Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D82's 2013 NFL Mock Draft V.2.3 *W/ TRADES* (COMPLETE)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I really don't see the Bengals taking a safety that high.

I believe that by April Knile Davis will be a first round pick, and he's a guy I would like.

I like the pick honestly.

I'm not saying I don't like it. But the Bengals don't put that much value on the position. But with the new rookie wage scale I guess it's possible.
bookend57

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done for the Packers

^gopherwrestler^
sayheykid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand Barkley as a pro prospect. In fact there aren't any likely first round QBs in the upcoming draft I have very high expectations for. Much rather stay at six and roll the dice on Amerson.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll need a very good explanation at why the Steelers take anyone on the DL in the first round....
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears were to somehow bomb that badly then Hankins & Reddick would be pretty good consolation prizes.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do finish with pick 5 and trade down I'd like to take Logan Thomas actually. Also, if we do go from 5 to 12, I think we should get their 2nd round pick, not 3rd. Dallas gave up their 2nd to move from 14 to 6. 12 to 5 is pretty much the same

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: D82's 2013 NFL Mock Draft V.2.0 *W/ TRADES* Reply with quote

This actually looks fairly well thought out, however... have we learned nothing about AJ Smith yet?

It flatly doesn't matter if RT is the biggest glaring need on the team above any other position whatsoever... AJ Smith ain't taking an OL in the 1st round. The man has never done it in his tenure (as the head honcho in the front office or on any staff he was an executive on) and he actually does there's very little reason to expect him ever to. The guy simply subscribes too much to the classic Bill Polian philosophy of drafting mid-round OL prospects and grooming them over time.

Thus, I'd suggest you bump the position you addressed in the 2nd round (which will be a likely need as Antoine Cason is a 2013 FA and in a make-or-break year, and Quentin Jammer is a 2014 FA who is likely on his last legs - and while he's said he's amenable to moving to safety thus far every coach asked has said that's not the role they see him playing), and send Xavier Rhodes the way of the Chargers.

The 2nd round will largely depend on who the season pans out and who among the young talent "doesn't" develop. Despite the fact that one of Louis Vasquez or Tyronne Green, despite both starting, are likely not to be retained... again, Smith is not an early (and by that I mean prior to the 3rd round) OL drafter (and making the playoffs but losing in the first round might get Norv fired, but it won't do AJ in as far as Dean Spanos is concerned). OLB (Alex Okafor - pending workouts, Michael Buchanan - ditto), ILB (your guess is as good as mine, Nico Johnson if he declares I suppose but the values pretty bad at this juncture), WR (likely Cobi Hamilton by this point), or even giving Mathews some cover and drafting Montee Ball on the premise of value are all fair possibilities.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: D82's 2013 NFL Mock Draft V.2.0 *W/ TRADES* Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
This actually looks fairly well thought out, however... have we learned nothing about AJ Smith yet?

It flatly doesn't matter if RT is the biggest glaring need on the team above any other position whatsoever... AJ Smith ain't taking an OL in the 1st round. The man has never done it in his tenure (as the head honcho in the front office or on any staff he was an executive on) and he actually does there's very little reason to expect him ever to. The guy simply subscribes too much to the classic Bill Polian philosophy of drafting mid-round OL prospects and grooming them over time.

Thus, I'd suggest you bump the position you addressed in the 2nd round (which will be a likely need as Antoine Cason is a 2013 FA and in a make-or-break year, and Quentin Jammer is a 2014 FA who is likely on his last legs - and while he's said he's amenable to moving to safety thus far every coach asked has said that's not the role they see him playing), and send Xavier Rhodes the way of the Chargers.

The 2nd round will largely depend on who the season pans out and who among the young talent "doesn't" develop. Despite the fact that one of Louis Vasquez or Tyronne Green, despite both starting, are likely not to be retained... again, Smith is not an early (and by that I mean prior to the 3rd round) OL drafter (and making the playoffs but losing in the first round might get Norv fired, but it won't do AJ in as far as Dean Spanos is concerned). OLB (Alex Okafor - pending workouts, Michael Buchanan - ditto), ILB (your guess is as good as mine, Nico Johnson if he declares I suppose but the values pretty bad at this juncture), WR (likely Cobi Hamilton by this point), or even giving Mathews some cover and drafting Montee Ball on the premise of value are all fair possibilities.

Anything is possible. Jerry Jones had never drafted an OL in the first round until last year when he took Tyron Smith with the #9 overall pick.

Maybe A.J. wises up after Rivers beats him over the head with a brick and tells him he needs a legit RT. Laughing

^^^Deadpulse
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: D82's 2013 NFL Mock Draft V.2.0 *W/ TRADES* Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Anything is possible. Jerry Jones had never drafted an OL in the first round until last year when he took Tyron Smith with the #9 overall pick.

Maybe A.J. wises up after Rivers beats him over the head with a brick and tells him he needs a legit RT. Laughing

I'm just saying, the likelihood is about the same as Jones taking Smith was - around 1% if you're lucky. Building mocks around slim-to-none possibilities is hardly realistic. About the only thing the Fluker pick has got going for him is that he's from the SEC (which along with the conference formerly known and possibly still currently known at least in spirit as the Big XII, is where we've drafted ~80% of the OL that we have selected in the Butler/Smith regime).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: D82's 2013 NFL Mock Draft V.2.0 *W/ TRADES* Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
I'm just saying, the likelihood is about the same as Jones taking Smith was - around 1% if you're lucky. Building mocks around slim-to-none possibilities is hardly realistic. About the only thing the Fluker pick has got going for him is that he's from the SEC (which along with the conference formerly known and possibly still currently known at least in spirit as the Big XII, is where we've drafted ~80% of the OL that we have selected in the Butler/Smith regime).

Well, going by this scenario, if the Chargers make it in yet are knocked out immediately...do Smith/Turner keep their jobs?

^^^Deadpulse
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about Fauria in the 2nd, but Wilson in rd 1, and Landry Jones rd 3 are very solid picks..
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume Jarvis Jones plays RDE? I like taking a CB in round 3 too.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I assume Jarvis Jones plays RDE? I like taking a CB in round 3 too.

Jones could play RDE, but also stand up as a SLB in certain packages.

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Not sure about Fauria in the 2nd, but Wilson in rd 1, and Landry Jones rd 3 are very solid picks..

He (Fauria) would be an improvement over Chandler.

^^^Deadpulse
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall not a bad mock...just a few changes....

Quote:
13. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Kansas City): Johnthan Banks CB, Mississippi State
Would rather just take Barrett Jones, OL Alabama here…can play Center, Guard, and Tackle…all 3 we may need help with.

Quote:
37. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jonathan Cooper OG, North Carolina
Here is where I take Lewan…move Britton to guard, Monroe to the right side (in time.)

Quote:
44. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Kansas City): Da'Rick Rogers WR, Tennessee
I don’t see the upside to Rogers (we already have a non-speed guy in Blackmon…Either Mellette or Kevin Riddick to take over for Session, whom may have to retire.

Quote:
68. Jacksonville Jaguars: Devin Taylor DE, South Carolina
Don’t think DE is a top-3 need yet…Either Logan Ryan/Hurst/Trufant to take over for Mathis or Jelani Jenkins to play OLB.

#JDI
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Quote:
44. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Kansas City): Da'Rick Rogers WR, Tennessee
I don’t see the upside to Rogers (we already have a non-speed guy in Blackmon…Either Mellette or Kevin Riddick to take over for Session, whom may have to retire.

Have you watched Da'rick? He is not slow at all. He is a 4.4 guy easily and
shows it on the field. The only reason he would fall to the 2nd is that he is a knucklehead. Complain about that, not his speed.

As for the mock, interested in the Tyler Bray pick. Could you explain your thoughts on that? I am assuming with Philly picking 12th that you dont expect much out of Vick this season and Reid will be canned. Tyler Bray doesnt exactly scream Andy Reid.

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: