Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
It's not a confidence thing with Braylon, it's that he just isn't that much into football. I remember seeing an interview with him a few years back and they asked him about the distractions in his life. He kinda blew it off and went on and on about his modeling career. To me, that's not the kinda guy you want on your team.

A lot of people said the same thing about BMW before he came here.

Believe it or not, Pete can get the most out of just about any player you put on the roster, and that includes Edwards. Plax is less talented and much older than Edwards, So how is Plax the better option?

There is a big difference, between what BMW was (uncommitted) and what Edwards has been (uninterested). It's two totally different things. You can sometimes turn someone around, who likes what they are doing, but is uncommitted to doing the things necessary to succeed. It is far harder to turn someone around who just isn't that "into", what they are doing for a living and is only in it as a platform to their real interest.
You're just making stuff up imo Laughing

How is this making stuff up? The knock on BMW before he got here, was that he would always get out of shape and wasn't the hardest worker in the world. That is a fact. It was his reputation. As far as Edwards, I sat there and watched the interview he did, where he said, modeling was his first love and he had dreams of going into acting someday. That was a fact. He said it and it was on television.
And I'm not disputing either of those....

I'm saying you stating that you can only motivate one of those two kinds of people is made up. You can motivate both.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
It's not a confidence thing with Braylon, it's that he just isn't that much into football. I remember seeing an interview with him a few years back and they asked him about the distractions in his life. He kinda blew it off and went on and on about his modeling career. To me, that's not the kinda guy you want on your team.

Believe it or not, Pete can get the most out of just about any player you put on the roster, and that includes Edwards. Plax is less talented and much older than Edwards, So how is Plax the better option?

There is a big difference, between what BMW was (uncommitted) and what Edwards has been (uninterested). It's two totally different things. You can sometimes turn someone around, who likes what they are doing, but is uncommitted to doing the things necessary to succeed. It is far harder to turn someone around who just isn't that "into", what they are doing for a living and is only in it as a platform to their real interest.

How is this making stuff up? The knock on BMW before he got here, was that he would always get out of shape and wasn't the hardest worker in the world. That is a fact. It was his reputation. As far as Edwards, I sat there and watched the interview he did, where he said, modeling was his first love and he had dreams of going into acting someday. That was a fact. He said it and it was on television.
And I'm not disputing either of those....

I'm saying you stating that you can only motivate one of those two kinds of people is made up. You can motivate both.

I never said you couldn't. I said it's more difficult to motivate a guy who isn't that interested in football, to begin with and has other outside activities that he is much more interested in.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

Confused how so? I didn't find his philosophy to be as "left field" as you apparently did. It makes sense from a conceptual standpoint, the only problem is that i think braylon is also uncommited. Not with football, but changing his attitude

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be something seriously wrong with Braylon.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:

So, Let me get this correct, You're saying a guy can be 'uncommitted' & 'interested' at the same time, But, A guy can't be 'uninterested' & 'committed' at the same time?, Is that correct?

If so, I'd like to buy a ticket to the circus that is playing in your head Laughing

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
There must be something seriously wrong with Braylon.

maybe Edwards & the Hawks are discussing the contract terms as we speak. Very Happy

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

So, Let me get this correct, You're saying a guy can be 'uncommitted' & 'interested' at the same time, But, A guy can't be 'uninterested' & 'committed' at the same time?, Is that correct?

If so, I'd like to buy a ticket to the circus that is playing in your head Laughing

I know that if I have no interest in doing something and I'd much rather be doing something else, I'm gonna spend my "off time" doing the thing I truly love and I'm not gonna even think about the thing I'm not interested in. I'd do all the mandatory things that went along with it, but I'd skip the voluntary stuff, because I wouldn't care. I'd have more interesting things to do with my time. That's just me, but I can't be the only person that feels this way. Look at Ricky Williams. The guy had all the talent in the world, but he just didn't care about football and it showed. He would have rather done yoga, listened to The Greatful Dead and smoked.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I know that if I have no interest in doing something and I'd much rather be doing something else, I'm gonna spend my "off time" doing the thing I truly love and I'm not gonna even think about the thing I'm not interested in. I'd do all the mandatory things that went along with it, but I'd skip the voluntary stuff, because I wouldn't care. I'd have more interesting things to do with my time. That's just me, but I can't be the only person that feels this way. Look at Ricky Williams. The guy had all the talent in the world, but he just didn't care about football and it showed. He would have rather done yoga, listened to The Greatful Dead and smoked.

Interest & Commitment coincide together, If you're 'Interested' in something you will 'Commit' yourself to it, and if you 'Commit' yourself to something it will hold your 'Interest'.

The only thing that separates Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards, Is Edwards 'Committed' himself to staying in shape in the off-season, That's it. They both had/have character issues in the past/present and Pete could turn Edwards' attitude just like he did Williams.

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks working out B- Easy (Braylon Edwards) Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

Interest & Commitment coincide together, If you're 'Interested' in something you will 'Commit' yourself to it, and if you 'Commit' yourself to something it will hold your 'Interest'.

The only thing that separates Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards, Is Edwards 'Committed' himself to staying in shape in the off-season, That's it. They both had/have character issues in the past/present and Pete could turn Edwards' attitude just like he did Williams.

That's not always true. I am truly interested in sports and love playing them, but the truth is that I'm too lazy to commit myself to getting really good. I committed myself to my job (because I needed to get paid), but I hated it! It made me miserable. If I weren't in need of money, I would have just blown off work. These athletes already have tons of money, so what's the motivation, if they aren't enjoying themselves?
imani

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They coincide, but they aren't the same

You can be very interested in some chick but that don't mean you want a relationship or longterm commitment. You can like a tv show, that doesn't mean your going to catch the airing of every episode. You can play basketball at your local rec, doesn mean your going to take the time to perfect your jumpshot. It goes on and on

Mike clearly enjoys football, but last year clearly showed he wasn't committed to being the best player he can be(even tho the previous season he was) and that's why he's no longer a Seahawk. You don't gamble on a player twice

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
They coincide, but they aren't the same

You can be very interested in some chick but that don't mean you want a relationship or longterm commitment. You can like a tv show, that doesn't mean your going to catch the airing of every episode. You can play basketball at your local rec, doesn mean your going to take the time to perfect your jumpshot. It goes on and on

Mike clearly enjoys football, but last year clearly showed he wasn't committed to being the best player he can be(even tho the previous season he was) and that's why he's no longer a Seahawk. You don't gamble on a player twice

Thank you. That's what I was trying to say. You just said it better. Very Happy
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they don't always coincide, and they don't mean the same thing, I never said that and never meant that either. but, 99% of the time they do coincide and that is what I meant by my post. here an example: I'm interested in Seahawks football and I commit myself to being a fan.

Here's another example: I've lost interest in this conversation about interest & commitment so I'm no longer committing myself to it. Very Happy

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
I know they don't always coincide, and they don't mean the same thing, I never said that and never meant that either. but, 99% of the time they do coincide and that is what I meant by my post. here an example: I'm interested in Seahawks football and I commit myself to being a fan.

Here's another example: I've lost interest in this conversation about interest & commitment so I'm no longer committing myself to it. Very Happy

If that is your example, then I see where the problem lies. You and I have two different ideas of what commitment is. To me, commitment means you dedicate your life to something. For instance, a football player who is commited to the game, should eat, drink and sleep football. For him, it should be a 24 hour a day job. You should be the first one into practice (or one of the first) and the last one to leave and you should either be in the weight room or film room, whenever you are available.
seacards12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really intrigued by Edwards at this point. If he can pull himself together and impress enough to get a contract, I'd be cautiously optimistic about what he could do for our team. If he could manage to get 7-800 yards and 6 TDs, our offense could explode (if and only if our offense can stay healthy). I'm really excited about what he could bring to the team if he is all in.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as he has about 1 year of that production or better....I wouldn't count on it. Id honestly be happy with half that

wwhickok wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: