Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injuries thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
kansas bob wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Here is the thing rhuston, those DMC stats where his first 3 years in the league as that is the original comparison you made. You are quite correct I did mess up the fumble stat Embarassed , i looked at receiving TDs, however I will do some ACTUAL averaging (you know, done in a way that makes statistical sense) to give the correct picture.

To be blunt your averaging is quite simply the dumbest way of doing it I have ever seen. A MUCH better way is to do fumbles per rushing attempt, as this gives us a clear picture of who fumbles the ball more when they have it in there hands.

Moreno has 542 touches and 8 fumbles. This works out at 67 touches per fumble.

DMac has 669 touches and 13 fumbles. This works out at 51 touches per fumble.

Clearly DMac fumbles more, although you will note that he reduced that problem this past season only fumbling once on 130 touches.

Moreno averages 4.1 YPC on his career, McFadden 4.8 YPC. That is a substantial gulf. Moreno averages 9.0 yards per catch, compared to McFaddens 10.3 yards per catch. A not insignificant increase, considering McFadden has caught 35 more balls than Moreno.

Whilst McFadden still has plenty to prove healthwise - this is a more than legitimate criticism and still makes him not worth his draft selection - to question his ability on the field is asine - especially considering his improvement over the past two seasons.

On an earlier post some idiot said McFadden was 50 times better back than Moreno and AAA "totally agree entirely" with with you. These stats above doesn't seem like 50 times better to me? Actually with the press they both came out of college with, I think both are rather disappointing! I believe DMac was drafted several spots higher than Moreno was.
Denver has been hit severely by injury the last few years, not sure why but Moreno has been hit harder than most.

Idiot huh? Nice. Well, that idiot was me, and guess what, I stand by it. Anyone trying to argue Knowshon Moreno and Darren McFadden are even close as players blows my mind.

Stats are nice, but don't tell the whole story. Some of the Raiders teams with McFadden had such awful offensive lines, worse than ours recently. McFadden made a big jump in his 3rd year. He's a more dynamic player with the ball in his hands, he's faster and more elusive than Moreno. Both of them get hit by the injury bug a lot. Even using the eye test, you can see that Moreno pales in comparison to McFadden.

I'm not gonna keep debating this. Knowshon isn't going to be playing past this season. He's a below average player.

Playing here past this season that is.

Thanks, Tzimisce
rhuston

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91 Jmay

I am not sure what asine is but I assume you meant asinine. If you think I am questioning his ability while playing then your being asinine. I am questioning his ability to actually play. He has missed 21 games in 4 years.

I appreciate the fact that you think I have the dumbest way of averaging my stats. As you so clearly pointed out to me, your far superior method produced the same results. Can I use your far superior method to equate touches and touchdowns or how about points per touch, or is that dumb also because it does not favor your boy.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that this is the "injuries thread" (not the km VS D-Mac thread) can anyone tell me the status of Harris and Carter? Carter I understand won't be available until the regular season, but I'm curious about Harris. He used to be a very good RT. We could use one.
kansas bob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess if the shoe fits, you better lace it up and wear it!
Come on, 50 times better than Moreno??? Yes had Moreno been able to avoid injury, McFadden would probably been a better runner than Moreno, we will never know for sure but 50 times better???
I get so tired or people putting down players because they get injured and then acting like they are such experts on what their future would had been. Moreno and Ayers gets a lot of hate thrown at them on these forums anyway because of who the coach was when they got drafted!
You really need to come down a bit on you stupid exaggerations.
Akrna, I heard Carter had a knee scope and will be out a couple more weeks and as for Harris, I can't say for sure.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying Knowshon Moreno is just as good as DMAC is beyond ridiculous... One guy has shown he can be a dynamic difference maker that's top 5 at his position when healthy. While the other hasn't shown anything besides a knack for getting injured. Knowshon runs like an o-linemen compared to McFadden.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dbronx

Who said that Knowshon was just as good as DF? I am merely pointing out actual production, and am in no way comparing their abilities.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansas bob wrote:
Come on, 50 times better than Moreno??? Yes had Moreno been able to avoid injury, McFadden would probably been a better runner than Moreno, we will never know for sure but 50 times better???
I get so tired or people putting down players because they get injured and then acting like they are such experts on what their future would had been. Moreno and Ayers gets a lot of hate thrown at them on these forums anyway because of who the coach was when they got drafted!
Akrna, I heard Carter had a knee scope and will be out a couple more weeks and as for Harris, I can't say for sure.

Have you heard of hyperbole? No one in the NFL is fifty times better than anyone at their respective positions in terms of anything, but McFadden is a markedly better player than Moreno.

And the rest of your post is laughable. If you think I'm dogging Moreno because he was drafted by McDaniels then you have no idea what you're talking about. I was one of the biggest Josh McDaniels supporters, I ate a lot of crow for that. I was dead wrong and I admit it. I loved Moreno when we drafted him and supported him this whole time. I still like Ayers a lot and think he's a useful player on this team.

I don't know what Moreno's future would have been, but I know what his present and past were...I can make judgements based off that can I not?

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
In that this is the "injuries thread" (not the km VS D-Mac thread) can anyone tell me the status of Harris and Carter? Carter I understand won't be available until the regular season, but I'm curious about Harris. He used to be a very good RT. We could use one.

Carter will be out another week then be back. It was a two-week thing I believe.

The Ryan Harris hype train needs to die though. The guy was behind Chris Clark on the first depth chart. Harris isn't going to make this team. He isn't a viable option anymore.

Thanks, Tzimisce
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
kansas bob wrote:

Have you heard of hyperbole? No one in the NFL is fifty times better than anyone at their respective positions in terms of anything, but McFadden is a markedly better player than Moreno.

And the rest of your post is laughable. If you think I'm dogging Moreno because he was drafted by McDaniels then you have no idea what you're talking about. I was one of the biggest Josh McDaniels supporters, I ate a lot of crow for that. I was dead wrong and I admit it. I loved Moreno when we drafted him and supported him this whole time. I still like Ayers a lot and think he's a useful player on this team.

I don't know what Moreno's future would have been, but I know what his present and past were...I can make judgements based off that can I not?

Hey Bronco67, I am just having some fun out of you. Your exaggerations are funny to me. I am sorry but I just can't help myself sometimes. It is all in fun and being preseason for the NFL and off season for the NBA I get a little bored and like to tease people! lol Accept my apology.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Carter will be out another week then be back. It was a two-week thing I believe.

The Ryan Harris hype train needs to die though. The guy was behind Chris Clark on the first depth chart. Harris isn't going to make this team. He isn't a viable option anymore.

See there you go baggin' on Harris because he is injury. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!
Awe....... just kidding! lol Sorry!
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By accident, I just bumped my head on the corner of the freezer door, very hard...very hard...and now I am self diagnosing myself with a head contusion.
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

I still wont eat crow McDaniels is going to be a good HC.
But Moreno gets some over critiqued. I'm not going to argue he was worth his 10th overall because he wasn't(actually I hated the pick when it happened). But he wasn't bad as some advertise him here. Before injury he was pretty decent then tore the ACL. He is a decent role back imo(I havent seen him post injury.(I have the worst wifi right now and cant watch any games Sad)) but he was a good blocker and has good hands. I think he had some iffy vision and running. But I still think he'd still have a role here. I dislike McFadden also but he's better still a terrible pick(I thought it was bad at the time.)
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

OL needs to stay consistent. its a shame he cant get/stay healthy.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
I still wont eat crow McDaniels is going to be a good HC.

Ban plz.

Wink
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

There was absolutely zero hype there 67. Just a question. I think a bunch of us want to know if he can still play.
roar2014

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: BAD NEWS Reply with quote

Chris Kuper Broke his forearm and will miss 6 weeks.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21309491/ty-warren-misses-another-broncos-practice

What do you guys think will happen with the OL now that Kuper is surely missing up to 3 games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: