Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Opens Thursday July 26 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the reports I could find...

Day 1 Winners...

Chad Johnson - Looked crisp and back to his old self from one report I saw
Will Yeatman - Already moved to second string RT, and looks good from reports
David Garrard - From the reports I saw he was the better QB on day one
Koa Misi - Had a pick six and from reports looked more comfortable in the 4-3 defense
Lamar Miller - Lots of people impressed with this guy. He would have taken the corner and had at least one long TD during this practice
Jeff Fuller - All reports are that he looks like the rookie to beat for the final 53 man roster, and his injuries appear to be behind him this year.

Losers...

Clyde Gates - Kept getting open, but not making catches.
Brian Hartline - Still does not look right after offseason surgery
Matt Moore - Had a few late throws and picks that were costly
Tannehill - Not in camp yet, is not a good thing for a rookie QB
Chris Clemons - Looked to have hurt himself again already, was seen limping a lot after practice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
Miami2DaMax wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
1- How will Miller and Thomas look?

2- What will our front four on the D look like.

3- Battle at WR, who will stand out.

4- QB spot, who will be the winner, David or Matt.

Can't cut Ryan out till you at least see him get seem plays in pre-season, sheesh...you just never know.

I think that's the entire reason Ryan has not signed yet, he wants to play.

Ohh I am not counting him out, I think one of those two will win the job. I would rather Rayn sit and learn the system, then rush him into it and make a mistake like we did with Henne.

I disagree, You couldn't teach Henne to be accurate. He had so many under and over throws and picks which were because of over and under throwing. He's a back up QB at best, and nothing more. He had many more problems but that's problem he's not gonna learn.

I'm not a huge fan of Garrard but really he never had much to throw to and he did about average, even the way our WRs look now it's more than what Garrard had for most of the time. Torry Holt some was about it.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is any truth to this article then we had one heck of a draft!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1284793-miami-dolphins-five-players-who-have-excelled-in-training-camp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree with most of it.

David has never been anything special as a QB. However has doesn't stink either. MJD was the offense. David is capable of completeing short throws at a high percentage. That should bode well for a west coast offense. We have the backs, and hopefully the TE's, to gain some yards after the catch.

I'm not sure I agree with the WR assesment. It seems some always shine in preseason but fade away come real game time. Maybe this will be the year where some of them get a real chance and start putting it all together. A couple of them have the physical tools to be contributors.

I think the Hurricane players will prove to be the steals of the draft. We all know what Miller is capable of. We had heard that Veron had unreal speed for his size. But when you now here he is getting sacks on Long and Long is getting pissed you have to be thrilled. Westerman seems to be a pleasent surprise too. Our DT's have the raw power to collaspe the pocket. It now looks like we have an edge rusher to pair with Wake.

With our OL getting extended practice as a complete unit I think we will be a more effective running team than many imagined. I'm seeing us being a bit like we were during Penny's first year. Just a lot more up tempo. If we keep the turnovers and penalities to a minimum we could do okay when you consider what our defense might be capable of. The DB situation isn't so good though and that concerns me. We will see what happens with our safety situation. We have a coach known for his ability in that area.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love to hear this...

Wake told me. "I'm getting as much practice going up against Jake Long so I can be ready for the best tackles. Like, when we're in drills, and it's someone else's turn, and Jake's up, I say, 'Excuse me,' and I take that rep.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/02/dolphins-camp-postcard/index.html#ixzz22rGp7lIl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone here actually BEEN to any of these game or seen any plays?

I was hoping to see some plays similar to this:

As you can see, 2 RBs in the back one being Miller the other being Bush with Egnew/Fasano at TE and Johnson and Bess at WR. Sending a RB out to the right another up and slant or could go out like the other side. Possibly even having Fasano guard depending on the DEF we are going against.

I was just thinking this could be a way you use Bush and Miller in a great way at the same time with lots of speed on the field.

I was hoping to have Tannehill starting and being THE QB but Garradmay be able to play this, Moore, idk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: