Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

.:2014 Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread:.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mez out indefinatley with a torn achillies...If Homer wasn't planning on making a move for a defender, he needs to be looking hard at it now.
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Mez out indefinatley with a torn achillies...If Homer wasn't planning on making a move for a defender, he needs to be looking hard at it now.

Yep, was just about to post this.

Can certainly cancel any Bobby Ryan deals now. Mes will probably be done for the year, I can't see him coming back from this before the end of the season even though they give you a 6-8 month time table.

Put him on LTIR and free up some more cap space. I'd prefer to just roll with what we got and see where we are at come trade deadline then maybe make a move for a vet on a 1 year deal. Lubomir Visnovsky sounds pretty good to me right about now.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
mm6492

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is annoying....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
This is annoying....

Yep.

Lilja had hip surgery and could be out up to 4 months...for those keeping track at home. I'm actually glad it keeps him off the ice.

We also re-signed MAB to a multiple year deal (not sure if that was in here or not).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Wayne Simmonds has agreed to 6 year extension with PHI. Not sure on precise AAV but hearing it's around $4M per year.

Siiiiiiiiick.

^^^ Rammy on the sig
BLick12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy for Simmer, hopefully he can build off of last year.

I'm worried about what this team is going to do in 2 years though when we have to re-sign Giroux, Couturier and Schenn. Hartnell's contract is up after this year as well and I doubt Homer is going to want to shake up the Ginger Line after this epic year they are about to have.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simmonds for 4 million on 6 years, yes please.

I'm Not too worried with Giroux, Couturier and Schenn, a lot of contracts are running out in the next two years, and as long they Got Giroux locked prior to him becoming RFA so one Can drop a bad contract/poison pill. And it seems they All want to be here.

Hartnell comes Down to what kind of money hé wants, and what else is out there.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BatCountry!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:

I'm worried about what this team is going to do in 2 years though when we have to re-sign Giroux, Couturier and Schenn. Hartnell's contract is up after this year as well and I doubt Homer is going to want to shake up the Ginger Line after this epic year they are about to have.

As it stands now after this extension it looks like we're gonna have ~$18M next year (counting Pronger's contract) to re-sign/replace Hartnell, Kimmo, Shelley, and Rusty. As well as re-sign Giroux/Schenn/Couts.

No way Hartnell takes a hometown discount after the two career years he'd have under his belt after playing with G. Honestly, and this is a pipe dream, I'd rather trade Brierre's contract after next year for a D-prospect, promote Couts to 2nd line center, and then re-sign G, Schenn, Couts, and either Hartnell/Read.

Probably not going to happen with Brierre's $6.5M salary, but one can dream.

^^^ McNabbNo5

Sapere aude!
BLick12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BatCountry! wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

As it stands now after this extension we're gonna have ~$18M next year (counting Pronger's cap hit) to re-sign/replace Hartnell, Kimmo, Shelley, and Rusty. As well as re-sign Giroux/Schenn/Couts.

No way Hartnell takes a hometown discount after the two career years he'd have under his belt after playing with G. Honestly, and this is a pipe dream, I'd rather trade Brierre's contract after next year for a D-prospect, promote Couts to 2nd line center, and then re-sign G, Schenn, Couts, and either Hartnell/Read.

I don't think Briere's contract is the reason he wont get traded, there are teams near the floor that would gladly take that on. The fact he has a NMC is what is killer.

I think this contract for Simmons basically means we will let Hartnell walk.

RainbowCarebear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, doubt Briere wants to move with his sons and everything, the only place I can imagine he would consider is Buffalo.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
BatCountry! wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

As it stands now after this extension we're gonna have ~$18M next year (counting Pronger's cap hit) to re-sign/replace Hartnell, Kimmo, Shelley, and Rusty. As well as re-sign Giroux/Schenn/Couts.

I don't think Briere's contract is the reason he wont get traded, there are teams near the floor that would gladly take that on. The fact he has a NMC is what is killer.

Ugh...and the Briere contract comes up again. I'm pretty sure my dislike of briere is well known but geez, can we just bury him under the ice at the center to knock his contract off our books?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
BatCountry! wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Ugh...and the Briere contract comes up again. I'm pretty sure my dislike of briere is well known but geez, can we just bury him under the ice at the center to knock his contract off our books?

If we're sure on Schenn/Couts we should resign them now. Neither of their values will get any lower than they are right now. Giroux is going to demand big money no matter if we sign him this season or next season but the sooner the better in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the current CBA, isn't there something that states you can't resign players with more than 1 year on the remaining contracts? (It might only count for RFA or UFA?)

Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Under the current CBA, isn't there something that states you can't resign players with more than 1 year on the remaining contracts? (It might only count for RFA or UFA?)

Not entierly sure but none of those 3 have more than one year left on their deal anyway so i'm not sure if that would even apply.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Not entierly sure but none of those 3 have more than one year left on their deal anyway so i'm not sure if that would even apply.

I think they're all heading into their 2nd year in 3 year contracts, so if I'm right, Flyers couldn't resign before next season begins or next offseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 2 of 55

Jump to: