Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diesel00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know who is being release from the Bucs today. I though the NFL teams had to be down to 72 players today.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel00 wrote:
Does anyone know who is being release from the Bucs today. I though the NFL teams had to be down to 72 players today.

Actually, the teams must be down to 75 players today, but the deadline is 4 PM ET.

I have my own thoughts on who might be released today, but those would just be guesses on my part.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
Diesel00 wrote:

Actually, the teams must be down to 75 players today, but the deadline is 4 PM ET.

I have my own thoughts on who might be released today, but those would just be guesses on my part.

Heard Stroughter and Madu have been cut. Should be interesting the closer to 4. Believe we only need to cut a total of 8 or 9 today

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
Diesel00 wrote:

Yeah I just read that.

Thanks for the update.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's everyone that's been released. No real surprises. Would've liked Gant to get a shot but he may end up on the PS.

Quote:
All of the players waived by the team on Sunday were either rookies or first-year men: RB De’Anthony Curtis, long-snapper Andrew DePaola, wide receivers Greg Ellingson and Ed Gant, tight end Collin Franklin, punter Eric Guthrie, tackle Mike Ingersoll, linebacker Brian Smith, safety Tramain Thomas and cornerback Marquese Wheaton.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tramaine Thomas is sleeper I really like. Unfortunately were set right now at safety but I really hope he lands on the ps. To everyone else I wish goodluck with their dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard deuce letui was released...do we maybe make a move? Better then Larsen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sander Philipse via Twitter

Quote:
Former Rutgers FB Joe Martinek was cut by the Giants. Watch the Bucs put in a waiver claim tomorrow. They wanted to sign him as a UDFA

Sarcasm?
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Former Rutgers FB Joe Martinek was cut by the Giants. Watch the Bucs put in a waiver claim tomorrow. They wanted to sign him as a UDFA

Sarcasm?

Probably just because of the Rutgers connection... if Cody Johnson can't crack the starting line-up over Lorig, I sincerely doubt Martinek could.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:

If its true we should move quickly. He'd be a solid pick up.
Seminolebuc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epicMustache wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Sarcasm?

Probably just because of the Rutgers connection... if Cody Johnson can't crack the starting line-up over Lorig, I sincerely doubt Martinek could.

I like Martinek more than all the other FBs on the roster.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Meredith-Among-Options-at-Right-Guard/cc14e3b6-bc46-4b3b-9fa3-651ba0d9f038

Hopefully this works out. Meredith is having a strong pre-season thus far. I like his aggressiveness and his ability to maul dudes. We'll see how he plays against better competition but his size makes him an ideal option there.

Depending how Joseph recovers we could cut him and wouldn't owe him 0 next year. So lets hope he can re-gain power back in his leg. Because even at 100% he still wasn't as good as hyped up to be; run blocking wise.....
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to Tampa radio 620 today and many fans called in saying Rejus Benn should not make the roster. Like are most people blind bc all of our wrs after vjax and willams have done nothing to solidify this. Underwood you can make a case maybe. But Benn would excel in the slot.

As of today's depth chart benn is still 2nd team behind Williams. I think it'd be foolish to get rid of Benn. I think last year he wasn't fully 100% recovered. Usually takes 8-12 months to fully recover from acl surgery and he tore it December of 2010.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Meredith-Among-Options-at-Right-Guard/cc14e3b6-bc46-4b3b-9fa3-651ba0d9f038

Hopefully this works out. Meredith is having a strong pre-season thus far. I like his aggressiveness and his ability to maul dudes. We'll see how he plays against better competition but his size makes him an ideal option there.

Depending how Joseph recovers we could cut him and wouldn't owe him 0 next year. So lets hope he can re-gain power back in his leg. Because even at 100% he still wasn't as good as hyped up to be; run blocking wise.....

Meredith is definitely an intriguing option. One thing I love about the way Schiano runs things around here... the one who replaces Davin Joseph, will have earned it. No handing out starting positions anymore.

I don't think it'd be wise to cut Davin, though, because even at 85% he's way better than any other option we have to replace him with; unless we draft a guard in the first or second round (normally you can't find a guard of his caliber in the 2nd round, but this is gonna be a really deep class I feel), he'll be the most talented RG option we have.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: