Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If griffin plays like dalton are we in the playoffs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If griffin plays like dalton are we in the playoffs?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Maybe, please explain
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose the maybe and the reason I chose the Maybe is because evwry year as redskins fans we make the splash and we instanty expect results! That said I know we can go but this is the year I expect nothing and juat enjoy the ups and downs of the year! I feel we will be in the playoff picture come week 17 and that is amazing but ill juat enjoy it happening instead of getting mad when it doesnt. I know RGriff3 can throw for more uds then Dalton and Maybe Cam. But I dont see us being behind in that many games for him to actually need too! Honestly I see us having the top 3 rsh offense. Over insanly high passing offense this year!

Ripsean21-Adopt a Redskin 2012; Pierre Garcon: Great first game! Im not adopting any more im bad Luck!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
I chose the maybe and the reason I chose the Maybe is because every year as redskins fans we make the splash and we instanty expect results!
definitely true and one or two guys doesn't turn a 5-11 team into a 10-6 team immediately, especially not a rookie and not a guy who's never gone up against #1 corners.

Quote:
That said I know we can go but this is the year I expect nothing and just enjoy the ups and downs of the year! I feel we will be in the playoff picture come week 17 and that is amazing but I'll just enjoy it happening instead of getting mad when it doesnt.
that's what I'm kinda thinking also, we'll be in the picture towards the end of the year but we usually are anyways.

Quote:
I know RGriff3 can throw for more tds then Dalton and Maybe Cam. But I dont see us being behind in that many games for him to actually need too! Honestly I see us having the top 3 rsh offense. Over insanly high passing offense this year!
newton only threw one more td than Dalton did last year.

How will we not make the playoffs if we are ahead in many games?

I also don't see us relying on the rushing attack like we'd like to, that's never been Kyle Shanahan's offense. He was a wr, he wants to throw
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
I chose the maybe and the reason I chose the Maybe is because every year as redskins fans we make the splash and we instanty expect results!
definitely true and one or two guys doesn't turn a 5-11 team into a 10-6 team immediately, especially not a rookie and not a guy who's never gone up against #1 corners.

Quote:
That said I know we can go but this is the year I expect nothing and just enjoy the ups and downs of the year! I feel we will be in the playoff picture come week 17 and that is amazing but I'll just enjoy it happening instead of getting mad when it doesnt.
that's what I'm kinda thinking also, we'll be in the picture towards the end of the year but we usually are anyways.

Quote:
I know RGriff3 can throw for more tds then Dalton and Maybe Cam. But I dont see us being behind in that many games for him to actually need too! Honestly I see us having the top 3 rsh offense. Over insanly high passing offense this year!
newton only threw one more td than Dalton did last year.

How will we not make the playoffs if we are ahead in many games?

I also don't see us relying on the rushing attack like we'd like to, that's never been Kyle Shanahan's offense. He was a wr, he wants to throw

I mean we can make the playoffs I meant in terms of numbers Cam and company were behind early and almost every week had to battle back from behind and had very good pass yds at the end of the year! Now look at his record when he threw for around 250 and under and Stewart/ Williams had a good contribution, compared to the Cam show where he had great fantasy numbers but got the L! Basically I meant our defense isnt gonna put us in those situations like Carolina did to Cam last year, and RG shouldnt have to guite like Cam.

Now I believe our Running game gets better bye comittie! Steve Slaton ran for 1200 yds under kyle and that was with Schaub and Andre! Now I think we air it out but I also believe that because we can tbrow the ball I think our run game explodes! Honestly it seems like every time they have a ni,e mix our back are hitting 8 to 10 yds every carry! I feel that with the passing offense with so many guys that at any time can have big games or plays for that instance with our varity of backs if they stay healthy our running game is gonna be sneaky amazing!

Ripsean21-Adopt a Redskin 2012; Pierre Garcon: Great first game! Im not adopting any more im bad Luck!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:

I mean we can make the playoffs I meant in terms of numbers Cam and company were behind early and almost every week had to battle back from behind and had very good pass yds at the end of the year! Now look at his record when he threw for around 250 and under and Stewart/ Williams had a good contribution, compared to the Cam show where he had great fantasy numbers but got the L! Basically I meant our defense isnt gonna put us in those situations like Carolina did to Cam last year, and RG shouldnt have to guite like Cam.
I agree, our D is better than theirs was last year and it should be better his year. I misunderstood you, I thought you were talking about us not playing from behind in games but we wouldn't make the playoffs and I'm not sure how that was possible... Wink

Quote:
Now I believe our Running game gets better by committee! Steve Slaton ran for 1200 yds under kyle and that was with Schaub and Andre! Now I think we air it out but I also believe that because we can throw the ball I think our run game explodes! Honestly it seems like every time they have a ni,e mix our back are hitting 8 to 10 yds every carry! I feel that with the passing offense with so many guys that at any time can have big games or plays for that instance with our varity of backs if they stay healthy our running game is gonna be sneaky amazing!
1 in 4 years isn't a great track record.

If we air the ball out, we won run it. If we air it out and are successful we will score that way like he best passing teams do. If we air it out and aren't successful at it, we will see what we saw the last two years. A lot of 3 and outs and a predictable offense.

We need to run to set up The pass like mike shanhans best offenses did in the mid and late 90s.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton
- 16 GP, 16 GS
- 300 - 516 (58.1%)
- 3398 YDS (6.6 YPA)
- 20 TD
- 13 INT
- 80.4 RTG
- 37 RUSH ATT
- 152 YDS (4.1 YPA)
- 1 RUSH TD
- 4 FUM, 2 FUM LOST

Cincinnati was the 6th seed at 9-7.

Newton
- 16 GP, 16 GS
- 310 - 517 (60.0%)
- 4051 YDS (7.8 YPA)
- 21 TD
- 17 INT
- 84.5 RTG
- 126 RUSH ATT
- 706 YDS (5.6 YPA)
- 14 RUSH TD
- 5 FUM, 2 FUM LOST

Carolina did not make the playoffs at 6-10.

Very similar stats, very different records. Even though Newton outplayed Dalton, Cam's Panthers were home for the holidays.

It takes some lucky bounces. Had the Chargers and Broncos each won one more game, they'd be in the playoffs and the Bengals would be at home. Had Tennessee not folded like a lawn chair in Indianapolis in Week 15, the Bengals would be out.

In short, it takes an incredible spin of luck for a rookie QB to make the playoffs. I've been a Redskins and Cavaliers fan too long to believe luck favors my teams.
phillybul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals had a favorable schedule whereas Wash does not. Wash schedule is tough not only in division but teams like Falcons, Steelers, Ravens and even the Bengals will be in front of RGIII. If Wash had a favorable schedule I wouldnt rule it out. Unfortunately they dont. Good luck, i'm a big fan of RGIII and bittersweet he is a Redskin. Crying or Very sad
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
Bengals had a favorable schedule whereas Wash does not. Wash schedule is tough not only in division but teams like Falcons, Steelers, Ravens and even the Bengals will be in front of RGIII. If Wash had a favorable schedule I wouldnt rule it out. Unfortunately they dont. Good luck, i'm a big fan of RGIII and bittersweet he is a Redskin. Crying or Very sad

No offense, but how do you know the Redskins do not have a "favorable" schedule? What teams did last year has absolutely 0 direct affect on what happens this year. I doubt people thought last year that the Colts would be such a bad team. But anyway, who says the Ravens will be good? The Steelers will be good? The Browns will be bad? Strength of schedule based off LAST year's standings is absolutely asinine.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
phillybul wrote:

No offense, but how do you know the Redskins do not have a "favorable" schedule? What teams did last year has absolutely 0 direct affect on what happens this year. I doubt people thought last year that the Colts would be such a bad team. But anyway, who says the Ravens will be good? The Steelers will be good? The Browns will be bad? Strength of schedule based off LAST year's standings is absolutely asinine.

Exactly,we prove every year we can compete within division. Theres no guarantee that the key players on these teams will play at the same level or even be healthy after preseason. No one can ever predict what teams will do what,they can only GUESS. NO ONE picked the Cards to go to the SB as well as the Seahawks when they went...the NFC is ALWAYS up for grabs.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
phillybul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
phillybul wrote:

Colts lost Manning. It was easy to determine their fate.

And asking whether the Ravens or Steelers will be good is hilarious. I'll take that as a defensive Skins fan reply. Whatever
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
phillybul wrote:

And asking whether the Ravens or Steelers will be good is hilarious. I'll take that as a defensive Skins fan reply. Whatever

It was purely hypothetical. I'm not being defensive at all. I'm not saying the Ravens or Steelers won't be good, but there's no way to know for sure. That you can't deny. Now don't bother trying to troll here.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw something on hogs heaven where someone predicted 7-9. I'd say that's about right. Anywhere from 6 to 9 wins is what we will have on the year.

Redskins Hog Heaven reported predictionmachine.com's 2012 projection for the Washington Redskins yesterday, along with a Q&A with statmaster Paul Bessire who simulated the entire NFL season. Today,...

http://www.redskinshogheaven.com/2012-articles/august/breaking-down-the-redskins-seven-win-seven-win-season.html

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
phillybul wrote:

Exactly,we prove every year we can compete within division. Theres no guarantee that the key players on these teams will play at the same level or even be healthy after preseason. No one can ever predict what teams will do what,they can only GUESS. NO ONE picked the Cards to go to the SB as well as the Seahawks when they went...the NFC is ALWAYS up for grabs.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
phillybul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
phillybul wrote:

It was purely hypothetical. I'm not being defensive at all. I'm not saying the Ravens or Steelers won't be good, but there's no way to know for sure. That you can't deny. Now don't bother trying to troll here.

You were being defensive because you figured "he's an eagles fan trolling". Which couldnt be further from the truth. Another poster showed the difference between Dalton and Newtons seasons. One team went to playoffs, the other team didnt. Daltons Bengals had a favorable schedule. That you cant deny. Wash Redskins schedule is brutal. Where is the trolling in that remark? Find it. Because while you sit there struggling to do so I can find other Redskins fans saying the schedule isnt too kind. Yet its cool for them to say, but an outsider? MUST BE TROLLING. I simply stated my opinion so feel free to disagree and save me with the childish internet slang of "troll elsewhere". I even stated GOOD LUCK in my post and expressed my fandom of RGIII despite him being a Redskins fan (division rival). But that went over your head completely. So yeah you werent defensive. Rolling Eyes
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
phillybul wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
phillybul wrote:

You were being defensive because you figured "he's an eagles fan trolling". Which couldnt be further from the truth. Another poster showed the difference between Dalton and Newtons seasons. One team went to playoffs, the other team didnt. Daltons Bengals had a favorable schedule. That you cant deny. Wash Redskins schedule is brutal. Where is the trolling in that remark? Find it. Because while you sit there struggling to do so I can find other Redskins fans saying the schedule isnt too kind. Yet its cool for them to say, but an outsider? MUST BE TROLLING. I simply stated my opinion so feel free to disagree and save me with the childish internet slang of "troll elsewhere". I even stated GOOD LUCK in my post and expressed my fandom of RGIII despite him being a Redskins fan (division rival). But that went over your head completely. So yeah you werent defensive. Rolling Eyes

I never accused you of trolling, good sir. All I said was "Don't bother trying", pretty much saying that if you do, you'll get this thread locked for no good reason. It's probably going to happen anyway because this series of posts is pretty much a useless non-sequitur from the original point. Getting back ONTO the original points, I can honestly say that, yes, I agree with you on the point that the Bengals had an easy schedule. What I can and will deny is that the Redskins' schedule this year is brutal. In my personal opinion, you can only look backward, not forward, when looking at strength of schedule because it is a very poor indicator of how a team will do the following season.

Had a fellow Redskins fan said that our schedule was difficult, I would still say that you don't know for sure because, once again, basing strength of schedule THIS year on LAST year's standings is asinine.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
phillybul wrote:

They have question marks just like the rest of us. Both have question marks on their OL. I think that they will be good but you never know

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: