You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does the Detroit Lions Maturity Problem Start With Our Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:

You should concern yourself with the current decade, neither of our teams won in the last one...

Got it. So remove history because it does not favor your argument. Got it

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
All im sayin ppl is ur coach and ur veteran leaders need to step it up a lil.. i thought that was pretty obvious, guess not Rolling Eyes Embarassed

I would think it would be rather obvious that it's not our coaches or veterans screwing up. It's our young, immature players who need to "step it up a lil."

Guess its more complicated for some. I thought it was obvious too.

AAL- Abdullah

cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

You should concern yourself with the current decade, neither of our teams won in the last one...

no, remove it bc you dont realize it has no relevance in yours.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

Actually it does. You say Detroit is boom or bust based on off field issues. I show you GB won a SB with 4 players with off field issues. Detroit has 4 players.

So obviously your argument is flawed because it did not hurt GB

AAL- Abdullah

cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
All im sayin ppl is ur coach and ur veteran leaders need to step it up a lil.. i thought that was pretty obvious, guess not Rolling Eyes Embarassed

I would think it would be rather obvious that it's not our coaches or veterans screwing up. It's our young, immature players who need to "step it up a lil."

That they do.. Some older fellas showing them the right path would do them a great benefit.
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

Actually it does. You say Detroit is boom or bust based on off field issues. I show you GB won a SB with 4 players with off field issues. Detroit has 4 players.

u say four players i say six incidents, you show me a decade i show you a year.. What it all boils down to is your character concerns have affected your team, unlike the packers had. They did last year on the field and have continued off the field. Thats where my boom or bust opinion is formed, it seems your team lacks the discipline to get it done week in and week out to drive themselves towards a championship.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

u say four players i say six incidents, you show me a decade i show you a year.. What it all boils down to is your character concerns have affected your team, unlike the packers had. They did last year on the field and have continued off the field. Thats where my boom or bust opinion is formed, it seems your team lacks the discipline to get it done week in and week out to drive themselves towards a championship.

How has it affected them? By making playoffs for first time in over a decade?

That would seem to be a positive thing.

Nothing has been played yet to say it has affected them. FACT

You are making baseless assumptions on personal opinion when facts show otherwise

AAL- Abdullah

Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

That they do.. Some older fellas showing them the right path would do them a great benefit.

We have some of the classiest players, and maybe the classiest superstar in the league with Calvin Johnson. The role models are there, it's up to the individual if they want to try to emulate them.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its affected them in not living up to their potential. Everybody knows detroit has alot of talent, and they could be better if they stayed focused and got rid of the bull. I wouldnt call my opinions baseless, for the reason i have just stated.. Helluva team, lets see how much better they could be w/o the bs. I also think your crazy if this didnt affect them last season, and could this season.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
I think its affected them in not living up to their potential. Everybody knows detroit has alot of talent, and they could be better if they stayed focused and got rid of the bull. I wouldnt call my opinions baseless, for the reason i have just stated.. Helluva team, lets see how much better they could be w/o the bs. I also think your crazy if this didnt affect them last season, and could this season.

I 100% do not think it affected them last year. Let's be honest. Talented or not NO would have beat them in playoffs with secondary they had. Yes it could affect them this year but not going to assume it will. I prefer to wait and see

AAL- Abdullah

X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:

Yes, because an off the field issue makes Matt Stafford throw bad passes and the defensive to not stop the football from going in the end zone. Rolling Eyes Laughing
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

Yes, because an off the field issue makes Matt Stafford throw bad passes and the defensive to not stop the football from going in the end zone. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Exactly. The Schwartz handshake broke the ability of the Dbs to cover New Orleans Air Assault. Suh kick turned Matt Flynn into a superstar for a day to earn him millions.

AAL- Abdullah

cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

Exactly. The Schwartz handshake broke the ability of the Dbs to cover New Orleans Air Assault. Suh kick turned Matt Flynn into a superstar for a day to earn him millions.

Well it got him ejected and suspended.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:

Well it got him ejected and suspended.

Didnt cost them the playoffs and he was there for the games that mattered once again proving it didnt affect their season.

AAL- Abdullah

Polaris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character always trumps talent.

When it's the 4th quarter on a freezing December day, and you're hurt, and tired, and beat up, and cold, and the refs are screwing you and the crowd is all against you, it isn't talent that will make the difference, it's the character. The character to perservere in the face of adversity.

Hand in hand with character is discipline. Self-discipline. I have never seen anybody excel in sports, business, academics or anything else if they weren't self-disciplined.

The Lions have been a bad team for a long time but they have a lot of talented players now and there's reason for optimism. But the challenge for the organization now is going to be to get the coaches and players to buy into the entire concept of acting like a champion on AND OFF the field.

If they can achieve that, Detroit will be one of the league's best teams; if they cannot, then all the talent in the world isn't going to change things.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: