Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Senior Bowl Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mas_atc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Pre Senior Bowl Mock Reply with quote

Cuts
Colt McCoy
Owen Marecic
Jarrod Shaw
Brian Sanford
Adrian Moten
Prince Miller
Usama Young

Resign
Phil Dawson
Josh Cribbs
Kaluka Maiava
Ben Watson
Emmanuel Stephens
Reggie Hodges
Christian Yount
Thaddeus Lewis
Brad Smellley
Garth Gerhart

Extend
Alex Mack
TJ Ward

FA
QB Tarvaris Jackson - Gives us somebody to come in and push Weeden. I feel it is at least an upgrade over McCoy. Potentially gives Chud the opportunity to run some read option as well. Sat at the #3 in Buffalo last year, and could/should be had for a reasonable bargain.

FS Kerry Rhodes - Helps be a mentor for our young secondary and allows a smooth transition for the D that Horton wants to impliment.

OG Louis Vasquez - Starts day one at RG. Creates instant depth by having Lauvao move into a backup role.

WR Brian Hartline - I like Hartline's ability to create plays even though he isn't a burner. Good routes and sure hands. Showed what he is capable of monster game if given chances. I would like to see him and Little split time between the outside and slot giving the defense different looks and us several options.

CB Keenen Lewis - I don't see Pittsburgh letting this guy go with their secondary problems, but it's my mock so yeah... welcome to Cleveland. Lewis would be a our #2 day one and give us a pretty great duo now and for the future with Haden.

RB Chris Rainey - Was #4 in Pittsburgh behind Mendenhall, Dwyer, and Redman until he was cut at the end of the year. Gives us another speedster as insurance for if Hardesty goes down. Should come cheap.

Draft (using CBSSports rankings/projections for all our picks)
Cheifs - Luke Joeckel OT
Jags - Star Lotulelei DT
Raiders - Bjoern Werner DE
Eagles - Eric Fisher OT (making himself some money down in Mobile right now)
Lions - Dee Milliner CB

Browns
1) Demontre Moore OLB Texas A&M - I think Mingo will show better athleticism at the combine than Moore, but I think Moore is the better football player. Honestly, I think Moore does not get out the Top 5, but again, it's my mock so welcome to Cleveland! He will pair well with Sheard and give us the blitz options we will need in the new D.
2012 stats - 85 tackles, 21 tfl, 12.5 sacks, 2 pd, 1 ff

2) (Josh Gordon)

3) Leon McFadden CB San Diego St - Cutting Patterson at the end of last year really hurt our depth at CB. This will create good depth, and make for a tremendous camp battle for the Nickel position between McFadden, Skrine, and Wade. He is showing pretty good ability in Mobile right now, so let's see how high is stock ends up rising.
2012 stats - 61 tackles, 2 tfl, 3 int (2 for TD), 15 pd, 1 ff

4) TJ McDonald FS USC - The heir apparent to Rhodes when he is ready to leave the game. He can sit and learn from a true professional and help on special teams.
2012 stats - 112 tackles, 6.5 tfl, 1 sack, 2 int, 5 pd

5) AJ Klein ILB Iowa St -Another guy with ability to step in and help in the special teams until he is ready. Was named co-defensive player of the year in the Big 12 his junior season with 116 tackles, 7.5 tfl, 2 sacks, 1 int (for TD), and 7 pd.
2012 stats - 117 tackles, 3.5 tfl, 1 sack, 1 int (for TD), 3 pd

6) Nick Kasa TE Colorado - Very raw as a TE prospect, but showing signs that he could turn into a valuable asset to a team that gives him a chance. Played under new TE Coach Jon Embree. Not shy of being a part of the blocking game (6'6" 271), but does have surprisingly quick feet and soft hands.
2012 stats - 20 rec, 340 yds, 3 tds

7) Zach Boren FB OSU - Comes in to compete for the starting job. I could see us going out to obtain a proven veteren too.
2012 stats - 11 att, 33 yds, 2 tds
50 tackles, 1 sack, 1 ff

Depth Chart
QB - Brandon Weeden, Tarvaris Jackson, Thad Lewis
RB - Richardson, Hardesty, Rainey
FB - Smelley, Boren (initially)
WR - Gordon, Little, Hartline, Benjamin, Cribbs, Cooper
TE - Cameron, Watson, Kasa
OT - Thomas, Schwartz, Miller, Cousins
OG - Greco, Vasquez, Pinkston, Lauvao
C - Mack, Gerhart
DE - Taylor, Hughes, Winn, Rucker
NT - Rubin, Kitchen
LB - Sheard, Moore, Jackson, Gocong, Johnson, Klein, Stephens, Fort, Maiava, Robertson
CB - Haden, Lewis, McFadden, Skrine, Wade, Bademosi
S - Rhodes, Ward, McDonald, Hagg, Gipson
K - Dawson
P - Hodges
LS - Yount
I realize I am bringing in a ton of free agents. We have the money to spend, and we do.

Adopt A Brown
D'Qwell Jackson:
141 tackles 1.5 sacks 1 ff 1 fr 1 int 8 pd 4 qb hit

Last edited by mas_atc on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but no thanks on Chris Rainey. He's a bad decision away from being out of the game completely.

Tavaris Jackson is an interesting thought, although he's certainly a polar opposite of Weeden

"We really liked Chud." So did we Jimmy. You better be right about this one. TANKED STRONG Props to DaBoyle250 for the Sig! TEAM STYLISH
mas_atc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
Thanks but no thanks on Chris Rainey. He's a bad decision away from being out of the game completely.

Tavaris Jackson is an interesting thought, although he's certainly a polar opposite of Weeden

Good point on Rainey... guess didnt think about his past. So maybe we just hold on to Obgonnaya. I agree with you on Jackson, but looking at Carolina last year they had Newton, DA, and Clausen.

Adopt A Brown
D'Qwell Jackson:
141 tackles 1.5 sacks 1 ff 1 fr 1 int 8 pd 4 qb hit
Marky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more DL help, I feel like at least 6-8 bodies.

Maybe cut Stephens and add a DT or DE.

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
zelbell

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky wrote:
We need more DL help, I feel like at least 6-8 bodies.

Maybe cut Stephens and add a DT or DE.

agreed with the DL help...like it otherwise
schuttje

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to create a mock but now I don't need to. This mock is realistic and if Weeden works off whatever disease Shurmur gave him, we might be able to compete with the Bengals next year for a wild card spot. I'd also like to sign Shaun Phillips though for depth and to help Shread/Moore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: