from the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for a future undisclosed draft pick.

Laughing that was my first thought as well.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Quote:

haha nice
mfw096

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Quote:

haha nice

I miss Rudd, but I know Doug Martin will!
youngbuc20

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Quote:

I wonder where they will play him. He may just be in on passing downs. I can't see him starting over Hawthorne or Lofton. Id like to see Martin knock him over too but I would really like to see Blount do it. Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Quote:

I wonder where they will play him. He may just be in on passing downs. I can't see him starting over Hawthorne or Lofton. Id like to see Martin knock him over too but I would really like to see Blount do it. Shocked Laughing

The Saints have been getting hammered with injuries, including the LB position, that's why they had to sign one now. Not to worry, even if he works up the courage to try to tackle Blount or Martin, they will still get 7 or 8 yards before help arrives and they bring the runner down. After all, that's why we got rid of him, too many yards gained before he could make the tackle. Wink
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Quote:

I think Lofton is their only FA LB healthy right now.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Lofton was out with a knee injury.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

I know Chamberlain is out and Hawthorne is hurt, I don't know about Lofton.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Hmmm... I could've sworn I saw Lofton and Hawthorne were out. I haven't seen anything about Chamberlain.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Hmmm... I could've sworn I saw Lofton and Hawthorne were out. I haven't seen anything about Chamberlain.

Chamberlain is out for the season, Lofton has a high ankle sprain and expects to be good for the season, and Hawthorne tore some cartilage and may have also had a torn meniscus and may be out for the start of the season.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Chamberlain is out for the season, Lofton has a high ankle sprain and expects to be good for the season, and Hawthorne tore some cartilage and may have also had a torn meniscus and may be out for the start of the season.

That's what it was.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this quote from JBF and it explains our problem with defending the run to a T.

Quote:
Woody Cummings: What you are missing are somethings you and I would have to spend 25 or 30 years working in the game to understand. It is so many little nuances and details. Coach Schiano explained it to us. His [defense] is a downhill, attacking type of defense. I guess old habits are hard to break? Because what a lot of the Bucs linebackers and players in general have done these first couple of games is to fall back into the old habits. They get into the game — they [run Schiano's defense] in practice and they do it OK — but they get into a game, they got back into the old Raheem Morris read-and-react style. Basically, you mirror the offense and wait for the guy to come to you and you go that way. Which is opposed to what Coach Schiano wants, which is the ball is snapped and you go and find that ball and you attack it and you bring that player down. Like I said, old habits are hard to break; you get in a game situation you want to find that comfort zone in order to make plays. I think it is going to take a while for some of these players — even though they came out of systems better suited for an attack defense, downhill approach. Mason Foster is like that and I think so too is Quincy Black. It’s going to take a while to become accustomed.

I think Cummings is dead on. From personal experience it's hard to just breakaway from something you've done for so long. That's why David will be the best backer right away.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Got this quote from JBF and it explains our problem with defending the run to a T.

Quote:
Woody Cummings: What you are missing are somethings you and I would have to spend 25 or 30 years working in the game to understand. It is so many little nuances and details. Coach Schiano explained it to us. His [defense] is a downhill, attacking type of defense. I guess old habits are hard to break? Because what a lot of the Bucs linebackers and players in general have done these first couple of games is to fall back into the old habits. They get into the game — they [run Schiano's defense] in practice and they do it OK — but they get into a game, they got back into the old Raheem Morris read-and-react style. Basically, you mirror the offense and wait for the guy to come to you and you go that way. Which is opposed to what Coach Schiano wants, which is the ball is snapped and you go and find that ball and you attack it and you bring that player down. Like I said, old habits are hard to break; you get in a game situation you want to find that comfort zone in order to make plays. I think it is going to take a while for some of these players — even though they came out of systems better suited for an attack defense, downhill approach. Mason Foster is like that and I think so too is Quincy Black. It’s going to take a while to become accustomed.

I think Cummings is dead on. From personal experience it's hard to just breakaway from something you've done for so long. That's why David will be the best backer right away.

He's definitely dead on. This is exactly what I saw especially from our LBs against the Titans and that's why they ran all over us. The LBs were waiting for the play and by the time they can diagnose it, Johnson or Locker or Reynaud was already hitting the hole.

They need to fill gaps and attack, not wait to be ran away from. I felt like the DL and the starting secondary was there for the plays but the LBs weren't.

I really think we may see David be our best LB this year because of this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: