Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If griffin plays like dalton are we in the playoffs?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If griffin plays like dalton are we in the playoffs?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Maybe, please explain
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: If griffin plays like dalton are we in the playoffs? Reply with quote

Here is Dalton's stat line from last year: 3398 yds, 20 tds, 80.4 rtg

In my discussions with Sassan yesterday and Lavar chimed in, it got me thinking would we be a playoff team if Griffin just had a slightly above average year, statistically speaking. Given the potential dominance of our front 7 on D, and i think we can have a solid running game, if given the carries.

I'd have to say YES!

What do others think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin is not a similar QB to Dalton, other than the fact that they played college football in the same state. Griffin's obviously way more athletic. I'm not sure how many rush yards Dalton had last season, but I can virtually guarantee Griffin will have more. Regardless, I don't see the Redskins making the playoffs this season. 7-9 is reasonable.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Griffin is not a similar QB to Dalton, other than the fact that they played college football in the same state. Griffin's obviously way more athletic. I'm not sure how many rush yards Dalton had last season, but I can virtually guarantee Griffin will have more. Regardless, I don't see the Redskins making the playoffs this season. 7-9 is reasonable.
I do agree 6-10 to 8-8 is where we end up especially because (unlike the bengals last year) we have a brutal schedule, but obviously the chance is there. It's clearly a ceiling with everything going right that the bengals ended up 9-7 and they needed help to get into the playoffs as the 6 seed, I'm just thinking its possible for us, not likely though.

Dalton had 150 rushing yards last year and yeah, I know Griffin will double that easy, double it and realistically quadruple it when it's all said and done with a few tds. That's definitely something Dalton doesn't bring the fear factor of. although, like Gabbert, Locker, and Ponder they are athletic guys who can get out of the pocket and make things happen, more with their arms though than with their legs when out of the pocket.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 can play like Dalton, Newton, Flaco, Big Ben, or T.J Yates (minus his game against the Ravens in the Playoffs) during there rookie seasons and will we be a playoff team or have a record of 9-7 or better. People seem really not to understand how bad Grossman and Beck were. They cost us a lot of games and made way too many mistakes for us to win games at times. The things I look for RG3 to bring most to this team is leadership, less TO's, and more accurate passing all in witch Rex nor Beck had. With those attributes here, there is no question he can be just as good as any QB I named in my opening statement. I'm basically saying we need RG3 to be a game manager and play maker at the right times in games. Throw the ball away when he needs too and run or fit the ball in a tight spot when he has too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
RG3 can play like Dalton, Newton, Flaco, Big Ben, or T.J Yates (minus his game against the Ravens in the Playoffs) during there rookie seasons and will we be a playoff team or have a record of 9-7 or better. People seem really not to understand how bad Grossman and Beck were. They cost us a lot of games and made way too many mistakes for us to win games at times. The things I look for RG3 to bring most to this team is leadership, less TO's, and more accurate passing all in witch Rex nor Beck had. With those attributes here, there is no question he can be just as good as any QB I named in my opening statement. I'm basically saying we need RG3 to be a game manager and play maker at the right times in games. Throw the ball away when he needs too and run or fit the ball in a tight spot when he has too.
The only game manager you named was tj Yates in your statement, but the rest of your statement I agree with.
TKellion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all have such little faith.I voted no because Griffin is better than Dalton and I expect more from him.I say we will be a playoff team 10 - 6 or better.Plus Griffin will challenge the #s that Newton put up with Carolina last season.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
You all have such little faith.I voted no because Griffin is better than Dalton and I expect more from him.I say we will be a playoff team 10 - 6 or better.Plus Griffin will challenge the #s that Newton put up with Carolina last season.
I think he could also, but that wasn't the question. I do admire the optimism though and I agree he'll get near or over 4,000 because Grossman/Beck did...

So I'll put you down for a yes Question Laughing Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish the no's would comment... Cowards! Laughing
spoiler41

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If RG3 makes it through the season without a injury, I think we could possibly make a wild card spot.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:

I highly doubt he puts up better numbers than Cam. He's good but he is not the runner Cam is.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
TKellion wrote:

I highly doubt he puts up better numbers than Cam. He's good but he is not the runner Cam is.
Outside of Steve Smith though we do have better receiving options and Griffin in a more accurate passer. I agree, not in rush yards or definitely not rush tds but there is a chance (albeit small) he throws for more yards and more tds.
ovfd55

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only ONE Question

If RG3 plays like Dalton,Who plays AJ Green?
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovfd55 wrote:
only ONE Question

Moss/Garcon/Hankerson/Davis/Helu/Cooley combined. It's clear we dont have that one playmaker as a AJ Green, but we do have guy's who clearly can get the job done just as well as a Green together.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
ovfd55 wrote:
only ONE Question

Moss/Garcon/Hankerson/Davis/Helu/Cooley combined. It's clear we dont have that one playmaker as a AJ Green, but we do have guy's who clearly can get the job done just as well as a Green together.
This is true, we don't have an elite WR but we have 4 good WR's and 2 good tight ends. We have a quantity of good players there, they have the quality of one elite WR though as does Cam Newton.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish those who say No would comment and give reason why. For the last couple of years it's been the QB position that has held us back the most from making the Playoffs, and with RG3 or any QB putting up those type of number's here I don't see how we dont make the playoffs. Let's not forget we have a hell of a D that would go along with this offense.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: