Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injuries thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8278
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Not a chance dude.
Even as underwhelming as Moreno has been, he is double the player Lance Ball is. It has been just 10 days of camp. Moreno is coming back from a knee injury. By the end of August, Ball is battling Johnson.


Moreno isn't double the player Quentin Griffin is. Guy has terrible vision and makes a lot of negative runs. He's injury prone and offers nothing on Special Teams.

I seriously don't know why we even bother with Moreno. We may as well bring Tatum Bell back into the league because at least he had talent. Moreno is just a scrub, one of the most pathetic draft picks ever.

Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.


^Moreno apologist
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8278
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.


^Moreno apologist


^Ignorant
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoBruin


Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 11490
Location: Santa Clarita, CA, USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take the potential of Jeremiah Johnson over Ball or Moreno.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22490
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.


^Moreno apologist


^Ignorant


^^ Can't we all just get along?

But seriously. Moreno is just a terrible, terrible football player. There is nothing there worth keeping. If he wasn't the #12 overall pick he'd be gone awhile ago. If he was taken in the 5th round, he'd have been cut last year. At this point Denver is trying to save some face value on the wasted pick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1769
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Not a chance dude.
Even as underwhelming as Moreno has been, he is double the player Lance Ball is. It has been just 10 days of camp. Moreno is coming back from a knee injury. By the end of August, Ball is battling Johnson.


Moreno isn't double the player Quentin Griffin is. Guy has terrible vision and makes a lot of negative runs. He's injury prone and offers nothing on Special Teams.

I seriously don't know why we even bother with Moreno. We may as well bring Tatum Bell back into the league because at least he had talent. Moreno is just a scrub, one of the most pathetic draft picks ever.

As usual, the most extreme pessimistic point of view. Moreno can block some. Moreno can catch the ball out of the back field. Moreno was actually starting to look pretty good out there before he got hurt. If Moreno is healthy, I have no doubt he can be a productive back for the Broncos. People hate him because he will never live up to his draft spot. But he can do a lot of things to help this team.
There is no doubt in my mind Moreno is our third back.


Last edited by mke1010 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
As usual, the most extreme pessimistic point of view. Moreno can block some. Moreno can catch the ball out of the back field. Moreno was actually starting to look pretty good out there before he got hurt. If Moreno is healthy, I have no doubt he can be a productive back for the Broncos. people hate him because he will never live up to his draft spot. but he can do a lot of things to help this team.
There is no doubt in my mind Moreno is our third back.


A billion Running Backs can block. That's not enough.

The ability to catch the ball has little value if your first move is to hesitate or to make a bad cut. Moreno hasn't been a consistant player as a pass catcher and the only reason people would praise him for that ability or for looking "pretty good out there before he got hurt" was because of one freaking play against San Diego. Otherwise he was terribad last year and was a huge negative for the team.

My dislike for Moreno has nothing to do with him being a draft bust at this point, it's that he sucks. Last year he got in shape(which shows just how bad he was in previous years) losing weight and was quicker, and he was still horrible because the guy makes bad decisions carrying the ball. Period. There's no reason to have confidence in him unless you're just a straight-up apologist. He had his chance last year and he brought down the entire offense, which performed so much better when we made McGahee the starter and Lance Ball the backup. I don't know why anyone wants to hype him up now. Maybe he'll make the team, maybe he won't, but he's far from a lock and personally I'm rooting against him because he's the least reliable player of all the backs.

This isn't "extreme", it's realistic. "Extreme" is claiming a guy looks good because of one play where he was unaccounted for against San Diego.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8278
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.


^Moreno apologist


^Ignorant


^^ Can't we all just get along?

But seriously. Moreno is just a terrible, terrible football player. There is nothing there worth keeping. If he wasn't the #12 overall pick he'd be gone awhile ago. If he was taken in the 5th round, he'd have been cut last year. At this point Denver is trying to save some face value on the wasted pick.

I disagree.

I dont look at players now and where they were picked, especially after 3 years. You're either a player or your not. I think Moreno is better than Ball. Ball to me is a poor-mans McGahee. Hes a good player but if I was coaching this team I wouldnt play him before Hillman/Knowshon. In terms of all around abilities, Id take Hillman on my team first but if were talking 3rd down capabilities (and I am) Moreno wins this every time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22490
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.


^Moreno apologist


^Ignorant


^^ Can't we all just get along?

But seriously. Moreno is just a terrible, terrible football player. There is nothing there worth keeping. If he wasn't the #12 overall pick he'd be gone awhile ago. If he was taken in the 5th round, he'd have been cut last year. At this point Denver is trying to save some face value on the wasted pick.

I disagree.

I dont look at players now and where they were picked, especially after 3 years. You're either a player or your not. I think Moreno is better than Ball. Ball to me is a poor-mans McGahee. Hes a good player but if I was coaching this team I wouldnt play him before Hillman/Knowshon. In terms of all around abilities, Id take Hillman on my team first but if were talking 3rd down capabilities (and I am) Moreno wins this every time.


So you know better than John Fox a man known for his running games?

Moreno sucks. He's slow, has no vision and can't stay healthy. Moreno has done nothing to validate your argument.

Hillman hasn't even carried the ball in an NFL game and you say he's a better runner than ball? Kinda tells me all I need to know.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8278
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.


^Moreno apologist


^Ignorant


^^ Can't we all just get along?

But seriously. Moreno is just a terrible, terrible football player. There is nothing there worth keeping. If he wasn't the #12 overall pick he'd be gone awhile ago. If he was taken in the 5th round, he'd have been cut last year. At this point Denver is trying to save some face value on the wasted pick.

I disagree.

I dont look at players now and where they were picked, especially after 3 years. You're either a player or your not. I think Moreno is better than Ball. Ball to me is a poor-mans McGahee. Hes a good player but if I was coaching this team I wouldnt play him before Hillman/Knowshon. In terms of all around abilities, Id take Hillman on my team first but if were talking 3rd down capabilities (and I am) Moreno wins this every time.


So you know better than John Fox a man known for his running games?

Moreno sucks. He's slow, has no vision and can't stay healthy. Moreno has done nothing to validate your argument.

Hillman hasn't even carried the ball in an NFL game and you say he's a better runner than ball? Kinda tells me all I need to know.

Does it tell you that I dont think very highly of Lance Ball? Because thats exactly what Im saying. Lance Ball is not better than Knowshon Moreno. Happy?

And yes, Im entitled to my opinion.

You think our entire OL is a joke and none of them are starters in this league. Does that make you smarter than John Fox and his coaching abilities? No it doesnt. It means you have an opinion. Quit being a moog.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 21971
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Suffice to say Ball and Johnson are battling for the last RB spot behind McGahee, Hillman and Moreno.


I know people aren't huge on him, but Lance Ball is not in danger of being cut right now. Moreno is battling Johnson, IMO


Not a chance dude.
Even as underwhelming as Moreno has been, he is double the player Lance Ball is. It has been just 10 days of camp. Moreno is coming back from a knee injury. By the end of August, Ball is battling Johnson.


I liked Knowshon a ton when we picked him, and maybe I'm a little biased cause Ball is a Terp, but Ball is better right now. Knowshon's only true value to this team at the moment lies in his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. Ball is a better blocker than Moreno, he can also catch the ball, and he can actually run inside the tackles, something Moreno can't. Oh and he's considerably tougher.

I know people don't like Ball because he isn't flashy, but he's a do-everything type that will make this team. Moreno will not make this team just because he was once a first rounder. That matters little to this coaching staff, who clearly doesn't believe in him much.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1769
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos rookie report: Hamstring injury hinders rise of Ronnie Hillman.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21247715/broncos-rookie-report
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8278
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Suffice to say Ball and Johnson are battling for the last RB spot behind McGahee, Hillman and Moreno.


I know people aren't huge on him, but Lance Ball is not in danger of being cut right now. Moreno is battling Johnson, IMO


Not a chance dude.
Even as underwhelming as Moreno has been, he is double the player Lance Ball is. It has been just 10 days of camp. Moreno is coming back from a knee injury. By the end of August, Ball is battling Johnson.


I liked Knowshon a ton when we picked him, and maybe I'm a little biased cause Ball is a Terp, but Ball is better right now. Knowshon's only true value to this team at the moment lies in his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. Ball is a better blocker than Moreno, he can also catch the ball, and he can actually run inside the tackles, something Moreno can't. Oh and he's considerably tougher.

I know people don't like Ball because he isn't flashy, but he's a do-everything type that will make this team. Moreno will not make this team just because he was once a first rounder. That matters little to this coaching staff, who clearly doesn't believe in him much.

And that goes for everyone not just Moreno. Ayers should be in the mix, as well as, everyone draft pick before 2009.

My belief is that after your 3rd year you get thrown into the group of veterans that are fighting for positions. I feel that rookies should be given 3 full seasons to set their value on the team. If they dont prove anything cut them. My feelings are that Knowshon can be a very good 3rd down back. He was playing some very good football before getting hurt last year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22490
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.


^Moreno apologist


^Ignorant


^^ Can't we all just get along?

But seriously. Moreno is just a terrible, terrible football player. There is nothing there worth keeping. If he wasn't the #12 overall pick he'd be gone awhile ago. If he was taken in the 5th round, he'd have been cut last year. At this point Denver is trying to save some face value on the wasted pick.

I disagree.

I dont look at players now and where they were picked, especially after 3 years. You're either a player or your not. I think Moreno is better than Ball. Ball to me is a poor-mans McGahee. Hes a good player but if I was coaching this team I wouldnt play him before Hillman/Knowshon. In terms of all around abilities, Id take Hillman on my team first but if were talking 3rd down capabilities (and I am) Moreno wins this every time.


So you know better than John Fox a man known for his running games?

Moreno sucks. He's slow, has no vision and can't stay healthy. Moreno has done nothing to validate your argument.

Hillman hasn't even carried the ball in an NFL game and you say he's a better runner than ball? Kinda tells me all I need to know.

Does it tell you that I dont think very highly of Lance Ball? Because thats exactly what Im saying. Lance Ball is not better than Knowshon Moreno. Happy?

And yes, Im entitled to my opinion.

You think our entire OL is a joke and none of them are starters in this league. Does that make you smarter than John Fox and his coaching abilities? No it doesnt. It means you have an opinion. Quit being a moog.


Ah.... but you forget. They don't have Olinemen on the roster who are better, so they are stuck w/ the likes of Beadles and Walton unless someone steps up.

They have RBs and have choosen (said) Ball is in fact better for their offense than Moreno.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8278
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Over-reaction of the year here. Congrats.


^Moreno apologist


^Ignorant


^^ Can't we all just get along?

But seriously. Moreno is just a terrible, terrible football player. There is nothing there worth keeping. If he wasn't the #12 overall pick he'd be gone awhile ago. If he was taken in the 5th round, he'd have been cut last year. At this point Denver is trying to save some face value on the wasted pick.

I disagree.

I dont look at players now and where they were picked, especially after 3 years. You're either a player or your not. I think Moreno is better than Ball. Ball to me is a poor-mans McGahee. Hes a good player but if I was coaching this team I wouldnt play him before Hillman/Knowshon. In terms of all around abilities, Id take Hillman on my team first but if were talking 3rd down capabilities (and I am) Moreno wins this every time.


So you know better than John Fox a man known for his running games?

Moreno sucks. He's slow, has no vision and can't stay healthy. Moreno has done nothing to validate your argument.

Hillman hasn't even carried the ball in an NFL game and you say he's a better runner than ball? Kinda tells me all I need to know.

Does it tell you that I dont think very highly of Lance Ball? Because thats exactly what Im saying. Lance Ball is not better than Knowshon Moreno. Happy?

And yes, Im entitled to my opinion.

You think our entire OL is a joke and none of them are starters in this league. Does that make you smarter than John Fox and his coaching abilities? No it doesnt. It means you have an opinion. Quit being a moog.


Ah.... but you forget. They don't have Olinemen on the roster who are better, so they are stuck w/ the likes of Beadles and Walton unless someone steps up.

They have RBs and have choosen (said) Ball is in fact better for their offense than Moreno.

Its agree to disagree now man.

I think Ball is a poor mans McGahee and Moreno/Hillman are better complementary backs to McGahee then Ball. You think Ball is better than the other two. Difference of opinions yet both are neither right nor wrong.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group