Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DS's RDE college watch list for the Browns.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5441
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
KT - no Anthony Barr in your list - are you assuming he doesn't declare?

I think hes a first rounder if he enters the draft this year, with top 10 potential next year. His speed, relentlessness, and production for a first year pass rusher amazes me.


Same reason I dropped Jarvis Jones and Kyle Van Noy. I see him as a linebacker only. If for some reason we switched to a 34 defense in the offseason I'll change me rankings. I would still draft him as a rush backer for our 43 but my list is for DEs only.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6379
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense - thanks sir!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wkusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=28825&SPID=2242&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205751864&DB_OEM_ID=5400

Quanterus Smith to Miss Remainder of 2012 Season With Torn ACL

Damn and I liked the kid too as a Mid rounder.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5441
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.wkusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=28825&SPID=2242&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205751864&DB_OEM_ID=5400

Quanterus Smith to Miss Remainder of 2012 Season With Torn ACL

Damn and I liked the kid too as a Mid rounder.


Well now we might be able to get him in the 7th or as a free agent. Then we can put him on pup and see how much he learns before he is healthy. If ready we get him reps if not no big deal IR him and wait till next year.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/21097681/big-board-as-season-winds-down-scouting-ramps-up

27. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU: A native of Ghana who tried out for basketball and lettered in track before giving football a try in 2010, Ansah had 10 total tackles to his credit entering the 2012 season and was barely a blip on most scouts' radar. A few months later and comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul are almost becoming cliché in the scouting community as the 6-5, 270-pounder blessed with extraordinary athleticism and power seems to be improving week to week.

27th overall really????????????????
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5441
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/21097681/big-board-as-season-winds-down-scouting-ramps-up

27. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU: A native of Ghana who tried out for basketball and lettered in track before giving football a try in 2010, Ansah had 10 total tackles to his credit entering the 2012 season and was barely a blip on most scouts' radar. A few months later and comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul are almost becoming cliché in the scouting community as the 6-5, 270-pounder blessed with extraordinary athleticism and power seems to be improving week to week.

27th overall really????????????????


People were saying the exact same thing about Jason Pierre Paul

Also if you want to say 1 year wonder there have been many of those guys go that high and higher as well. One of those guys was your boy last year Whitney Mercilus.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/21097681/big-board-as-season-winds-down-scouting-ramps-up

27. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU: A native of Ghana who tried out for basketball and lettered in track before giving football a try in 2010, Ansah had 10 total tackles to his credit entering the 2012 season and was barely a blip on most scouts' radar. A few months later and comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul are almost becoming cliché in the scouting community as the 6-5, 270-pounder blessed with extraordinary athleticism and power seems to be improving week to week.

27th overall really????????????????


People were saying the exact same thing about Jason Pierre Paul

Also if you want to say 1 year wonder there have been many of those guys go that high and higher as well. One of those guys was your boy last year Whitney Mercilus.


Yeah he was a 1 year wonder with athletic talent and lead the nation in sacks and TFL's. The production helped a lot IMO.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5441
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/21097681/big-board-as-season-winds-down-scouting-ramps-up

27. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU: A native of Ghana who tried out for basketball and lettered in track before giving football a try in 2010, Ansah had 10 total tackles to his credit entering the 2012 season and was barely a blip on most scouts' radar. A few months later and comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul are almost becoming cliché in the scouting community as the 6-5, 270-pounder blessed with extraordinary athleticism and power seems to be improving week to week.

27th overall really????????????????


People were saying the exact same thing about Jason Pierre Paul

Also if you want to say 1 year wonder there have been many of those guys go that high and higher as well. One of those guys was your boy last year Whitney Mercilus.


Yeah he was a 1 year wonder with athletic talent and lead the nation in sacks and TFL's. The production helped a lot IMO.


and Ansah is a far more athletic talent who is putting up big numbers too.

You don't have to be the nations leader to produce.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/21097681/big-board-as-season-winds-down-scouting-ramps-up

27. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU: A native of Ghana who tried out for basketball and lettered in track before giving football a try in 2010, Ansah had 10 total tackles to his credit entering the 2012 season and was barely a blip on most scouts' radar. A few months later and comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul are almost becoming cliché in the scouting community as the 6-5, 270-pounder blessed with extraordinary athleticism and power seems to be improving week to week.

27th overall really????????????????


People were saying the exact same thing about Jason Pierre Paul

Also if you want to say 1 year wonder there have been many of those guys go that high and higher as well. One of those guys was your boy last year Whitney Mercilus.


Yeah he was a 1 year wonder with athletic talent and lead the nation in sacks and TFL's. The production helped a lot IMO.


and Ansah is a far more athletic talent who is putting up big numbers too.

You don't have to be the nations leader to produce.


True but 4 sacks 12 TFL and 50 tackles isn't what I call encouraging in a 1st round prospect.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5441
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/21097681/big-board-as-season-winds-down-scouting-ramps-up

27. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU: A native of Ghana who tried out for basketball and lettered in track before giving football a try in 2010, Ansah had 10 total tackles to his credit entering the 2012 season and was barely a blip on most scouts' radar. A few months later and comparisons to Jason Pierre-Paul are almost becoming cliché in the scouting community as the 6-5, 270-pounder blessed with extraordinary athleticism and power seems to be improving week to week.

27th overall really????????????????


People were saying the exact same thing about Jason Pierre Paul

Also if you want to say 1 year wonder there have been many of those guys go that high and higher as well. One of those guys was your boy last year Whitney Mercilus.


Yeah he was a 1 year wonder with athletic talent and lead the nation in sacks and TFL's. The production helped a lot IMO.


and Ansah is a far more athletic talent who is putting up big numbers too.

You don't have to be the nations leader to produce.


True but 4 sacks 12 TFL and 50 tackles isn't what I call encouraging in a 1st round prospect.


Have you even watched him play?

He doesn't get to rush the passer on most staps as he does drop into coveregre more than a typical DE. And alot of times he is rushing from the NT position. They use him all over the field for multiple different reasons because he is that good.

A lot of defensive coaches would kill for a guy they can use all over the field because believe it or not its not all about sacks and pass rush in the NFL. If it were then teams would have 11 pure pass rushers on the field at a time.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5441
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw that Tank Carradine tore his ACL late in the game against Florida. It is a big blow for his stock IMO as he doesn't have a ton of game film as it was and now he will not be able to perform in pre draft workouts.

I do believe the kid has big time talent. He needs to learn to use his hands better. He does this weird reach thing where he reaches around the shoulder of the OT and almost trys to pull the OT toward him so he can get around him. Its like some kind of swim move gone wrong. I don't like it and it doesn't work for him as it is at FSU. He tries it WAAAAY too often if you have ever watched him play.

I think good NFL coaching will get him to use his arms and hands more productively. It could be the same situation as Mike Iupati. I didn't like him as a guard because he would always reach and lung at guys in this weird obvious manner. I thought he would bust hard. I was obviously wrong, but if you watch him in San Francisco he doesn't do that weird reach thing I am talking about that he did coming out. It was good coaching that made him a top tier OG. I believe good coaching can make Tank Carradine a top tier DE too.

I will have to knock his stock down in my rankings as well because he will not be able to help a team until late in the year next year. He may actually end up going to a playoff team late in the 20s and they are going to get a steal. I hope he slips maybe a little further into the 2nd and we can trade up(if we haven't already signed of drafted a DE).

Anyhow sucks for Carradine feel bad for someone who worked so hard to get where he made it to this year.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/482592/trent-murphy
http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/murphy_trent00.html

Trent Murphy - 48 tackles, 16.5 TFL, 9.5 sacks, 1 Int

Standford plays for the Pac 12 championship this weekend I believe. This guy could be a nice 3rd round sleeper and IMO is scheme diverse as well.

Thoughts Kam/and or anyone else.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5441
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/482592/trent-murphy
http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/murphy_trent00.html

Trent Murphy - 48 tackles, 16.5 TFL, 9.5 sacks, 1 Int

Standford plays for the Pac 12 championship this weekend I believe. This guy could be a nice 3rd round sleeper and IMO is scheme diverse as well.

Thoughts Kam/and or anyone else.


Haven't watched him individually bc he was not on my preseason list as he was listed as a linebacker and only a junior. Obviously that front 7 can flat out play so he can't be a bad player.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/482592/trent-murphy
http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/murphy_trent00.html

Trent Murphy - 48 tackles, 16.5 TFL, 9.5 sacks, 1 Int

Standford plays for the Pac 12 championship this weekend I believe. This guy could be a nice 3rd round sleeper and IMO is scheme diverse as well.

Thoughts Kam/and or anyone else.


Haven't watched him individually bc he was not on my preseason list as he was listed as a linebacker and only a junior. Obviously that front 7 can flat out play so he can't be a bad player.


Thing about from what I read is he is academically a senior but elegibility wise he is a RS Junior. So don't know if he will declare. Confused
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5845
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to watch some youtube videos of Damontre Moore to get a better judgement on the guy

As I watched, I can see that natural athleticism, good snap count, good burst, good run defense, and doesn't play out of control.

But two things kept standing out to me

1.) He was always on the ground. Almost looks clumsy.

2.) He didn't seem to "beat" the tackles around the edge, rather beating them inside or b/c of a stunt play.

His speed to power move that is so common in the NFL, sucks. He has the speed part down, but then just doesn't overpower and keep leverage with the tackle and push his way to the QB.

So I thought, "I wonder how old he is?" Thinking that if he is closing in on 24, he may not get much stronger than he is now. Or if he is 21 or 22, will have a great benefit from an NFL weight room program.

Damontre Moore just turned 20 years old on Sept 11. Shocked

He's just a kid. Very similar situation to Aldon Smith a year ago.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group