Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Janoris Jenkins signs with the Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Yea, young talented rookies Never come in and make an immediate impact. I mean you have to wait 2 years for them to even crack the starting lineup!

Maybe you don't understand what I was saying. To say we're going to have an ELITE UNIT with a guy who played Division II football and a guy coming out of the FCS. Give me a break. He didn't say down the road, he meant this upcoming season. Sorry.

I get how talented they are and the potential is there. But that's not even being realistic. So all we have is Finnegan and a bunch of rookies and all of a sudden we're elite? Well damn, I guess every secondary has the makings of an elite unit...

you serious hommie? JJ played a total of 9 games against Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffrey and AJ Green, allowed one Touchdown and that was to Green. Seems pretty good to be considering 2 of these WR had dominatn rookie years, but no, your right..

At Florida? Remind me again, why he wasn't on Florida last season? If you're going to sit here and use his Florida days as a reason he's going to be so great, then I can just throw that back at you and say he won't even be on the Rams team in two years due to getting into trouble and being kicked off the team.

Works both ways.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Yea, young talented rookies Never come in and make an immediate impact. I mean you have to wait 2 years for them to even crack the starting lineup!

Maybe you don't understand what I was saying. To say we're going to have an ELITE UNIT with a guy who played Division II football and a guy coming out of the FCS. Give me a break. He didn't say down the road, he meant this upcoming season. Sorry.

I get how talented they are and the potential is there. But that's not even being realistic. So all we have is Finnegan and a bunch of rookies and all of a sudden we're elite? Well damn, I guess every secondary has the makings of an elite unit...

you serious hommie? JJ played a total of 9 games against Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffrey and AJ Green, allowed one Touchdown and that was to Green. Seems pretty good to be considering 2 of these WR had dominatn rookie years, but no, your right..

At Florida? Remind me again, why he wasn't on Florida last season? If you're going to sit here and use his Florida days as a reason he's going to be so great, then I can just throw that back at you and say he won't even be on the Rams team in two years due to getting into trouble and being kicked off the team.

Works both ways.
Wouldnt have been off an NFL team for the reasons Muschamp kicked him off of Florida. Would have had a slap on the wrist. Heck, Urban Myer wouldnt have even suspended him a game!

And you're the one trying to pretend he is some DII talent, sorry but this guys dominated the SEC as one-on-one CB.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?

He's making valid points. Your expecting rookies to come in and play like old pros?

RIP Robin Williams
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
What?

He's making valid points. Your expecting rookies to come in and play like old pros?
Im expecting him to come in and play like the Best cover Corner in the Draft, which he is.

If he was picked in the Top 10 you would expect him to come in and make a huge impact, just like the Cowboys are with Claiborne. Jenkins Talent is atleast that high, everyone knew that, they just didnt know if he was going to be able to last in the league. Thats why he dropped, NOT due to lack of talent.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
What?

Im expecting him to come in and play like the Best cover Corner in the Draft, which he is.

If he was picked in the Top 10 you would expect him to come in and make a huge impact, just like the Cowboys are with Claiborne. Jenkins Talent is atleast that high, everyone knew that, they just didnt know if he was going to be able to last in the league. Thats why he dropped, NOT due to lack of talent.
No I wouldn't have. I would have expected him to be a rookie. The same as every other young CB.

And don't tell me why Janoris Jenkins dropped. I for one watched him play as a freshman. He dropped because he's a problem of the field. Something that didn't get solved with Meyer or Muschamp.

And he didn't say he wasn't talented. He said he was a rookie. Which he is. A rookie. Rarely do rookie CBs do anything and those that do only make real impacts in terms of interceptions not one on one play.

RIP Robin Williams
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Top 10 pass defense... Do you guys actually think our pass defense is in the top 10 in the league?

Why not? Ranked in the middle of the pack last year. Add on more pass rush, I could see it happening. Don't forget, teams are going to try to run the ball even more on the Rams next season. Easily could see them at #8-10 at the end of year.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While our pass defense last year was good by the numbers a large reason for that was we gave up 150 yards per game and 4.8 yards per carry.

We have a talented line and a very solid secondary. I expect JJ to come in and be a very good coverman and not a liability.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if this group (DBs) became top ten. Secondaries are at their best when they have a developed communication and chemistry. We do at least have a full off season, but with a bunch of guys that have never played together, there is no telling how good they could be.

Also keep in mind that Darian Stewart may or may not be starting for Fisher. He showed flashes last year but also made many mental errors. That 2nd safety spot is a weakness rather we want to admit it or not. Unless Darian can continue to develop......

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
cover2man_flats

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish said that JJ had some of the best pure corner skills and insticts he has seen on a prospect in a long time, regardless of what school he played. And against top talent such as AJ Green and Julio Jones, he showed it.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
What?

Exactly. This isn't surprising, these same people ALWAYS do this before every season. Remember a year or two ago our WR corps was SO DEEP and talented... LMAO. Yet the team has won 15 games in the past 5 seasons, 7 of those coming in one year.

This team sucks, it's not going to be much better this season. I really like our talent, but these guys aren't ready to contribute at a high level at this point. Jenkins is extremely talented, but he's a rookie. Brockers is also just a rookie. I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the best cover corner in the draft. I;m not talking off the field, he's been clean as a RAM and thats all I care about lol, He deserves high expectations we got one of the most talented players in the draft for a steal, I LOVE it. Week 1 we will see. I don't have the same expectations for any other rookie. None.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooo whats up with JJ? did he get much playing time this preseason? if so has he looked good? what you see his role being this year?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
sooo whats up with JJ? did he get much playing time this preseason? if so has he looked good? what you see his role being this year?
He's starting for sure. Was inconsistent in the pre-season but definitely showed flashes. We will see how he does once the games start counting.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
He's starting for sure. Was inconsistent in the pre-season but definitely showed flashes. We will see how he does once the games start counting.
sounds mixed. so im guessing hes playing the 2? i wanna see him when he plays the lions. wanna see who fairs better him or titus young, should be a fun match up. thanks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
sounds mixed. so im guessing hes playing the 2? i wanna see him when he plays the lions. wanna see who fairs better him or titus young, should be a fun match up. thanks

I thought his only bad game was Dallas

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: