Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Newton is Carolina's First Mega Superstar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Newton is Carolina's First Mega Superstar Reply with quote

Quote:
If he's not flying through your television set on ''Cam's Night Out'' hawking Under Armour gear or sucking down Gatorade and ''Winning the Fifth Quarter,'' chances are you've seen the 23-year-old quarterback featured prominently by the NFL in advertisements for its upcoming preseason games. He's featured in the intro to ESPN SportsCenter.

And, if not for Calvin Johnson, he'd be on the cover of Madden NFL 13, too.

In just 15 months Newton has developed into a national celebrity unlike anything the Panthers have seen since they began play in 1995.

Charismatic, built like a Greek god and, above all, incredibly talented, Newton has taken the country by storm since being drafted No. 1 overall last year. As Panthers teammate Jon Beason said, Newton has become ''a mega-superstar.''

http://car.scout.com/2/1206688.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Even in my fantasies, I always pictured the Panthers becoming a successful team with a good defense, a good running game, and a game manager at QB. It still seems odd that we have such a dynamic QB, but I won't complain. I guess if you grew up watching them under John Fox, it's understandable Razz .
DaveDX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That words it perfectly. I now expect to hear about the Panthers from national media. I'm no longer too surprised when I see people in Panthers gear walking around Columbia (SEC country). I'm not surprised when people pick Carolina in Madden. I'm not used to this.

Turns out it was a dude.
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the grocery store to buy a fantasy football magazine and I noticed there were 6 different mags. Three were fantasy mags and three were NFL preseason mags... Cam was on the cover of 5 of them... Rediculous, but true. I think Ray Rice was on the other one, but don't quote me on that... Bottom line is that everyone wants a piece of Cam.
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveDX wrote:
That words it perfectly. I now expect to hear about the Panthers from national media. I'm no longer too surprised when I see people in Panthers gear walking around Columbia (SEC country). I'm not surprised when people pick Carolina in Madden. I'm not used to this.

Thick or thin, even before Cam, I picked em. Now we got him and its on. I cant wait for madden! I'm glad Cam made all the nonbelievers eat crow!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: