Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off-season talk 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 28909
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I like the LB competion, it is a bit unsettling that we're still bringing 'em in.
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 66 Tackles (11 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1902
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:
Another player that I saw was released was Ben ijalana. Ol who was drafted by the Colts that many in this forumn were pretty high on when he was coming out a year or two. The depth on the OL is kinda scarce so he too could be a nice addition.
Ijalana hurt himself again this year, so nah we shouldn't be interested. He was impressive against us last year when he was at tackle though. I'd keep tabs on him for next year if we need to improve upon the depth.

Jeff Otah has been cut. I think we should give him a call in the latter part of the year. That way he can get healthier, and he can replace Trueblood too.


Last edited by indifference on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 28909
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
youngbuc20 wrote:
Another player that I saw was released was Ben ijalana. Ol who was drafted by the Colts that many in this forumn were pretty high on when he was coming out a year or two. The depth on the OL is kinda scarce so he too could be a nice addition.
Ijalana hurt himself again this year, so nah we shouldn't be interested. He was impressive against us last year when he was at tackle though. I'd keep tabs on him for next year if we need to improve upon the depth.

Is it a serious injury? Could we sign him and IR him?
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 66 Tackles (11 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1902
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
indifference wrote:
youngbuc20 wrote:
Another player that I saw was released was Ben ijalana. Ol who was drafted by the Colts that many in this forumn were pretty high on when he was coming out a year or two. The depth on the OL is kinda scarce so he too could be a nice addition.
Ijalana hurt himself again this year, so nah we shouldn't be interested. He was impressive against us last year when he was at tackle though. I'd keep tabs on him for next year if we need to improve upon the depth.

Is it a serious injury? Could we sign him and IR him?
I think its another ACL tear. So pretty serious. I say wait till he gets more health then start contract negotiations. Personally, I rather have Otah over Ijalana. Man, get Jeff Otah healthy and you have a line of

Penn-Nicks-Zuttah-Joseph-Otah

Shocked

Dominant running game? More like historical if we can get Otah healthy and he plays like a top 5 RT he were before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 28909
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. Nevermind then. I'd rather have guys that are dependable.
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 66 Tackles (11 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8982
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Alstott Interview

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Mike-Alstott-Interview/14c5f292-37b5-43df-89d2-b22f8e448de8

Solid interview with Mike... damn time flies Shocked
_________________


Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mfw096


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 2926
Location: UNLV
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Mike Alstott Interview

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Mike-Alstott-Interview/14c5f292-37b5-43df-89d2-b22f8e448de8

Solid interview with Mike... damn time flies Shocked


My favorite buc of all time
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
2012 - Doug Martin
2013 - Darrelle Revis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9114
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite his poor season, Freeman continued to excel under pressure (7th best in the league per Football Outsiders). What actually hurt him was how he fared when he wasn't under pressure. Whether you attribute that to trying to do too much when we needed a score or just flat out poor decision making, there is reason to believe that these issues are correctable.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/2011-pressure-plays-offense

Quote:
Like beating press coverage is for young receivers, beating pressure is a tried and true indicator of the career trajectory for young quarterbacks. The table clearly separates the ones who seem to "get it" from those that don't (at least not yet). Joining old standbys Brady, Roethlisberger, and Drew Brees in the top 10 of DVOA under pressure are neophytes Stafford, Josh Freeman, Cam Newton, and Andy Dalton. At 20th or worse, there's the aforementioned Sanchez, along with Sam Bradford, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, and John Skelton. I suppose you can give Ponder and Gabbert a pass because of their high DVOA-difference rankings, but those are simply byproducts of being the only two qualifying quarterbacks with a below-average DVOA without pressure.

Freeman's performance in particular, despite a down year overall, should give Buccaneers fans some optimism for the future, especially in the face of left tackle Donald Penn's injury. It gives us a clue that 2011 was Freeman's fluke, not 2010. That's because he ranked first in DVOA with pressure two years ago; third on hurried throws, while facing pressure on 34.7 percent of pass plays no less. What killed him last season was falling from eighth to 29th in DVOA without pressure, but that seems eminently more fixable than if he had all-of-a-sudden displayed the shell shock of David Carr. Also, contrast Freeman's stats with Bradford's, which were similar both in 2011 and his "good" rookie year in 2010 (20th in DVOA with pressure, 25th on hurried throws). In that context, it's no wonder we're more bullish on Freeman than Bradford going forward.

_________________


Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4233
Location: PA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Despite his poor season, Freeman continued to excel under pressure (7th best in the league per Football Outsiders). What actually hurt him was how he fared when he wasn't under pressure. Whether you attribute that to trying to do too much when we needed a score or just flat out poor decision making, there is reason to believe that these issues are correctable.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/2011-pressure-plays-offense

Quote:
Like beating press coverage is for young receivers, beating pressure is a tried and true indicator of the career trajectory for young quarterbacks. The table clearly separates the ones who seem to "get it" from those that don't (at least not yet). Joining old standbys Brady, Roethlisberger, and Drew Brees in the top 10 of DVOA under pressure are neophytes Stafford, Josh Freeman, Cam Newton, and Andy Dalton. At 20th or worse, there's the aforementioned Sanchez, along with Sam Bradford, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, and John Skelton. I suppose you can give Ponder and Gabbert a pass because of their high DVOA-difference rankings, but those are simply byproducts of being the only two qualifying quarterbacks with a below-average DVOA without pressure.

Freeman's performance in particular, despite a down year overall, should give Buccaneers fans some optimism for the future, especially in the face of left tackle Donald Penn's injury. It gives us a clue that 2011 was Freeman's fluke, not 2010. That's because he ranked first in DVOA with pressure two years ago; third on hurried throws, while facing pressure on 34.7 percent of pass plays no less. What killed him last season was falling from eighth to 29th in DVOA without pressure, but that seems eminently more fixable than if he had all-of-a-sudden displayed the shell shock of David Carr. Also, contrast Freeman's stats with Bradford's, which were similar both in 2011 and his "good" rookie year in 2010 (20th in DVOA with pressure, 25th on hurried throws). In that context, it's no wonder we're more bullish on Freeman than Bradford going forward.


I <3 this post. Nice find, DRD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1902
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Despite his poor season, Freeman continued to excel under pressure (7th best in the league per Football Outsiders). What actually hurt him was how he fared when he wasn't under pressure. Whether you attribute that to trying to do too much when we needed a score or just flat out poor decision making, there is reason to believe that these issues are correctable.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/2011-pressure-plays-offense

Quote:
Like beating press coverage is for young receivers, beating pressure is a tried and true indicator of the career trajectory for young quarterbacks. The table clearly separates the ones who seem to "get it" from those that don't (at least not yet). Joining old standbys Brady, Roethlisberger, and Drew Brees in the top 10 of DVOA under pressure are neophytes Stafford, Josh Freeman, Cam Newton, and Andy Dalton. At 20th or worse, there's the aforementioned Sanchez, along with Sam Bradford, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, and John Skelton. I suppose you can give Ponder and Gabbert a pass because of their high DVOA-difference rankings, but those are simply byproducts of being the only two qualifying quarterbacks with a below-average DVOA without pressure.

Freeman's performance in particular, despite a down year overall, should give Buccaneers fans some optimism for the future, especially in the face of left tackle Donald Penn's injury. It gives us a clue that 2011 was Freeman's fluke, not 2010. That's because he ranked first in DVOA with pressure two years ago; third on hurried throws, while facing pressure on 34.7 percent of pass plays no less. What killed him last season was falling from eighth to 29th in DVOA without pressure, but that seems eminently more fixable than if he had all-of-a-sudden displayed the shell shock of David Carr. Also, contrast Freeman's stats with Bradford's, which were similar both in 2011 and his "good" rookie year in 2010 (20th in DVOA with pressure, 25th on hurried throws). In that context, it's no wonder we're more bullish on Freeman than Bradford going forward.
Great dig DRD. I had to share this with the PR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 28909
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL TONIGHT!!!!!

I don't care if it isn't us. I just wanna watch some FOOTBALL!!
_________________
Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 66 Tackles (11 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8982
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL TONIGHT!!!!!

I don't care if it isn't us. I just wanna watch some FOOTBALL!!


+1

So jacked to watch ball again!
_________________


Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8982
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Derrick-Brooks-Interview/b683dbb2-f5f0-4e93-a792-8a10a5a9bf52

Derrick Brooks Interview

Good interview with Brooks. "These guys are better" Shocked
_________________


Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8982
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From watching the practice clips to the few hours the we were on NFL Network the other morning I love what I am seeing from our offense. Push, push, and more pushing the ball down the field. Lot of deep balls going up this year. I expect our line to dominate early in games. Teams will have to put an extra guy in the box and when they do BOOM deep ball! I can't wait until our game on Friday!
_________________


Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5666
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson's knee is already causing problems, this is exactly what I was worried about with him

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8245068/trent-richardson-cleveland-browns-sore-knee-miss-preseason-opener
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group