Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LT Choice?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Chris Williams or J Webb nation
CHris Williiams
67%
 67%  [ 19 ]
J Webb
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 28

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Webb is lazy Who has ever claimed this? and inconsistent and he needs competition. It is not a shock that he came into camp in the best shape that he has ever been. For someone considering him "lazy" it should be a shock.

This is Webbs job and Williams is simply the fire under his [inappropriate/removed].
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
First of all, I'm STUNNED that there are eight votes for Webb AND people are admitting to voting for him. Last season, that was enough to get you blacklisted on this forum. I'm pretty sure people were blasted in unrelated threads for saying things that could have been vaguely construed as supportive of Webb.

Now, onto the topic. Tice always talks about playing the best five guys. So who makes the best five: Webb/Williams/Garza/Louis/Carimi or Williams/Spencer/Garza/Louis/Carmi?
I'll take the first quintet. I have supported Webb from day one. Probably half the posts around here were from people arguing with me about that.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
First of all, I'm STUNNED that there are eight votes for Webb AND people are admitting to voting for him. Last season, that was enough to get you blacklisted on this forum. I'm pretty sure people were blasted in unrelated threads for saying things that could have been vaguely construed as supportive of Webb.

Now, onto the topic. Tice always talks about playing the best five guys. So who makes the best five: Webb/Williams/Garza/Louis/Carimi or Williams/Spencer/Garza/Louis/Carmi?

Agree 100% and it is BY FAR the latter.
LoL, this is funny stuff. Don't wager your bubblegum allowance on that, sonny boy. Just kidding, but seriously there is almost no way Webb won't be at LT.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
At least in practice No. 1 in pads, J'Marcus Webb can sleep soundly Saturday night.

In seven-on-seven running plays, Webb was physical up front and even getting to the second level, twice putting solid hits on linebacker Nick Roach.

Not a big surprise there because Mike Tice has indicated that both Webb and Chris Williams can show flashes of dominance in run blocking. But where Webb stood out was pass blocking, seeing a whole lot of Julius Peppers. Either Peppers was uninterested in going all out or maybe Webb has taken strides, because the offensive tackle held up well.

As for Williams, he appeared to be beaten twice by rookie Shea McClellin in one-on-one drills.

For one evening, at least, Webb seemed to be the

Thought this would go better in here.

I cannot link it right now on my phone.

From all accounts I saw last year Webb was fine in practice. Doesn't change that HR still stink in games. Until I see him show it several weeks in a row in games I will remain skeptical. Same goes for Williams too.
Webb played very well for at least half the year. When the line was good, he was good. There is not much to worry about there.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Webb is lazy Who has ever claimed this? and inconsistent and he needs competition. It is not a shock that he came into camp in the best shape that he has ever been. For someone considering him "lazy" it should be a shock.

This is Webbs job and Williams is simply the fire under his [inappropriate/removed].

He is lazy with his technique and his hand placement.

If you are in the NFL you know the proper technique so when you do not use it you are being lazy.

That being said Chrissy is back to reps at RT so this competition seems to be over.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

He is lazy with his technique and his hand placement. This is not an example of being "lazy". No one I know of would claim that Webb does not need to improve his technique even his fans like me. But that is what would be expected for a guy with his background and is only made worse by having him play two positions in two years.

If you are in the NFL you know the proper technique so when you do not use it you are being lazy. Huh? And this "knowing" is just automatic? Not a chance. Your thinking here is not good. No one "knows" this just from being in the NFL. Webb is getting proper and excellent coaching for the first time in his life.

That being said Chrissy is back to reps at RT so this competition seems to be over.
I never viewed it as anything but a means to quieten the uproar over Webb.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

He is lazy with his technique and his hand placement. This is not an example of being "lazy". No one I know of would claim that Webb does not need to improve his technique even his fans like me. But that is what would be expected for a guy with his background and is only made worse by having him play two positions in two years.

If you are in the NFL you know the proper technique so when you do not use it you are being lazy. Huh? And this "knowing" is just automatic? Not a chance. Your thinking here is not good. No one "knows" this just from being in the NFL. Webb is getting proper and excellent coaching for the first time in his life.

I never viewed it as anything but a means to quieten the uproar over Webb.

Lazy technique is coach speak for not doing something every rep you take.

But more importantly it appears that not only is this competition over, but now it sounds like Chrissy could get cut if the young guys keep playing well.
raq11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to bet Chris has almost no chance of getting cut. If the young guys are playing well, one of them will have some sort of injury putting them on IR so we can ensure they'll be here to compete in 2013 when CW is gone and they have had a year of coaching and game film.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
I'd be willing to bet Chris has almost no chance of getting cut. If the young guys are playing well, one of them will have some sort of injury putting them on IR so we can ensure they'll be here to compete in 2013 when CW is gone and they have had a year of coaching and game film.

Your right he might not get cut, buy at least we can stop trying to prove that he is not a bust and move on with more talented players.

The problem with IRing a young guy is that they cannot practice.

It really depends on the preseason if Brandon and Brown play well we might have no option but to keep them because they won't take the IR, which cuts your money in half, and they might have to much hype to sneak onto the PR.

This OL intrigue is heating up.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is getting so far out over their skis on these UDFA guys. We haven't seen them play a down in a real game. At worst we know Williams is a competent 4-position backup. At worst. These UDFA could amount to something but they could just as easily be the next Johan Asiata.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Everyone is getting so far out over their skis on these UDFA guys. We haven't seen them play a down in a real game. At worst we know Williams is a competent 4-position backup. At worst. These UDFA could amount to something but they could just as easily be the next Johan Asiata.

It is the possibility that makes them exciting.

The fact that Chris Williams is a bust and a 4 position back up makes him so unexciting and more depressing.

You are right none of this means anything till the 9th.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

Glad somebody else here feels the same way I do. In what universe are the Bears gong to let Cory Brandon or James Brown pass protect against, say, Jared Allen, in a legit game?!

These guys are looking decent against 2nd - 4th team players, some of whom will be bagging groceries this fall, not playing in the NFL. Guess some of you guys learned nothing from four years of "Haine looks good in preseason..."
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
The fact that Chris Williams is a bust and a 4 position back up makes him so unexciting and more depressing.

Players don't have to be exciting. They have to fill a role and win.

You have to be the only person on Earth who expects to be excited about a swing tackle. What do you want him to do, jump through flaming hoops? Balance teacups on his head, maybe?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

You have to be the only person on Earth who expects to be excited about a swing tackle. What do you want him to do, jump through flaming hoops? Balance teacups on his head, maybe?

I am not the only person who gets excited about a 14th overall pick.

I am also not the only person who gets excited about young players developing or competing.

No one is saying that these guys are going to play against Jared Allen but they can be developed into something.

Reuben Brown and Jason Peters were once the exact same as these guys.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I am not the only person who gets excited about a 14th overall pick.

I am also not the only person who gets excited about young players developing or competing.

No one is saying that these guys are going to play against Jared Allen but they can be developed into something.

Reuben Brown and Jason Peters were once the exact same as these guys.

Well, keep holding out hope that these guys will become stars. The rest of us won't be holding our breath.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: