You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does the Detroit Lions Maturity Problem Start With Our Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 57792
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:


You should concern yourself with the current decade, neither of our teams won in the last one...


Got it. So remove history because it does not favor your argument. Got it
_________________



AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 57792
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
All im sayin ppl is ur coach and ur veteran leaders need to step it up a lil.. i thought that was pretty obvious, guess not Rolling Eyes Embarassed


I would think it would be rather obvious that it's not our coaches or veterans screwing up. It's our young, immature players who need to "step it up a lil."


Guess its more complicated for some. I thought it was obvious too.
_________________



AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpnesdude41


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 1607
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:


You should concern yourself with the current decade, neither of our teams won in the last one...


Got it. So remove history because it does not favor your argument. Got it

no, remove it bc you dont realize it has no relevance in yours.
_________________
clown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 57792
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:


You should concern yourself with the current decade, neither of our teams won in the last one...


Got it. So remove history because it does not favor your argument. Got it

no, remove it bc you dont realize it has no relevance in yours.


Actually it does. You say Detroit is boom or bust based on off field issues. I show you GB won a SB with 4 players with off field issues. Detroit has 4 players.

So obviously your argument is flawed because it did not hurt GB
_________________



AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpnesdude41


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 1607
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
All im sayin ppl is ur coach and ur veteran leaders need to step it up a lil.. i thought that was pretty obvious, guess not Rolling Eyes Embarassed


I would think it would be rather obvious that it's not our coaches or veterans screwing up. It's our young, immature players who need to "step it up a lil."


Guess its more complicated for some. I thought it was obvious too.


That they do.. Some older fellas showing them the right path would do them a great benefit.
_________________
clown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpnesdude41


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 1607
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:


You should concern yourself with the current decade, neither of our teams won in the last one...


Got it. So remove history because it does not favor your argument. Got it

no, remove it bc you dont realize it has no relevance in yours.


Actually it does. You say Detroit is boom or bust based on off field issues. I show you GB won a SB with 4 players with off field issues. Detroit has 4 players.

So obviously your argument is flawed because it did not hurt GB


u say four players i say six incidents, you show me a decade i show you a year.. What it all boils down to is your character concerns have affected your team, unlike the packers had. They did last year on the field and have continued off the field. Thats where my boom or bust opinion is formed, it seems your team lacks the discipline to get it done week in and week out to drive themselves towards a championship.
_________________
clown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 57792
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:


You should concern yourself with the current decade, neither of our teams won in the last one...


Got it. So remove history because it does not favor your argument. Got it

no, remove it bc you dont realize it has no relevance in yours.


Actually it does. You say Detroit is boom or bust based on off field issues. I show you GB won a SB with 4 players with off field issues. Detroit has 4 players.

So obviously your argument is flawed because it did not hurt GB


u say four players i say six incidents, you show me a decade i show you a year.. What it all boils down to is your character concerns have affected your team, unlike the packers had. They did last year on the field and have continued off the field. Thats where my boom or bust opinion is formed, it seems your team lacks the discipline to get it done week in and week out to drive themselves towards a championship.


How has it affected them? By making playoffs for first time in over a decade?

That would seem to be a positive thing.

Nothing has been played yet to say it has affected them. FACT

You are making baseless assumptions on personal opinion when facts show otherwise
_________________



AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11146
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
All im sayin ppl is ur coach and ur veteran leaders need to step it up a lil.. i thought that was pretty obvious, guess not Rolling Eyes Embarassed


I would think it would be rather obvious that it's not our coaches or veterans screwing up. It's our young, immature players who need to "step it up a lil."


Guess its more complicated for some. I thought it was obvious too.


That they do.. Some older fellas showing them the right path would do them a great benefit.


We have some of the classiest players, and maybe the classiest superstar in the league with Calvin Johnson. The role models are there, it's up to the individual if they want to try to emulate them.
_________________
Montana badboy wrote:
Nnivolcm is a boss. That is all.
LionsFTW wrote:
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpnesdude41


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 1607
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its affected them in not living up to their potential. Everybody knows detroit has alot of talent, and they could be better if they stayed focused and got rid of the bull. I wouldnt call my opinions baseless, for the reason i have just stated.. Helluva team, lets see how much better they could be w/o the bs. I also think your crazy if this didnt affect them last season, and could this season.
_________________
clown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 57792
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
I think its affected them in not living up to their potential. Everybody knows detroit has alot of talent, and they could be better if they stayed focused and got rid of the bull. I wouldnt call my opinions baseless, for the reason i have just stated.. Helluva team, lets see how much better they could be w/o the bs. I also think your crazy if this didnt affect them last season, and could this season.


I 100% do not think it affected them last year. Let's be honest. Talented or not NO would have beat them in playoffs with secondary they had. Yes it could affect them this year but not going to assume it will. I prefer to wait and see
_________________



AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 20204
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
I think its affected them in not living up to their potential. Everybody knows detroit has alot of talent, and they could be better if they stayed focused and got rid of the bull. I wouldnt call my opinions baseless, for the reason i have just stated.. Helluva team, lets see how much better they could be w/o the bs. I also think your crazy if this didnt affect them last season, and could this season.


Yes, because an off the field issue makes Matt Stafford throw bad passes and the defensive to not stop the football from going in the end zone. Rolling Eyes Laughing
_________________
LionsFTW wrote:
I got called too abrasive at work the other day, so I'm holding back hard right now so I can prove that jerkoff wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 57792
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
I think its affected them in not living up to their potential. Everybody knows detroit has alot of talent, and they could be better if they stayed focused and got rid of the bull. I wouldnt call my opinions baseless, for the reason i have just stated.. Helluva team, lets see how much better they could be w/o the bs. I also think your crazy if this didnt affect them last season, and could this season.


Yes, because an off the field issue makes Matt Stafford throw bad passes and the defensive to not stop the football from going in the end zone. Rolling Eyes Laughing


Exactly. The Schwartz handshake broke the ability of the Dbs to cover New Orleans Air Assault. Suh kick turned Matt Flynn into a superstar for a day to earn him millions.
_________________



AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cpnesdude41


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 1607
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
I think its affected them in not living up to their potential. Everybody knows detroit has alot of talent, and they could be better if they stayed focused and got rid of the bull. I wouldnt call my opinions baseless, for the reason i have just stated.. Helluva team, lets see how much better they could be w/o the bs. I also think your crazy if this didnt affect them last season, and could this season.


Yes, because an off the field issue makes Matt Stafford throw bad passes and the defensive to not stop the football from going in the end zone. Rolling Eyes Laughing


Exactly. The Schwartz handshake broke the ability of the Dbs to cover New Orleans Air Assault. Suh kick turned Matt Flynn into a superstar for a day to earn him millions.


Well it got him ejected and suspended.
_________________
clown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 57792
Location: Omaha
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
I think its affected them in not living up to their potential. Everybody knows detroit has alot of talent, and they could be better if they stayed focused and got rid of the bull. I wouldnt call my opinions baseless, for the reason i have just stated.. Helluva team, lets see how much better they could be w/o the bs. I also think your crazy if this didnt affect them last season, and could this season.


Yes, because an off the field issue makes Matt Stafford throw bad passes and the defensive to not stop the football from going in the end zone. Rolling Eyes Laughing


Exactly. The Schwartz handshake broke the ability of the Dbs to cover New Orleans Air Assault. Suh kick turned Matt Flynn into a superstar for a day to earn him millions.


Well it got him ejected and suspended.


Didnt cost them the playoffs and he was there for the games that mattered once again proving it didnt affect their season.
_________________



AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Polaris


Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 3550
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character always trumps talent.

When it's the 4th quarter on a freezing December day, and you're hurt, and tired, and beat up, and cold, and the refs are screwing you and the crowd is all against you, it isn't talent that will make the difference, it's the character. The character to perservere in the face of adversity.

Hand in hand with character is discipline. Self-discipline. I have never seen anybody excel in sports, business, academics or anything else if they weren't self-disciplined.

The Lions have been a bad team for a long time but they have a lot of talented players now and there's reason for optimism. But the challenge for the organization now is going to be to get the coaches and players to buy into the entire concept of acting like a champion on AND OFF the field.

If they can achieve that, Detroit will be one of the league's best teams; if they cannot, then all the talent in the world isn't going to change things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group