Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
BBando wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Random thought..but I re-watched game 2...Dotson should replace Trueblood when Penn comes back, IMO our o-line would get so much better overnight..

I haven't been able to see him in action but I've only heard good things. Is he really that good?
It is more of Trueblood is that bad.

Well I knew that. So he's only an upgrade because he's not awful?

EXACTLY.

Dotson is not too bad, right now he is playing average BUT this is the first time he is with the starting o-line which means he might have potential to become better.

And also,IMO if Zuttah dont step his game up, we might be taking a center in next years draft in the first 3 rounds if we dont get one from Free Agency

But yes, Trueblood is THAT bad....replacing him with an average player would make our o-line overall better

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
mfw096

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Management must see something we don't because most fans have been saying this for years. I don't understand why we don't look at a guy like Chad Clifton or someone in free agency, but looks like that won't happen soon and I believe he is going to sign with the Pats...
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4299/brandon-mcdonald

Quote:
Bucs signed CB Brandon McDonald.McDonald, a 2007 fifth-round pick of the Browns, has spent the last couple seasons getting lit up as a member of the Lions' secondary. He brings 29 career starts to the table.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4299/brandon-mcdonald

Quote:
Bucs signed CB Brandon McDonald.McDonald, a 2007 fifth-round pick of the Browns, has spent the last couple seasons getting lit up as a member of the Lions' secondary. He brings 29 career starts to the table.

Hmm, interesting. It's late in the game so I'm not sure if he will make the team now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/237568233945833473

Quote:
RB LeGarrette Blount returned to practice after suffering a left groin injury Friday. T Donald Penn and TE Luke Stocker also returned

Very good news. It would be great to have all three healthy for our game against the Pats.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyday my fellow landlubbers,

I was wondering how Lavonte David is doing?

We picked Osweiler and right after that, Tampa selected David. He was one of my favorite prospects for our 4-3. Still not sure whether Elway's justification for the Osweiler pick can console me for having missed out on your new LB.

Thanks for your input and have a good season.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
klopp24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

We picked Osweiler and right after that, Tampa selected David. He was one of my favorite prospects for our 4-3. Still not sure whether Elway's justification for the Osweiler pick can console me for having missed out on your new LB.

Not to Rub anything in on you, or make you feel worse about the pick because Osweiler could end up being a good QB. But David has been all over the field and has been making plays left and right. He is very quick and even picked off a pass on a tipped ball in his first game. David has been a stud so far and is looking to be a BIG contributor this year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing how Myron Lewis has been lights out in practice. But when i watch the games he looks awful....Maybe this guy is what people consider just a "highlight practice player"

Am i not seeing something??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klopp24 wrote:
I keep hearing how Myron Lewis has been lights out in practice. But when i watch the games he looks awful....Maybe this guy is what people consider just a "highlight practice player"

What I am hoping to see out of Lewis.....is gone!!! I would rather keep a rookie that has potential than someone who just never shows improvement.
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klopp24 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Not to Rub anything in on you, or make you feel worse about the pick because Osweiler could end up being a good QB. But David has been all over the field and has been making plays left and right. He is very quick and even picked off a pass on a tipped ball in his first game. David has been a stud so far and is looking to be a BIG contributor this year.

I agree, not only is David going to be very good for our defense, but so is Barron!!!
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klopp24 wrote:

He's got talent but hEs not a cb. I wish he got to try out at fs but we really missed on him. I wanted Alteran Vernet cb i
Ucla in 2010 but that didn't happen.
klopp24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:
klopp24 wrote:

What I am hoping to see out of Lewis.....is gone!!! I would rather keep a rookie that has potential than someone who just never shows improvement.

I agree with you there, I'd rather keep Leonard Johnson i think then Lewis. I have lost hope on lewis as well!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7539/lavonte-david

Quote:
The Buccaneers have inserted rookie WLB Lavonte David into their nickel package. Already holding a starting job, David will be an every-down linebacker in Greg Schiano's defense. David will square off with Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez, and Greg Olsen in the NFC South, so his coverage skills will be tested.

Great news! This cat has been flying all over the field over the first few games of this season.

Does it though say more about him or how weak or other backers are?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
The Buccaneers have inserted rookie WLB Lavonte David into their nickel package. Already holding a starting job, David will be an every-down linebacker in Greg Schiano's defense. David will square off with Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez, and Greg Olsen in the NFC South, so his coverage skills will be tested.

Great news! This cat has been flying all over the field over the first few games of this season.

I think a little bit of both... but he really has the chance to be a nice cornerstone on this defense.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

This was to be expected. Sometimes though those old school coaches are just always reluctant to give young rooks the every down PT. David was a beast coverage LB in college and hopefully it'll translate this year. He is just a very good damn LB for a 4-3 defense. I expected him to be a good player in any 4-3 team from the jump. David is a playmaker. I just wonder who the other linebacker is going to be. Foster isn't a great cover guy but he does know how to get in position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: