Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injuries thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.

^Moreno apologist

^Ignorant

^^ Can't we all just get along?

But seriously. Moreno is just a terrible, terrible football player. There is nothing there worth keeping. If he wasn't the #12 overall pick he'd be gone awhile ago. If he was taken in the 5th round, he'd have been cut last year. At this point Denver is trying to save some face value on the wasted pick.

I disagree.

I dont look at players now and where they were picked, especially after 3 years. You're either a player or your not. I think Moreno is better than Ball. Ball to me is a poor-mans McGahee. Hes a good player but if I was coaching this team I wouldnt play him before Hillman/Knowshon. In terms of all around abilities, Id take Hillman on my team first but if were talking 3rd down capabilities (and I am) Moreno wins this every time.

So you know better than John Fox a man known for his running games?

Moreno sucks. He's slow, has no vision and can't stay healthy. Moreno has done nothing to validate your argument.

Hillman hasn't even carried the ball in an NFL game and you say he's a better runner than ball? Kinda tells me all I need to know.

Does it tell you that I dont think very highly of Lance Ball? Because thats exactly what Im saying. Lance Ball is not better than Knowshon Moreno. Happy?

And yes, Im entitled to my opinion.

You think our entire OL is a joke and none of them are starters in this league. Does that make you smarter than John Fox and his coaching abilities? No it doesnt. It means you have an opinion. Quit being a moog.

Ah.... but you forget. They don't have Olinemen on the roster who are better, so they are stuck w/ the likes of Beadles and Walton unless someone steps up.

They have RBs and have choosen (said) Ball is in fact better for their offense than Moreno.

Its agree to disagree now man.

I think Ball is a poor mans McGahee and Moreno/Hillman are better complementary backs to McGahee then Ball. You think Ball is better than the other two. Difference of opinions yet both are neither right nor wrong.

A poor man's McGahee is better than Moreno IMO. Your analogy is off. Moreno is a rich man's Maurice Clarrett. Terrible back w/ no future in the NFL who a team spent a first round pick on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.

^Moreno apologist

^Ignorant

^^ Can't we all just get along?

But seriously. Moreno is just a terrible, terrible football player. There is nothing there worth keeping. If he wasn't the #12 overall pick he'd be gone awhile ago. If he was taken in the 5th round, he'd have been cut last year. At this point Denver is trying to save some face value on the wasted pick.

I disagree.

I dont look at players now and where they were picked, especially after 3 years. You're either a player or your not. I think Moreno is better than Ball. Ball to me is a poor-mans McGahee. Hes a good player but if I was coaching this team I wouldnt play him before Hillman/Knowshon. In terms of all around abilities, Id take Hillman on my team first but if were talking 3rd down capabilities (and I am) Moreno wins this every time.

So you know better than John Fox a man known for his running games?

Moreno sucks. He's slow, has no vision and can't stay healthy. Moreno has done nothing to validate your argument.

Hillman hasn't even carried the ball in an NFL game and you say he's a better runner than ball? Kinda tells me all I need to know.

Does it tell you that I dont think very highly of Lance Ball? Because thats exactly what Im saying. Lance Ball is not better than Knowshon Moreno. Happy?

And yes, Im entitled to my opinion.

You think our entire OL is a joke and none of them are starters in this league. Does that make you smarter than John Fox and his coaching abilities? No it doesnt. It means you have an opinion. Quit being a moog.

Ah.... but you forget. They don't have Olinemen on the roster who are better, so they are stuck w/ the likes of Beadles and Walton unless someone steps up.

They have RBs and have choosen (said) Ball is in fact better for their offense than Moreno.

Its agree to disagree now man.

I think Ball is a poor mans McGahee and Moreno/Hillman are better complementary backs to McGahee then Ball. You think Ball is better than the other two. Difference of opinions yet both are neither right nor wrong.

A poor man's McGahee is better than Moreno IMO. Your analogy is off. Moreno is a rich man's Maurice Clarrett. Terrible back w/ no future in the NFL who a team spent a first round pick on.

So all the "experts" had him as the top-RB that year but theyre wrong and BP is right? I forgot, I hate when you argue, youre so ignorant.

Knowshon was one of the best RB's in the country in college. Was 1st team ALL-SEC at RB (twice), finished 2nd in Doak Walker, scored over 30+ TD's in 2 seasons. Dont act like he was some kind of scrub. He was the best RB in the 2009 draft, which happened to be the year we needed a RB most. Maurice Clarrett is a terrible analogy and shows you have little knowledge of the topic and of evaluating players.

The kids run into some bad luck. Held out in training camp too long his rookie year (which was stupid), then got hurt the last 2 seasons (which is just bad luck). Hes still a good player and a better player than Ball.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

So all the "experts" had him as the top-RB that year but theyre wrong and BP is right? I forgot, I hate when you argue, youre so ignorant.

Whoa . . . no need to get all worked up because over your man crush. I thought, like most people, Moreno was going to be a great back. Really liked him at Georgia. But his game didn't translate. Everybody was wrong on him. It happens. No need to take personal shots.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Knowshon was one of the best RB's in the country in college. Was 1st team ALL-SEC at RB (twice), finished 2nd in Doak Walker, scored over 30+ TD's in 2 seasons. Dont act like he was some kind of scrub. He was the best RB in the 2009 draft, which happened to be the year we needed a RB most. Maurice Clarrett is a terrible analogy and shows you have little knowledge of the topic and of evaluating players.

His college stats are meaningless in the NFL. Just like Ron Dayne and countless others. Moreno was a great college player who didn't have the speed or vision for the NFL. Injuries only further derailed him.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
The kids run into some bad luck. Held out in training camp too long his rookie year (which was stupid), then got hurt the last 2 seasons (which is just bad luck). Hes still a good player and a better player than Ball.

He's not a good player. When healthy, he's done NOTHING of note. Just a role player on his best days. Slow w/ no vision. Never a good combination in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, funny thing is I'd much rather have Ron Dayne than Knowshon.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Shoot, funny thing is I'd much rather have Ron Dayne than Knowshon.
Yup as would I. Knowshown could have been a good back, he was a great back in college but none of that matters when he hasn't produced in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report today that Jeremiah Johnson was the best back. If Johnson gets cut, I'm gonna be disappointed. I think he has a real shot to be good in this league.

Thanks, Tzimisce
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Report today that Jeremiah Johnson was the best back. If Johnson gets cut, I'm gonna be disappointed. I think he has a real shot to be good in this league.

I was really hoping Denver would give Johnson more of a shot last season. I stated numerous times that he was Denver's most talented back last season (don't take that as me saying he was the best back either).

I think Knowshon Moreno is done in Denver.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

I love JJ (Oregon homer). I think he can find a place in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Are you guys talking about this guy making the team as a RB?

[/url]
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have to think Moreno and JJ are fighting for one spot. Can't carry 5 RB's surely ...

MUFC OK
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Me too. Preferably torching the Raiders for the next ten years. Surprised

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
rhuston

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP

I think your right, Moreno has been a bust to this point. His numbers are scary similiar to Darren McFadden over the first three years of their careers. Considering where DM was picked, wouldn't you consider him an even bigger bust at this point in his careers, than Moreno? Just wondering if you are applying the same criteria to McFader that you are applying to Moreno.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
BP

I think your right, Moreno has been a bust to this point. His numbers are scary similiar to Darren McFadden over the first three years of their careers. Considering where DM was picked, wouldn't you consider him an even bigger bust at this point in his careers, than Moreno? Just wondering if you are applying the same criteria to McFader that you are applying to Moreno.

Now come on rhuston, thats just not true. In Moreno's 3rd year in the league he'd been relegated to spot duty. In 8 games he amassed 280 yards from scrimmage. No vision, no burst, just a journeyman back.

McFaddens 3rd year he really tore it up. High ypc and almost 1700 yfs in 13 games. He was on a similar pace with similar production before his injury in 2011. Great burst and vision and a real home run threat.

I doubt that one Bronco's fan wouldn't be elated if we were able to swap Moreno for McFadden.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
BP

Well considering McFadden has at least shown he is a top 3-5 running back in the league when healthy, there is no comparison.

And yes, until McFadden has a healthy season, he is an underwhelming pick. Not arguing that.

But comparing McFadden and Moreno is nonsense. Both have had injuries, but one actually displays the skills of a 1st round selection at RB.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA

I did not say in his third year. I said over their first three years! McFadden had 2,000 while Moreno had 1,900 yards. Moreno had more touchdowns and While Mcfadden had a better yards per carry. That seems pretty similiar to me. McFadden Had one good year out of four. Moreno also had a year in which he produced over 1,200 yard of total offense.

BP

You can say all you want about looking the part, but DF's stats are what they are, pretty average at best. I would say the only thing he has on Moreno is speed. He runs to upright, is hurt all the time, and at times dances in the backfield always looking for the homerun. I know Moreno has the label as a fumbler, but DF actually had five more fumbles than Moreno did in years 1-3.

I find it odd you spend so much time finding fault in Moreno's game yet say your guy is a top 3 RB at this point in his career.

I am not saying Moreno is great by any means but when you live in a glass house.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: