Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Orlando Franklin to guard?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Orlando Franklin to guard? Reply with quote

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21288062/preseason-opener-rewind

Quote:
Franklin made a brief appearance at right guard Thursday night, which may be his position in the Broncos offensive line for the long term if the team can find someone to be the right tackle.

The Broncos have considered moving Franklin to right guard to take advantage of his powerful work in the run game and move Chris Kuper to left guard. The feeling is it would make them stronger up front overall, but they can't do it until someone steps forward to be the option at right tackle.

Will the OL change to:
Clady - Kuper - Walton - Franklin - ??

Franklin has size and strength but he doesn't have footspeed. Lots of fans suggested a move to OG but many thought he would take Beadles's spot, not Kuper's. An interesting twist is that Beadles has played RT.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a healthy Ryan Harris?
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure that a "healthy Ryan Harris" even exists! lol I would love to see Harris come back to the form he had about 3 or 4 yrs ago but, we will see.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be the right move. He's our 2nd or 3rd best lineman, and the interior is just atrocious.

Kuper and Clady on the left means great protection for Manning's blind side, which is important as we'll pass a lot.

Chris Clark, or Ryan Harris (if he ever gets healthy, which I doubt) can man the right tackle position with help from the tight end and running back in passing situations. Manning gets rid of the ball quick so Clark with the help of the running back and tight end chipping should give Manning enough time, and he can see that sides rush coming.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've mentioned this before and got a few of these.... Laughing

I was all for it after giving him 1 more season at least at RT but whatever works the best. If Harris isn't complete clown, put him there.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
I think it would be the right move. He's our 2nd or 3rd best lineman, and the interior is just atrocious.

Franklin isn't even arguably the team's 2nd best o-linemen and I don't see how he's third for that matter. He's far and away the worst in pass protection and third at best in run blocking. Clady, Kuper, and Walton have much harder jobs too.

elliot878 wrote:
Chris Clark, or Ryan Harris (if he ever gets healthy, which I doubt) can man the right tackle position with help from the tight end and running back in passing situations. Manning gets rid of the ball quick so Clark with the help of the running back and tight end chipping should give Manning enough time, and he can see that sides rush coming.

Starting Chris Clark is asking for trouble. We would go from struggling to hold protection for long on the right side to outright sucking terribly there. And just imagine how badly a right side of Franklin and Clark would struggle against stunts.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Franklin isn't even arguably the team's 2nd best o-linemen and I don't see how he's third for that matter. He's far and away the worst in pass protection and third at best in run blocking. Clady, Kuper, and Walton have much harder jobs too.

elliot878 wrote:

Starting Chris Clark is asking for trouble. We would go from struggling to hold protection for long on the right side to outright sucking terribly there. And just imagine how badly a right side of Franklin and Clark would struggle against stunts.
In no world is he our 3rd best run blocker.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
whenmidgetsatak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be best if we didnt have a borderline paraplegic and all-around terrible replacement at RT. I say we keep it the way it is.

UNLESS, maybe flip Beadles to RT? I know we all think Beadles sucks, but its mostly with power guys, Franklin is the opposite. Beadles played RT in college too, right?

^This guy is our forum mod
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenmidgetsatak wrote:
It would be best if we didnt have a borderline paraplegic and all-around terrible replacement at RT. I say we keep it the way it is.

UNLESS, maybe flip Beadles to RT? I know we all think Beadles sucks, but its mostly with power guys, Franklin is the opposite. Beadles played RT in college too, right?

If anything, this might be what happens. Beadles sucks, that's a given, but he may be a better RT option than anything.

Thanks, Tzimisce
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
whenmidgetsatak wrote:

If anything, this might be what happens. Beadles sucks, that's a given, but he may be a better RT option than anything.

I there anyone you post about that doesn't SUCK?????? LOL
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansas bob wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
whenmidgetsatak wrote:

I there anyone you post about that doesn't SUCK?????? LOL

Yeah read my game review. Let me guess, beadles "isn't that bad." Amidoingitright??

Thanks, Tzimisce
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark is awful and Harris probably won't ever be healthy. I wouldn't mind seeing us find a RT on waivers.

Walton has potential IMO but Beadles is a backup in this league.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they will take a look at Jeff Otah when his knee will be alright.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they will wait to see if a solid veteran RT gets cut in the coming weeks?
Mile High

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying that Franklin should move inside for a while now.

Clady---Kuper---Beadles/Walton---Franklin---Harris

Would be fine. I agree with the sentiment that another RT should be brought in to potentially go in for Harris should he get hurt, but two things worth mentioning:

1. Should Harris get hurt, we could bump Franklin outside and put Beadles back in. That isn't ideal and definitely hurts chemistry but it's not too bad an option should we not sign any other OT

2. Beadles could also try and rep at OT. He was an OT in college and could potentially be a better option for chemistry backing up Harris, and the guards...

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: