Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade for Knowshon Moreno?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Trade for Knowshon Moreno?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

gdobber47

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Trade for Knowshon Moreno? Reply with quote

Considering our current depth at the RB position should we trade a future 6th OR 7th round pick for him? Considering he's back from his previous injury now, he would be immediate depth to our to our active roster RB's and is serviceable. What do you think? Plus he has chemistry with Stafford..just saying.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's coming off ACL surgery and not participating in the Broncos' drills yet, so we'd be adding yet another running back with durability problems. In addition, I don't know if he'd be able to play special teams, which is something you need to do to stick on the roster if you're a RB buried on the depth chart.

That said, if all it costs is a 6th/7th round pick, okay. He's an upgrade over Joique Bell and Keiland Williams, and his salary is only $855,000 for this year. If they want to go ahead and kick his tires, sure. He's probably never going to be a marquee player, but if he can play like he did as a rookie he'll be a very good change of pace back.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't he get into off field trouble recently? I might be remembering wrong, but I think I remember him getting arrested so far in his career. If that's true, I doubt we bring him in, but if not then I'd be open to it.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
YlionsY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh for a 6th or 7th sure.

Durability issues and got arrested back in February for...you guessed it: DUI

I wouldn't be too heartbroken if we didn't make a move for him.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way the Broncos let him go is if they don't see him as a guy who can be successful. Willis McGahee is on the back end of his career and they really need Moreno to come back from injury and be successful. I think they will be counting on him to step it up and it's too soon for them to move him... especially for what they would be getting in return. But, even if they did I wouldn't want the Lions to do that. They don't need to gamble on another RB coming off an injury. They already have three RB's with huge questions on the roster.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reunite Stafford & Knowshon. I like (for cheap)
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
The only way the Broncos let him go is if they don't see him as a guy who can be successful. Willis McGahee is on the back end of his career and they really need Moreno to come back from injury and be successful. I think they will be counting on him to step it up and it's too soon for them to move him... especially for what they would be getting in return. But, even if they did I wouldn't want the Lions to do that. They don't need to gamble on another RB coming off an injury. They already have three RB's with huge questions on the roster.

I read that he's buried behind Willis McGahee, Ronnie Hillman, Lance Ball, and even Mario Fannin on Fox's depth chart. He passed his training camp physical, but he's still wearing a knee brace and being held out of drills. Despite being a fairly recent 1st round pick, he's on the roster bubble.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if we get enough injury prone running backs, it'll be like having one healthy running back for the whole year! Each one can play a couple weeks then end up on IR.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll wait and see if he gets cut before making a move. Seems like a realistic possibility the Broncos just get rid of him.

That being said not sure how much he'd really help us.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

I read that he's buried behind Willis McGahee, Ronnie Hillman, Lance Ball, and even Mario Fannin on Fox's depth chart. He passed his training camp physical, but he's still wearing a knee brace and being held out of drills. Despite being a fairly recent 1st round pick, he's on the roster bubble.
I didn't know Fannin found his way onto an NFL roster. I wanted us to take a chance on him as an UDFA so bad. He's talented but a headache, similar to Moreno.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have tried trading Johnny culbreath to them for him or something like we did for Alphonso.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
spurlock84

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see us trading for a RB, at all! Kevin Smith has came to camp in top notch shape and he played well for us last season. Mikel Leshoure is back and IMO is gunna be a monster, he will be our workhorse when he gets back week 3. Jahvid will be back and used as a Darren Sproles player he will excel in this role. With those guys on the roster there is not room for 5 RB's especially if we are going to carry FB James Bryant. With the offense we run and #9 and #81 on the field we arent going to hand the ball off to a RB 30 times a game its a waste.

The only position we should be looking to trade for maybe is a CB or a SS!!!!!!

Also if Moreno is that low on the depth chart, and he is hurt why trade for him and give up a pick, when we can let him get healthy and then just sign him as a free agent if we wanted too?

I think we are done making moves until people get cut, and when people get cut Mayhew will pounce and pick up good young talent.
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
We should have tried trading Johnny culbreath to them for him or something like we did for Alphonso.
elway didnt do the alphonso deal did he? cant see elway being that kind of pushover. i dont want to trade for any rb personally.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
elway didnt do the alphonso deal did he? cant see elway being that kind of pushover. i dont want to trade for any rb personally.

The Alphonso deal was part of Josh McDaniels tenure.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

The Alphonso deal was part of Josh McDaniels tenure.
ya thats what i thought. cant see elway being that dumb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: