Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injuries thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffice to say Ball and Johnson are battling for the last RB spot behind McGahee, Hillman and Moreno.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Suffice to say Ball and Johnson are battling for the last RB spot behind McGahee, Hillman and Moreno.

I know people aren't huge on him, but Lance Ball is not in danger of being cut right now. Moreno is battling Johnson, IMO

Thanks, Tzimisce
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I know people aren't huge on him, but Lance Ball is not in danger of being cut right now. Moreno is battling Johnson, IMO
Even with him recovering from injury, Moreno is the best 3rd down back we have. He's a good blocker and receiver whether people here want to believe it or not.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Even with him recovering from injury, Moreno is the best 3rd down back we have. He's a good blocker and receiver whether people here want to believe it or not.

Hillman is a better 3rd down back imo
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

No offense paul, but Hillman hasnt played a down in the NFL nor shown those types of skills in college. How can you say that?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I didnt watch much of Hillman but wasn't he noted as needing to get a lot better at pass protection.
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I dont think Moreno will be cut. I can honestly see a team throwing a 6th or 7th for him if he looks better from his injury.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Hasn't taken a snap in the NFL and struggled in pass pro in college.

Let me guess, he's a scat back type who can pass catch and that is what you think is important in a 3rd down back?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I didnt watch much of Hillman but wasn't he noted as needing to get a lot better at pass protection.
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I dont think Moreno will be cut. I can honestly see a team throwing a 6th or 7th for him if he looks better from his injury.

Nobody is giving up a pick for a player (Moreno) who likely won't make the team. Has had some questionable behavior, injury history and to top it off is slower than slow. Guys is terrible. He'll be cut and looking for work or buried on the depth chart in Denver.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Donut wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Nobody is giving up a pick for a player (Moreno) who likely won't make the team. Has had some questionable behavior, injury history and to top it off is slower than slow. Guys is terrible. He'll be cut and looking for work or buried on the depth chart in Denver.
The injury to Fannin may have given Moreno the glimmer of hope he needed to make the roster. I think Moreno sucks based on draft status, but he wouldn't be a bad 3rd option. He already got his money, the last year of the contract is cheap.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

I agree that hes got those skills, but Ball is a better blocker and hes not an awful receiver. Hes also less injury prone and can run between the tackles.

Thanks, Tzimisce
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Not a chance dude.
Even as underwhelming as Moreno has been, he is double the player Lance Ball is. It has been just 10 days of camp. Moreno is coming back from a knee injury. By the end of August, Ball is battling Johnson.
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing we can honestly say about Ball, he doesn't run fast enough to catch an injury! lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

No offense paul, but Hillman hasnt played a down in the NFL nor shown those types of skills in college. How can you say that?

Hillman is like our Darren Sproles, he's WAY faster than Moreno on the field.
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Bronco safety Jim Leonhard is still rehabilitating his surgically repaired knee and was placed on the teamís active physically unable to perform (PUP) list Sunday.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/08/05/broncos-safety-leonhard-pup/14684/
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Not a chance dude.
Even as underwhelming as Moreno has been, he is double the player Lance Ball is. It has been just 10 days of camp. Moreno is coming back from a knee injury. By the end of August, Ball is battling Johnson.

Moreno isn't double the player Quentin Griffin is. Guy has terrible vision and makes a lot of negative runs. He's injury prone and offers nothing on Special Teams.

I seriously don't know why we even bother with Moreno. We may as well bring Tatum Bell back into the league because at least he had talent. Moreno is just a scrub, one of the most pathetic draft picks ever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: