Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Jerry Jones(0-1) @ Titans(1-0)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will we be 2-0 after this game?
Yes!!!!
91%
 91%  [ 21 ]
No!!!
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Week 2 GDT: Jerry Jones(0-1) @ Titans(1-0) Reply with quote

When: Sunday, September 14, 1pm ET
Where: LP Field
Last Meeting: Titans win 34-27(October 10, 2010)

This guy is their starting MLB.

What To Watch For:

1.) Was last weeks defense a fluke or are they legit? We played a blah KC offense without their best WR in Bowe. They executed the gameplan of shutting Charles down but this week they have a much bigger test with a real good offense. No keying on the run because Romo and all the weapons are legit when on point.

2.) Can the OL cut back on penalties and getting Locker killed? OL was horrible in pass-pro against the Chiefs and I'm pretty sure everyone of the starters had a penalty(some even had two). We're not exactly facing a great DL or even a defense.

3.) Will BWW and Coty have another good game against good WRs? Terrence Williams and Cole Beasley are two up-and-coming receivers who could give us fits. Hopefully McCourty matches up on Dez all game because I don't trust the other two to stop him. Can't necessarily double Dez because Williams is a very good player.

4.) Can we stop Witten? Always had issues with TEs and Kelce beat us a couple times yesterday. Witten isn't as athletic as he once was but he's still IMO a very good TE. Guys like Pollard and Gooden need to be ready.

Fun Fact: Titans haven't started the season 2-0 since 2008.

Injury Report/Suspensions
Titans
- ILB Zach Brown - Out for season(Torn Pectoral)

Jerry Jones
- LB Justin Durant - Out
- CB Orlando Scandrick - Out(Suspended)
- LB Sean Lee - Out

Last edited by ttitansfan4life on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're a good, playoff caliber team, there is no reason we should not dominate this game. I was gonna put a "beat them by" limit, but SF dominated last week and the score only ended up being an 11 point win, but we all know it was a lot worse of a beating than that.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 3 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/54.2 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
2014 Stats - 3 Games/5 QB Hurries Allowed/6.0 YPC When ran behind
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Francisco was beating them 21-0 halfway through the 1st quarter with around 90 seconds in their time of possession. Final score was 28-17.

I do expect us to win, but I think a lot of people are going to sleep on this game because of how terrible Romo was last week. I do not think he is a good QB because he can play so poorly at times, but the problem is he can easily play the role of spolier and just randomly catch fire and throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs. Not to mention Murray had 118 yards and 5.4 ypc against a 49ers defense that is typically stout against the run. If the 'Boys would have stuck with a run first approach in the first quarter that game would have been much closer down the stretch.

I want to see us converting more of our drives into TDs rather than field goals and keep up the 3rd down percentage on both sides of the ball.

27-20 Titans
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas has too many weapons for me to think that we should control this game. Romo isn't as bad as he looked this week, Demarco Murray, when healthy, is a very good running back and obviously Dez Bryant, Jason Witten and Terrence Williams are all better receiving options than what we saw with Kansas City. Unless they hand us turnovers like they did SF, this is going to be a challenge. Their defense is bad enough that I'd like to think we'll win this game, but not super confident.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Dallas has too many weapons for me to think that we should control this game. Romo isn't as bad as he looked this week, Demarco Murray, when healthy, is a very good running back and obviously Dez Bryant, Jason Witten and Terrence Williams are all better receiving options than what we saw with Kansas City. Unless they hand us turnovers like they did SF, this is going to be a challenge. Their defense is bad enough that I'd like to think we'll win this game, but not super confident.

Yeah, I highly doubt Dallas looks like as much of a mess as they did against the 49ers. I know our secondary did a great job on Sunday, but they were facing nobodies. This will be a much, much more difficult test for them, especially BWW and Sensabaugh.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their pass blocking was awful, Romo was awful and their D is all-time bad.

If Romo bounces back then sure, it could end up a closer game, but even with him playing well, as bad as their D is, it should be a double digit win, again, if we want to seriously contend this year.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 3 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/54.2 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. We did win, but it was a very vanilla Chiefs team. I think Dallas will come in here and try and establish the run early and unfortunately i think that they will. I believe we will have more difficulty containing Demarco than we did Charles, which is hard to believe. However i think it is very important for us to take an early lead and make Romo and the offense play from behind. I really want to come out and take this game however i just can't be confident that we will stop the run.

I think this game will come down to whichever team scores first, as they will be able to dictate the tempo.

My guess unfortunately is Cowboys win 23-17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

If Romo bounces back then sure, it could end up a closer game, but even with him playing well, as bad as their D is, it should be a double digit win, again, if we want to seriously contend this year.

This is the comment of a true titans fan lol Very Happy Very Happy

You are setting yourself up for disappointment. Yeah Dallas looked bad last week but they will not look that bad this week, and to assume we automatically need to beat them by 10+ if we want to be taken seriously is nonsense. Good teams struggle to put teams away all the time, its the NFL. All that matters is that you win the game, not how pretty it is. We are not Denver, San Fran, or Seattle, therefore to expect that we blow teams out is really setting yourself up for disappointment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

You are setting yourself up for disappointment. Yeah Dallas looked bad last week but they will not look that bad this week, and to assume we automatically need to beat them by 10+ if we want to be taken seriously is nonsense. Good teams struggle to put teams away all the time, its the NFL. All that matters is that you win the game, not how pretty it is. We are not Denver, San Fran, or Seattle, therefore to expect that we blow teams out is really setting yourself up for disappointment.

I have a different view of Dallas than most people, I guess. I view them as a 3-4 win team, if that much. Have all off-season. Romo coming off of another back surgery, doing absolutely nothing to fix their awful defense(in fact, they let it get worse) and Garrett is a clueless head coach.

Murray, Smith, Dez and Witten are the only players on their team that actually scare me, and 2 of those(Dez and Witten) are more or less eliminated when Romo is playing awful.

I'm not saying we should go out there and win by 40 points. I'm just saying we should be in control of the game from start to finish, IF we're a contender.

I know even great teams struggle with bad ones from time to time, but if we want to establish ourselves as a good to great team we have to control games like this, ESPECIALLY with it at home. LP Field can turn in to a true home field advantage for us for the first time since 2008 IF we beat the Cowboys in convincing fashion.

I hate putting so much in to a week 2 football game, and I'm well aware that beating them convincingly doesn't guarantee we're gonna be really good, nor would losing(or just barely beating) to them mean our season is lost, I just think this is as important of an early season game as you can have. Football is such a mental sport. Convincingly beat the Chiefs and Cowboys(as bad as they are this year, IMO, they're still a big name team)? That really builds the thought that you can beat anyone, and it also gets your fans to start thinking that way, which ties back in to the home field advantage aspect.

I think it's fair to say I'm a realist as a football fan. I don't get too high over wins and I don't get too low over losses, even to a fault sometimes, cause I wasn't sure if firing Munchak was the best move for us given how we started 3-1 the year before, and obviously that(firing him) was the right choice. I'm a very conservative person when it comes to my thoughts in regards to this sport, but I feel very strongly about this.

This being a win could end up meaning so much to this football team and it's fan support. We win this game, split our next two road games @ Cinci and @ Indy and we're looking really good going forward. We can make something of this season, and a huge part of that is winning Sunday in a big way.

#1CB Jason McCourty
LT Michael Roos
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

I have a different view of Dallas than most people, I guess. I view them as a 3-4 win team, if that much. Have all off-season. Romo coming off of another back surgery, doing absolutely nothing to fix their awful defense(in fact, they let it get worse) and Garrett is a clueless head coach.

Murray, Smith, Dez and Witten are the only players on their team that actually scare me, and 2 of those(Dez and Witten) are more or less eliminated when Romo is playing awful.

I'm not saying we should go out there and win by 40 points. I'm just saying we should be in control of the game from start to finish, IF we're a contender.

I know even great teams struggle with bad ones from time to time, but if we want to establish ourselves as a good to great team we have to control games like this, ESPECIALLY with it at home. LP Field can turn in to a true home field advantage for us for the first time since 2008 IF we beat the Cowboys in convincing fashion.

I hate putting so much in to a week 2 football game, and I'm well aware that beating them convincingly doesn't guarantee we're gonna be really good, nor would losing(or just barely beating) to them mean our season is lost, I just think this is as important of an early season game as you can have. Football is such a mental sport. Convincingly beat the Chiefs and Cowboys(as bad as they are this year, IMO, they're still a big name team)? That really builds the thought that you can beat anyone, and it also gets your fans to start thinking that way, which ties back in to the home field advantage aspect.

I think it's fair to say I'm a realist as a football fan. I don't get too high over wins and I don't get too low over losses, even to a fault sometimes, cause I wasn't sure if firing Munchak was the best move for us given how we started 3-1 the year before, and obviously that(firing him) was the right choice. I'm a very conservative person when it comes to my thoughts in regards to this sport, but I feel very strongly about this.

This being a win could end up meaning so much to this football team and it's fan support. We win this game, split our next two road games @ Cinci and @ Indy and we're looking really good going forward. We can make something of this season, and a huge part of that is winning Sunday in a big way.

Great Response, I can totally agree with what you are saying. A win for our team would be huge. To start 2-0 would be great and i think it is a very real possibility, just have to key in on the Dallas run game which in my opinion is very underrated.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very confident that we'll handle them convincingly much like the Chiefs. You all need to realize one thing. It's not so much about the talent level that we have on the field, it's the fact that we finally have a real coaching staff that knows how to utilize the talent we have. This is not the same crap we've been suffering through for the past 15 years. We're not keeping outdated underachieving veterans locked in the starting spots, while young better talent is wasting away on the bench. We're not running weak passive schemes where defenders are playing 50 yards off the ball, and even the sorriest of QBs can pick us apart like before. And we have coaches that are holding players accountable for their production or there lack of. Yes it's still up to the players to execute the gameplan, but our coaching is what will beat the 'Boys. They will be greatly outcoached because Jason Garret is weak, plain and simple. At least that's my take on it.

37 - 14 Titans win!!!

titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Titans fan, I'm just never going to be confident in us coming out and controlling a game. Even if we just did against the Chiefs, I've seen us struggle too many times to fully buy into a dominating win. Though yes, I think we will, and should, beat Dallas.

I'll go with 31-24.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, watching that Chargers offense tonight, I think they're already missing Whiz quite a bit.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think too many people in here are over confident for this game this actually reminds me when we beat Dallas in 10 an how ampt everyone was for the SD game the following week and then we lost. Granted different team but still not many people in here giving Dallas credit. If Dallas doesn't turn the ball over 4 times it's a lot closer game. This will be a tough game they have a lot of weapons. Witten will be a match up problem and BWW will have his work cut out for him with Williams. But with all that said I still think we win in a close one because I'm not a believer in that Dallas Def an I'm more confident in our offense to manage this game an eat clock an score points

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ready to make a prediction on this game, as obviously Dallas' O can be much, much scarier than it was.

That said, I think we saw the "super lite zero calorie" version of what our offense can be against KC

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: