Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dionysus - Mock 2.0: The Mularkey Plan...I Guess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Dionysus - Mock 2.0: The Mularkey Plan...I Guess Reply with quote

This mock is what I believe they’ll do if they don’t go the route I’m hoping. And if they went this way, I'd be cool with it.
We trade the #1 spot with the 49ers for their 2nd, 4th, and 2017 1st round picks. Not really sure how the value of these picks work, but that's what I got.
I and several others fell in love with Jalen Ramsey, others want Joey Bosa, and NFL experts believe we should take Laremy Tunsil. The FO and coaching staff made it perfectly clear that protecting Mariota and making this run-based offense is priority #1 above all else. So it only makes sense (at least to me) that FA and a larger portion of this draft will favor the offense, and we’ll go with an immediate impact player to start. They'll make sure he's protected and find him some weapons.

CUT (Key Releases)
FS – Michael Griffin
CB – BWW
ILB – Zach Brown
CB – Coty Sensabaugh
RB – Dexter McCluster

FA TARGETS (Key Signings)
RT – Mitchell Schwartz
OC – Stefen Wisniewski
CB – Trumaine Johnson

2016 DRAFT
1 – Ezekiel Elliot, RB (Ohio State)
We need a featured RB that will scare a defense, and this guy qualifies. There will be no stopgap RB buying time for a future draft that they may or may not get because they want their guy NOW, and he is it. Pairing Elliot with Mariota in the backfield should give DCs nightmares for years to come.

2 – Cody Whitehair, OG (Kansas State)
You can never have too many quality players on the O-line, and Lord knows we need all we can get. Now that we have the OTs locked up, and a veteran OC, we need to continue the upgrade. This kid should come in and own the LG spot, leaving Warmack to step his game up at RG.

2 – Emmanuel Ogbah, DE (Oklahoma State)
The kid is still a bit raw and gradually learning, but very disruptive. Having him on the D-line with Casey, with Orakpo and Morgan coming off the edges will wreak havoc on an offense. IMO this guy will be a beast in LeBeau's system.

3 – Nick Vannett, TE (Ohio State)
I know people would rather take a WR here, but in this offense, a TE makes more sense. We will use a lot of TE sets, so we need to get some new blood at the position. With Walker and Stevens pretty much being locks, while Supernaw is still in his youth and play ST, Anthony Fasano could be the odd man out with this addition. Much like Stevens, Vannett was mostly used as an inline blocker, but he also has pass catching ability that we can take advantage of. Elliot will love having his college teammate join him at the next level.

4 – Scooby Wright, ILB (Arizona)
This guy is a natural football player. He has great instincts, quick reaction and very tenacious. Might be some questions about his past knee injury, but it shouldn’t be much off an issue. At the very least, he would be good depth threatening for the starting spot. He may not even last to the 4th.

4 – Sean Davis, FS/CB (Maryland)
He’s not Jalen Ramsey, but he still should fit right in based on what we’re looking for. He’s a smart, physical, instinctive player. He has good coverage, good in run support, and unlike Griffin, he can actually tackle. Also a solid “tweener” who’s good at forcing fumbles. This dude got some “dog” in him, and a 4th round steal IMO.

5 – Geronimo Allison, WR (Illinois)
A quality depth steal with good size and downfield play ability to both catch and block. He’s also a development project that can be coached up to vie for a starting spot in the rotation. He should put Hunter on notice if Robiskie can't help him step up his game after 3 years.

6 – Jakeem Grant, WR (Texas Tech)
He’s only 5’6 at 161lbs, but he’s that gamechanger we’ve been needing. He can easily replace McCluster on returns and gadget plays, and add more explosion to the offense. I've had the pleasure of watching him for a while, and want to see even more of him in two-tone blue. If he's still there, take him. Mariota would love him.
Here's a sample...
https://youtu.be/WxZoXz8FYsg

7 – Travis Green, RB (Bowling Green)
Yes, I’m doubling down on the RB spot in the draft. I believe this kid would make a good change-of-pace RB and upgraded depth at the position. He can compete with Cobb and Sankey for the backup spot to Elliot. This addition would pretty much oust any one of the current RBs should he earn a spot. I only caught a sample of him a few times, but I liked what I saw.
Here's a sample...
https://youtu.be/ZiXV3plV3tE

Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind taking a RB, but at #1 that would hurt. Will suck if that's what we're after and we're not able to trade down to at least 5.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliot at 1??? Good god I hope not Laughing

I love Elliot. I think he's a stud and if we trade down outside of the top 5 I'd be okay with it... But next years RB class is just so good... I really rather sign someone and wait to draft a RB high next year..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, before anybody makes another response...you guys do realize that I said we're trading out of the #1 spot with the 49ers, right? Which means we'll be at the #7 spot, and we'll get their 2nd and 4th round picks, along with their 2017 1st round pick. So let's be clear on that.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
OK, before anybody makes another response...you guys do realize that I said we're trading out of the #1 spot with the 49ers, right? Which means we'll be at the #7 spot, and we'll get their 2nd and 4th round picks, along with their 2017 1st round pick. So let's be clear on that.

My fault. I didn't even read the top tbh Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:

Saw that. I like the trade and the Zeke pick. Also like the FA signings. I'm not sure where you have Ogbah(who to me is blah) playing.... 5-Tech DE? OLB? You mention seeing the field with Morgan and Orakpo so I'm guessing 5-Tech DE which would get him eaten alive at his size. Our run D would be even worse. He'd me to bulk up big time and that runs the risk of him losing his athleticism. Whitehair pick is solid. I actually like picking a TE but just not high on Vannett especially that high. I was a fan of Wright before his injury but his athleticism was already pretty blah. However in the 4th, can't really complain. He's definitely something special on inside blitzes through the A gaps. Davis pick is solid as we need better depth. The rest are just kind of throw away picks to me. Two WRs and a RB who will likely never play. Those two WRs likely will never play over the bums we have now. If we plan on adding to the WR group, I think it'll be some solid vet on someone in the first 3 rounds. The 6th is a little better because of KR duties. 5th and 7th could've went to DBs because hell, we need all the help we can get there. Overall I'd give it B and for the most part, I'd be ok with this.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about this rookie class yet but I will say I like Zeke. So I would definitely be all aboard getting him with 3 extra picks.
tntitans4life17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Elliot and I think he will be a good player in the NFL, but I just don't like us taking a RB in the first round, especially in the top 10 picks, even top 20 picks. It's nothing against Elliot, but I just feel like we need to look at impact players at other positions. If we address the OL position, we can be successful with a RB via FA or even a later round draft pick, or a combo of both.

I really want Ramsey and if we can't have him, I want Tunsil. And if we trade down to 7 with SF or somewhere around there, I would like either Alexander or Buckner. (And we better have addressed OL in FA if that happens)

I just think we get much better value for a top 10 pick with a guy like Tunsil/Ramsey/Bosa/Buckner than with an RB. Especially in today's NFL.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliot would the dream scenario for us at RB i think. He would be the back Murlarkey would love in his offense.

That said, I don't we can afford to do RB with our first round pick. I'd love the pick if that's what we were to do, but I do think we could get more bang for our 1st round pick.

I like the FA pick ups.

I'm not a fan of how you addressed the WR spot. No FA signings. We are pretty much going into the season with Wright, DGB, Douglas and Hunter as WRs. You wait until the 5th round to pick a WR. I don't know if we could expect anything from 5th and 6th round WR picks.

We'd be really banking on Robiskie to improve the bunch and I'm not willing to bank on that. We need at the least a FA and draft pick before the 4th round at WR.

I'm assuming we'd cut some people at RB too. Sankey, Elliot, Cobb, and Green would be excess. I know many assume Sankey is gone, but I still think they find a place for him.

My favorite pick of all these would be Scooby Wright. This draft class lacks name recognition and sizzle, but it's solid and addresses a lot of trouble spots.

#BringJalenHome
Zantku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Zeke but a first round..... Really can't say I like it but I don't like it either. However we have Pottasium moving to guard, take Corey Coleman there instead. If we are getting a tightend I would rather pick up Jake Mcgee. The rest just get a nose tackle.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Elliot would the dream scenario for us at RB i think. He would be the back Murlarkey would love in his offense.

That said, I don't we can afford to do RB with our first round pick. I'd love the pick if that's what we were to do, but I do think we could get more bang for our 1st round pick.

If Robinson and Mularkey feels he's THE guy for this offense and he lives up to the hype, then no pick is too high. But I'd love to get more picks than I listed for trading back.

KingTitan wrote:

I'm not a fan of how you addressed the WR spot. No FA signings. We are pretty much going into the season with Wright, DGB, Douglas and Hunter as WRs. You wait until the 5th round to pick a WR. I don't know if we could expect anything from 5th and 6th round WR picks.

We'd be really banking on Robiskie to improve the bunch and I'm not willing to bank on that. We need at the least a FA and draft pick before the 4th round at WR.

This is the reason why I think WR won't be much of an offseason priority. They'll keep Wright on board, and expect big things from DGB. Plus I'm sure they'll expect a Harry Douglas revival reuniting with Robiskie, along with Hunter and McBride emerging. Any addition of new WRs to the roster (if any) will be a low investment.

KingTitan wrote:

I'm assuming we'd cut some people at RB too. Sankey, Elliot, Cobb, and Green would be excess. I know many assume Sankey is gone, but I still think they find a place for him.

Andrews and McCluster would be the casualties in this case.

But this is all speculation based on new the team direction we've been told.

ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Elliot... but is he really worth the 7th overall pick? Where would he rank next year with the likes of Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, and Perine all eligible to come out (as well as a couple of other very good dark horse candidates)?

Just like many feel that there are options at RT in FA to get us through... I feel there are plenty of options at RB in FA to get us through the year (Miller, Ivory, Forte, Morris, Foster... even further down the list with guys like Hillman, Starks, Powell [and even an unlikely candidate in CJ]).

As for WR, if we're not expected to go Treadwell in the 1st (an unlikely scenario, as much as I'm hoping for it), they need to focus on one of the better options of the available FA's. Wright is the closest thing we have to a proven player, and he's entering the last year of his rookie contract. I'm not sure if he'll be back... a lot depends on this year, and what he thinks he's worth. DGB is still unproven (even if we're hopeful), and Douglas/Hunter are nothing more than depth players. Jones, Matthews, Randle, and Benjamin all offer interesting options and upgrades... although none of them are #1 options.

Overall, I hope they add some veterans to our very young offense... and add some youth to our veteran defense.
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Overall, I hope they add some veterans to our very young offense... and add some youth to our veteran defense.

I think that is what we will see happen for the most part. Kind of like the opposite of last season where we went D in FA and then mostly O in the draft. Could see us going O in FA for the most part and a mostly D filled draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: