Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts shake up roster, practice squad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Colts shake up roster, practice squad Reply with quote

http://blogs.colts.com/2012/10/09/indianapolis-colts-make-roster-moves-6/?utm_source=colts.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=latestblogs

To the active roster
NT Antonio Dixon from FA
LB Jerry Brown from PS
DE Clfton Geathers from PS

To the Practice Squad
LB DJ Bryant
FB Robert Hughes
CB Isaiah Green
TE Dominique Jones

Released
CB Justin King from the roster
HB Alvester Alexander from the PS

Gone
LB Mario Addison - signed from PS to Washington Redskins active roster

-Two roster moves were made yesterday that left two open roster spots, which is why we added three people and only subtracted one.
-I thought for sure that with Seth Olsen out for awhile and who knows how much longer Joe Reitz is out that Trai Essex would be resigned. I suppose that they are confident that Satele will be healthy and Reitz will be back soon.
-I'm quite shocked that we have added a FB. I didn't think Arians wanted any considering we had 3 in training camp and traded one and released the others.
-NT Martin Tevaseu got carted off the field but he wasn't put on IR so maybe it wasn't that serious. Dixon was signed to be a backup and surprise surprise another former Eagle.
-I also wonder how much time Fili Moala is going to miss. Geathers (cousin to Bengal's Robert Geathers) was signed to the PS last week. Good thing apparantly
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit interested to see if Hughes can stick. He's not a traditional FB. He is more of a big physical HB. He didn't really perform in college until his last year when he stopped dancing around in the backfield and started running downhill. Hopefully he can learn the system quickly and help us with running between the tackles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: