Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13517
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Skyzoo. Just started listening to him yesterday though so I'm not too deep into him. Probably like 20 songs
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47158
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not crazy for thinking that Skyzoo and Mickey Factz sound very similar, am I?
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S. Taylor


Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Posts: 11301
Location: By the Lake
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIEY8 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
justo wrote:
Gonna check out this skyzoo dude. You guys talk about him too much for me not to.


He's aight. Better than your average cat but he's not quite the lyricist a lot of people make him out to be. I like his production most of the time, though. He's worked with Illmind and 9th Wonder (my favorite producer) a lot.


I'm curious...
Who's currently rapping and has better lyricism than Skyzoo?
More specifically, the under age 25 rappers?


Kendrick.


I see through Kendrick.
I love him, but he's not that lyrical.

He's all delivery.
His cadence is always superb.
He has a unique voice.

Lyrically?
I don't see it. Kendrick has never made me stop and think "Wait... I have to rewind that to understand it" or made me Google anything.
That's not to say that I shouldn't be able to comprehend a lyric to claim it to be great.
On the contrary, I think "Ether" was great due to its simplicity.

I just read often and I analyze movies/tv and I guess I like Skyzoo's subtle references to historical events, people, and moments.
I especially love his references to The Wire.

Where Kendrick thrives is his openness and his honesty.
His passion drives him. His passion convinces the listener.
He comes off as very personable and that makes the listener want to support him.

I think Ab-Soul has the sharpest pen in TDE.
Kendrick has the best rapping ability.
ScHoolboy comes off as the most reckless, and therefore, probably the most appealing to the younger generation.
Rock has his gang ties.
That's important in the music industry.



But...
With all that said, it's great that there are so many artists in the hip hop industry. There's a lot to choose from and I'll never knock anyone for liking who they like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
S. Taylor


Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Posts: 11301
Location: By the Lake
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I'm not crazy for thinking that Skyzoo and Mickey Factz sound very similar, am I?


About as much as Wale and Tabi Bonney. Laughing

I think it's a BK thing, but then again...
There's something about their verbal pauses that are similar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
S. Taylor


Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Posts: 11301
Location: By the Lake
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
skyzoo kind of bores me, obviously tons of ability, but i just don't look forward to sitting down and listening to him


ducks


(<3 thrILL)

I don't expect the majority of ppl in here to enjoy his music bcuz they don't share the affinity for the hip hop that influenced Sky. The majority of the popular artist in this thread certainly didn't.


You hit the nail on the head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Darrelle Revis


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 8747
Location: The []_[]niversity of Miami
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still need to give a real listen to Skyzoo.
_________________

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
skyzoo kind of bores me, obviously tons of ability, but i just don't look forward to sitting down and listening to him


ducks


(<3 thrILL)

I don't expect the majority of ppl in here to enjoy his music bcuz they don't share the affinity for the hip hop that influenced Sky. The majority of the popular artist in this thread certainly didn't.


You hit the nail on the head.


That's all well and good, but bear in mind that not liking him does not mean one necessarily doesn't "share the affinity for the hip hop that influenced Sky." You can have great taste in hip hop and simultaneously not be head over heels for Skyzoo.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S. Taylor


Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Posts: 11301
Location: By the Lake
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
skyzoo kind of bores me, obviously tons of ability, but i just don't look forward to sitting down and listening to him


ducks


(<3 thrILL)

I don't expect the majority of ppl in here to enjoy his music bcuz they don't share the affinity for the hip hop that influenced Sky. The majority of the popular artist in this thread certainly didn't.


You hit the nail on the head.


That's all well and good, but bear in mind that not liking him does not mean one necessarily doesn't "share the affinity for the hip hop that influenced Sky." You can have great taste in hip hop and simultaneously not be head over heels for Skyzoo.


I think the key term the hip hop.
It's not to say that you can't love the culture and respect the pioneers or legends, but Skyzoo really does sound like he drew his influences from that boom bap era.
When I listen to Skyzoo, I forget that I'm listening to a 2012 artist. I feel like he could have rapped with the Juice Crew.

It's just a matter of a different brand/subgenre and not so much one being superior to another.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
I think the key term the hip hop.
It's not to say that you can't love the culture and respect the pioneers or legends, but Skyzoo really does sound like he drew his influences from that boom bap era.
When I listen to Skyzoo, I forget that I'm listening to a 2012 artist. I feel like he could have rapped with the Juice Crew.

It's just a matter of a different brand/subgenre and not so much one being superior to another.


I agree with you.

I'm just deading any condescending implications made by the original poster. As you said, it's not a matter of one brand being superior to another. It's funny, though, because I don't see Skyzoo in that light the way you do; he sounds distinctly modern to me, and I feel like I wouldn't pick him out of a crowd during the Golden Age. I respect your take on him, though. I don't dislike him, per se. Definitely a cut above virtually all of the artists getting radio play today.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackerFanDan


Joined: 06 Mar 2008
Posts: 14762
Location: UW-Parkside
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.power1051fm.com/pages/onair/breakfast-club/?uri=channels/449330/1699582

No Gaga on Kendrick THE GOD's album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrILL!


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 22369
Location: Los Angeles CA ROLL TIDE ROLL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
I think the key term the hip hop.
It's not to say that you can't love the culture and respect the pioneers or legends, but Skyzoo really does sound like he drew his influences from that boom bap era.
When I listen to Skyzoo, I forget that I'm listening to a 2012 artist. I feel like he could have rapped with the Juice Crew.

It's just a matter of a different brand/subgenre and not so much one being superior to another.


I agree with you.

I'm just deading any condescending implications made by the original poster. As you said, it's not a matter of one brand being superior to another. It's funny, though, because I don't see Skyzoo in that light the way you do; he sounds distinctly modern to me, and I feel like I wouldn't pick him out of a crowd during the Golden Age. I respect your take on him, though. I don't dislike him, per se. Definitely a cut above virtually all of the artists getting radio play today.

I said the majority of ppl on here, not everyone. S. Taylor is completely on point. Sky has a song on A Dream Deferred called Steel's Apartment. I think the MAJORITY of ppl on here wouldn't appreciate the significance of that at all. It's not intended to be a slight as you clearly are taking it. I relate to his music more than any other young gun. He absolutely is a throwback to the Golden Age and it shows in every song by his content and concepts.

I don't care if you're not a fan. I don't care if ppl disagree with me not being a fan of Kendrick. I think "Cartoons & Cereal" was horrible (and don't come at me about what I've heard from him). S. Taylor nailed it about his style superseding his lyrics. But ppl in here love him and that's cool with me. Like INI, Q-Tip, and Extra P said "To Each His Own." You may not know that reference but I know Sky does. That's why he >>>>
_________________


Amari Cooper for Heisman - 115 rec. 1657 yds, 14 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 37512
Location: mt olympus
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackerFanDan wrote:
http://www.power1051fm.com/pages/onair/breakfast-club/?uri=channels/449330/1699582

No Gaga on Kendrick THE GOD's album.


good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LIEY8


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 3051
Location: Paradise's Elsewhere
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
LIEY8 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
justo wrote:
Gonna check out this skyzoo dude. You guys talk about him too much for me not to.


He's aight. Better than your average cat but he's not quite the lyricist a lot of people make him out to be. I like his production most of the time, though. He's worked with Illmind and 9th Wonder (my favorite producer) a lot.


I'm curious...
Who's currently rapping and has better lyricism than Skyzoo?
More specifically, the under age 25 rappers?


Kendrick.


I see through Kendrick.
I love him, but he's not that lyrical.

He's all delivery.
His cadence is always superb.
He has a unique voice.

Lyrically?
I don't see it. Kendrick has never made me stop and think "Wait... I have to rewind that to understand it" or made me Google anything.
That's not to say that I shouldn't be able to comprehend a lyric to claim it to be great.
On the contrary, I think "Ether" was great due to its simplicity.

I just read often and I analyze movies/tv and I guess I like Skyzoo's subtle references to historical events, people, and moments.
I especially love his references to The Wire.

Where Kendrick thrives is his openness and his honesty.
His passion drives him. His passion convinces the listener.
He comes off as very personable and that makes the listener want to support him.

I think Ab-Soul has the sharpest pen in TDE.
Kendrick has the best rapping ability.
ScHoolboy comes off as the most reckless, and therefore, probably the most appealing to the younger generation.
Rock has his gang ties.
That's important in the music industry.



But...
With all that said, it's great that there are so many artists in the hip hop industry. There's a lot to choose from and I'll never knock anyone for liking who they like.


Do you have a link to any of his stuff, particularly Cloud 9? I bump Extreme Measures but I can't find anything else off it.
_________________


Life Goes On
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PHillysPHinest2


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 2027
Location: Albuquerque, NM, The Land of Enchantment
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo what's up everyone! I made a song at the end of the summer that I want some feedback on. I made it with my brother's homie and I wrote my verse over about 2 weeks and we got it recorded in 4 or 5 takes. This is probably the 4th or 5th song I have ever done, so keep in mind I am still an amateur. But I want a bit of feedback! Hate, compliments, constructive criticism, it's all welcome! Just tell me what you guys think and hopefully you like the song! It's over DJ Unwind's beat Midwest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEoXTwiMQ6g&list=UUvPnqVm74rUpX6A-XbxzMWQ&index=2&feature=plcp
_________________


Kiltman is the Ill(est) man
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13517
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I'm not crazy for thinking that Skyzoo and Mickey Factz sound very similar, am I?
I thought his voice was more like Cole but...
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 50 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group