Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
Anyone else as high as me on Dreams & Nightmares? I am really impressed by it. I always liked Meek but I figured his first studio album would be a disappointment...kinda just another gangster rap album with some really pop-sounding stuff mixed in to appeal to the masses more. I think he killed it. Songs like "Traumatized", "Dreams and Nightmares", "Tony Story Pt 2", etc really were much better than I expected as far as the overall quality of his music. Great album IMO. Thoughts?

The vocals/rhymes on it are tight, but I'm a little disappointed in that the album as a whole doesn't seem to find a balance in terms of production. By that I mean there are tracks that are just overproduced, a couple that are under-produced, and as a whole I feel like the instrumentals and the tracks the studio gave Meek (who I'm a fan of) didn't play to his strengths and don't do the vocals justice.

I need to give it another listen, probably on better speakers considering my current headphones aren't anything to write home about (and don't pick up the high's as well as I'd like). But on a whole I feel like whoever put together some of the instrumentals just needs to step away from the John Carpenter film scores, because there's a lot of that going on in there and it gets pretty repetitive and old pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66_oatCcqUc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66_oatCcqUc
We Out Chea
ThePrototype

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Is Joe Budden worth getting into?
Nah. After what Lil B did to him I can't take him serious anymore. RIP Budden
ThePrototype

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so no one is going to post that Harry Fraud track that got released yesterday? I knowww you madddd

Harry Fraud - "Mean" ft. French Montana & Action Bronson
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
Anyone else as high as me on Dreams & Nightmares? I am really impressed by it. I always liked Meek but I figured his first studio album would be a disappointment...kinda just another gangster rap album with some really pop-sounding stuff mixed in to appeal to the masses more. I think he killed it. Songs like "Traumatized", "Dreams and Nightmares", "Tony Story Pt 2", etc really were much better than I expected as far as the overall quality of his music. Great album IMO. Thoughts?

The vocals/rhymes on it are tight, but I'm a little disappointed in that the album as a whole doesn't seem to find a balance in terms of production. By that I mean there are tracks that are just overproduced, a couple that are under-produced, and as a whole I feel like the instrumentals and the tracks the studio gave Meek (who I'm a fan of) didn't play to his strengths and don't do the vocals justice.

I need to give it another listen, probably on better speakers considering my current headphones aren't anything to write home about (and don't pick up the high's as well as I'd like). But on a whole I feel like whoever put together some of the instrumentals just needs to step away from the John Carpenter film scores, because there's a lot of that going on in there and it gets pretty repetitive and old pretty quickly.

Great post. Thanks for the input.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
Blknite01

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Blknite01 wrote:
Seeing Macklemore tomorrow so excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwWvIZ8sILw

I'm going to try and scalp some tickets for his Lansing show. It's that love/hate relationship with 400 person capacity.

I got tickets for a sold out show on a Friday night in Denver. I've pretty much universally heard that he is incredible live. So stoked

Setlists from previous shows

"Setlist: 10,000 hours, Life is Cinema, Otherside, Same Love, Crew Cuts, Awake, Make the Money, My Oh My, Starting Over, The Town, Gold, Wings, Thrift shop, Jimmy Lovine, And We Danced, Castles, Victory Lap, Irish Celebration"

" Thousand Hours, Can't Hold Us, Life is Cinema, Thrift Shop, Samelove, Jimmy Iovine, Wing$, Gold, Starting Over, My Oh My, Victory Lap, Castle, And We Danced, Irish Celebration, Crew Cuts"

Thats 6 songs each time not from the Heist = Awesomenesssss

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

Jump to: