Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks sign DE Chris Clemons to a long-term deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
imani wrote:
so glad this got done, this NEEDED to happen. Now lynch's decision is the last remaining distraction going into TC.

If irvin pans out, this pass rush is set for years.

Don't forget that we also signed Jason Jones in the offseason. If he pans out, we'll finally get the inside pass rush that we have lacked for so long.

If we have Clemons at the LEO, move Irvin around and play him some at SS on passing downs and have Jones at DT, there's gonna be a lot of scared QB's in our division. Personally, I'm expecting big things from Cordarro Law as well. If he fills the role vacated by Raheem Brock, it'll be even better.

I endorse this message.
I don't. At least not the part about Irvin at SS... Laughing

I like the signing. Wish we had still punished him for holding out however.

I think he means strong side, as in LDE...that or SSLB, I'm guessing SSLB due to the Law comment.

Exactly. I meant to post SLB, but for some unknown reason I typed SS and made the mistake of not proofreading my error. If I did, I would have caught it. Oops! Embarassed
imani

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
imani wrote:
so glad this got done, this NEEDED to happen. Now lynch's decision is the last remaining distraction going into TC.

Don't forget that we also signed Jason Jones in the offseason. If he pans out, we'll finally get the inside pass rush that we have lacked for so long.

If we have Clemons at the LEO, move Irvin around and play him some at SS on passing downs and have Jones at DT, there's gonna be a lot of scared QB's in our division. Personally, I'm expecting big things from Cordarro Law as well. If he fills the role vacated by Raheem Brock, it'll be even better.

I endorse this message.

This is what happens when I try to post at almost 1:00 a.m. with very little sleep and no proofreading. I meant having Irvin at SLB, but for some reason, I typed SS. It was a pure brain fart! My bad! I made a mistake. I'm sure it'll happen again. Embarassed

i read it as strong side, but i did get confused...because i remember you mentioning that he played SS in high school when we drafted him

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19642312/la-canfora-seahawks-de-chris-clemons-agrees-to-3-year-extension

Quote:
UPDATED (July 24; 12:28 p.m. ET): According to La Canfora, this is a three-year deal but it replaces the 2012 season he had in his original contract. Therefore, the new deal runs through 2014, and it averages more than $7 million per season

So it's only a two year extension at more than 7 per. Really liking this and it doesn't force us to start Irvin next year.

IDOG_det

#JDI
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. Love Clemons. Rawr.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to comment on this until the details of the deal were unveiled,

Link Below:
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/7/24/3183021/chris-clemons-3-year-deal-runs-at-7m-a-year#comments

3 years, avg. $7mill a year, Not a bad deal for a guy that is 8th in sacks for the last two seasons. Good deal!

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
imani

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, we'll have the perfect opportunity to make a decision on him without much risk...much like patrick kerney. I hope clemons retires a seahawks tho...he deserves it

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Dr.Seahawk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19642312/la-canfora-seahawks-de-chris-clemons-agrees-to-3-year-extension

Quote:
UPDATED (July 24; 12:28 p.m. ET): According to La Canfora, this is a three-year deal but it replaces the 2012 season he had in his original contract. Therefore, the new deal runs through 2014, and it averages more than $7 million per season

So it's only a two year extension at more than 7 per. Really liking this and it doesn't force us to start Irvin next year.

This.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
imani wrote:

I endorse this message.

This is what happens when I try to post at almost 1:00 a.m. with very little sleep and no proofreading. I meant having Irvin at SLB, but for some reason, I typed SS. It was a pure brain fart! My bad! I made a mistake. I'm sure it'll happen again. Embarassed

The crazy part is that I know what you meant.

"We all we got, we all we need"
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable signing. I think this is actually a discount on what he would have received in the open market. Significant.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Shazor4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Unbelievable signing. I think this is actually a discount on what he would have received in the open market. Significant.

Agreed. To get him for the same money as Red Bryant is a steal. I thought his agent would use Reds contract to force the Seahawks to overpay. Great job by PC & JS!

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: