Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

More Trades Possible
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLCbear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tice sends sharp message to Webb in LT competition

Bears Talk | CSN Chicago After a rough first day of camp, Mike Tice bristled at the notion the left tackle job was J'Marcus Webb's to lose, saying the incumbent starter would compete with Chris Williams for the gig in 2012.
15 hours ago .

Bears considered offensive tackle before signing defensive lineman

Bears Blog | Chicago Breaking Sports Before Panthers traded Otah to Jets, Bears were poking aroundBOURBONNAIS Before the Bears traded for defensive tackle Brian Price they considered making a move to bolster the offensive line.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLCbear wrote:

Bears Talk | CSN Chicago After a rough first day of camp, Mike Tice bristled at the notion the left tackle job was J'Marcus Webb's to lose, saying the incumbent starter would compete with Chris Williams for the gig in 2012.
15 hours ago .

Bears Blog | Chicago Breaking Sports Before Panthers traded Otah to Jets, Bears were poking aroundBOURBONNAIS Before the Bears traded for defensive tackle Brian Price they considered making a move to bolster the offensive line.
I'd definitely rather have Price over Otah.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
SLCbear wrote:

15 hours ago .

Agreed. Otah is a RT though. I wonder if that would have meant he or Carimi to LT...

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about everything that Emery has done has been light years ahead of Angelo so far. I love that he hasn't rested on his laurels, and he continues to tweek. This latest move would NEVER happen with Angelo, and if we already had even a half decent starter at a position, it was out of sight out of mind. I am lovin me some Emery at this point.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Otah is a pro bowl tackle when healthy... I think I would take him over price. Both the same in regards to injury problems, but otah's ceiling is seriously trough the roof.

Don't get me wrong, I love the acquisition of price. If anything he is much needed depth and if he can get his health figured out we got a steal. Low risk/high reward.

Last edited by JPeppers90 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Just about everything that Emery has done has been light years ahead of Angelo so far. I love that he hasn't rested on his laurels, and he continues to tweek. This latest move would NEVER happen with Angelo, and if we already had even a half decent starter at a position, it was out of sight out of mind. I am lovin me some Emery at this point.

So far, Emery has lived up to your sig hopes, no doubt. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Jeff Otah is a pro bowl tackle when healthy... I think I would take him over price. Both the same in regards to injury problems, but otah's ceiling is seriously trough the roof.

Don't get me wrong, I love the acquisition of price. If anything he is much needed depth and if he can get his health figured out we got a steal. Low risk/high reward.
No such thing as a probowl RT

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
SLCbear wrote:

15 hours ago .

Agreed. Otah is a RT though. I wonder if that would have meant he or Carimi to LT...

I'll bet they would have kicked Carimi inside to RG.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Huh?
RTs don't get probowl or all pro votes, you'll find that the OTs in the probowl are all LTs, all pros of course don't delineate between LT and RT so they are just OTs, and again, it's never a RT. The closest thing is Jason Peters, who played LT for Philly, but Vick is left handed so his blindside is the right side, essentially making LT like RT.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
DaMike wrote:
SLCbear wrote:

15 hours ago .

I'll bet they would have kicked Carimi inside to RG.
I'll take that bet. Carimi is staying at RT. I doubt we'd consider Otah a starter.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:

Otah has never played more than 13 games, and has played only 4 total games in the past 2 seasons. I liked him in the draft the year we took Williams but he has been extremely disappointing.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
bkokot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

Otah has never played more than 13 games, and has played only 4 total games in the past 2 seasons. I liked him in the draft the year we took Williams but he has been extremely disappointing.

In all fairness, Williams has been extremely disappointing as well... just saying.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

That's why I said when healthy. If he is Able to stay healthy, he is 5x the tackle of Williams or Webb.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
Huh?

Robot cat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: