Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ttitans Mock Draft V.2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Ttitans Mock Draft V.2 Reply with quote

Mock V.2. Went a little different direction this time. Last mock I went with a QB in the 2nd with Winston. I'm choosing to roll with Mett while building the team around him. As everyone knows, we have A LOT of needs so it is a little hard to fill all those needs in one offseason but I definitely tried to. Some position changes of note, are Marqueston Huff to FS. I've been thinking this all season. I like his coverage skills as a CB but I think he do much better as a FS. I mean he can't be worse than Griffin right? Laughing Huff has played safety in college as well so it's not all new to him. Plus with Wilson gone, we could use that rover DB in Huff.

Resignings
FB/RB - Jackie Battle - 1 yr Deal - Good SPT and doesn't cost much.
DL - Karl Klug - 3 yr Deal - Klug was been solid in his roll as a PR speciliast. Can't see him commanding big time money so resigning him shouldn't be difficult.
OLB - Quentin Groves - 1 yr Deal - Good SPT and provides decent depth off the bench for a couple snaps a game.
K - Ryan Succop - 2 yr Deal - Haven't really had much of a chance to see him this year as we're hardly in the redzone. Only kickers available that would be an upgrade Tucker and Gostkowki and they're for sure being resigned.
P - Brett Kern - 3 yr Deal - Kern has been a pretty decent punter for us. No reason in not resigning him.
LS - Beau Brinkley - Long snapper so it definitely won't break the bank.

Released/Retired/Not Resigned
QB - Jake Locker
RB - Shonn Greene
RB - Leon Washington
WR - Derek Hagan
WR - Nate Washington
WR - Kris Durham
TE - Craig Stevens
TE - Chase Coffman
TE - Richard Gordon
TE - Brett Brackett
OT - Michael Roos
OT - Michael Oher
OT - Byron Stingily
OT - Terren Jones
OT - Will Svitek
OG - Andy Levitre
OL - Chris Spencer
OL - Eric Olsen
DL - Mike Martin
DT - Sammie Hill
OLB - Kamerion Wimbley
OLB - Kaelin Barnett
OLB - Dontay Moch
OLB - Justin Staples
ILB - Colin McCarthy
CB - Brandon Harris
CB - Jemea Thomas
FS - Michael Griffin
DB - George Wilson

Free Agent Signings
Rodney Hudson - OC - 5 yr Deal - Really good young center which we desperately lack. Schwenke is not a OC. The guy gets pushed back instantly. Probably be better served as a OG. Hudson has been one of the best centers in the league. KC has some other guys to worry about this offseason like Houston so Hudson might not be in their plans.

Jake Long - OT - 1 yr Deal - Long is coming off a torn ACL and this will be a 1 yr prove it deal to play RT. I feel the Rams will be cleaning house this off-season specifically on offense with injury prone ridiculous contracts like Bradford and Long. Sure it's a risk but I'd rather go with Long who's still got at least 4-5 years left in him(assuming he stays healthy) over a bum like Oher.

Kendrick Ellis - NT - 3 yr Deal - Guy has been stuck behind arguably the best NT in the NFL in Damon Harrison. Ellis has shined especially in the run game when give his opportunities. He wants to start which is why I see him leaving the Jets. He'll be starting but best believe Jones will get PT as well.

Buster Skrine - CB - 3 yr Deal - Horton is familiar with him and Skrine has been a solid player since he entered the NFL. He won't be starting in Cleveland with Haden and Gilbert so he comes here for a chance to start. Will battle with BWW and Sensabaugh. Adding a CB with experience on the outside and in nickel was a priority of mine. Guys like Brandon Harris and Brandon Ghee should never see the field.

Jermaine Kearse - 2 yr Deal - Kearse has been a nice weapon for Seattle and Seattle has some big contracts coming up that they have to pay so Kearse might be available. Luring him away from Seattle might be a little tough mainly because he's from that area. Can't see him commanding a big deal though. Comes in and can play in slot or outside and improves WR depth.

I see us losing out as well as the Bucs so we end up with the 2nd pick. Bucs take Mariota with the first pick.
NFL Draft
1st(2) - Randy Gregory - OLB - Nebraska

We all know our biggest need is OLB. Gregory is the best OLB/PR in this draft. To run a successful 34, you need an outside PR. Casey can't do it on his own. Gregory would instantly improve our D.

2nd - Shawn Oakman - OLB/DL - Baylor

Oakman is physical freak. 6'8 280LB who likely will run a 4.7 or so. Oakman IMO can play OLB or 34 DE if needed. He's still raw which is why I have him dropping. I've noticed our front 7 lacks tall players. I know some of you might say, why does that matter? Well how many tipped passes do we have? Not very many. Adding a 6'6 Gregory and 6'8 Oakman who both have great athleticism will help a lot in PR and tipped balls leading to possible picks.

3rd - Todd Gurley - RB - Georgia

Gurley is interesting. Some may say no way he falls this far. However, coming off a torn ACL, he definitely could. He may not even be ready by the time next season comes around. If not, he can redshirt for the whole year for all I care. All I know, is he's easily the most talented RB in this years draft. He's the type of RB that will run you over but still has the speed to outrun you. I like Sankey but lets be honest, he needs to be in 2 RB system for it to work. Both will spell each other well IMO.

4th - Durrell Eskridge - FS - Syracuse

Eskridge is one of those tall lanky safeties with long arms. He isn't someone who's going to lay the boom. Needs to work on keeping his head up when tackling because that won't work in the NFL. Guy will definitely make plays though. Won't start right away but will make his way on the field eventually.

5th - Phillip Dorsett - WR - The U

Had him in my last mock and for good reason. He's a one trick pony but that trick is definitely valuable. He will take the top off the defense. We currently have no one to do that. Hunter was supposed to be that but Laughing Not giving up on Hunter yet but another bad year and he should be gone. Dorsett will never be a great WR or anything like that but catching a couple deep balls a year is definitely valuable. He definitely will take some players out of the box because you have to respect his speed. If he works on his route running, he'd be a very good WR. That's been said for 4 years though....

6th - Jon Feliciano - OG - The U

Can't you tell I'm a Canes fan Laughing I've always like Feliciano as a player. Maybe it's his versatiliy. Guy has literally played every position on the OL except center I believe. His best position is playing OG. Doesn't have the quickness of a elite OG prospect but he definitely won't be put on his [inappropriate/removed] like Levitre. I expect Feliciano and Schwenke to compete at RG while Warmack moves back to his natural LG position.

6th - Wes Saxton - TE - South Alabama

Kind of an under the radar player. Not your typical on-line TE but will stretch the field when needed. Saxton has legit 4.5 speed with soft hands. He can play slot or lineup in the backfield when needed. Following the path of Delanie Walker and learning from him could do wonders for Saxton in the future.

2015 Depth Chart
QB: Zach Mettenberger, Clipboard Jesus
RB: Bishop Sankey, Todd Gurley, Dexter McCluster, Antonio Andrews
FB: Jackie Battle
WR: Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter
WR: Jermaine Kearse, Phillip Dorsett
TE: Delanie Walker, Taylor Thompson, Wes Saxton
LT: Taylor Lewan
LG: Chance Warmack
C: Rodney Hudson, Gabe Ikard
RG: Brian Schwenke/Jon Feliciano
RT: Jake Long

DE: Jurrell Casey, Karl Klug
NT: Kendrick Ellis, DaQuan Jones
DE: Ropati Pitoitua, Al Woods
OLB: Derrick Morgan, Quentin Groves
ILB: Zach Brown, Zavier Gooden
ILB: Avery Williamson, Wesley Woodyard
OLB: Randy Gregory, Shawn Oakman(also plays on DL)
CB: Jason McCourty, Coty Sensabaugh
CB: Buster Skrine, BWW
FS: Marqueston Huff, Durell Eskridge
SS: Bernard Pollard, Daimion Stafford
K: Ryan Succop
P: Brett Kern
LS: Bean Brinkley
RS: Dexter McCluster, Bishop Sankey

Critique away!!!

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the possibility of being some big Free Agents out there this year. I think we aim at some of those guys.

Tommy Smith has to see this franchise is on the brink of Jaguars-ness. Fans need something to care about.

Some guys that are going to be out there that I think we look at?
Eddie Royal- WR
Jordan Cameron- TE
Mike Ilupati- OG
Dan Williams- NT
Jabaal Sheard- OLB

I think we might throw around some stupid money. lol It's going to take something radical to get a true roster overhaul.

The draft:
I like it. I don't know if Oakman last to the 2nd. Based on combine, he might get in the middle 1st.
If we are going RB in the 3rd, and Gurley is there? Ok..not my cup of tea though.

Too much "U"...lol

Smile
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the WR depth. Do like the addition of Kearse, but would like to try to give Nate a cheap deal and keep him around. Although he may be declining, he is still pretty darn consistent and feel we need that type of player on this team still.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:
Don't like the WR depth. Do like the addition of Kearse, but would like to try to give Nate a cheap deal and keep him around. Although he may be declining, he is still pretty darn consistent and feel we need that type of player on this team still.

I think Nate has had enough. I think he will sign for cheap with like Pittsburgh or New England. You know the normal cast of contenders. He got his money now time to get a ring and I don't fault him for it.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMonarch1110 wrote:

Like KT, I think Nate is done here. No way he'd want to come back IMO. Plus you have to remember guys like McCluster and Delanie can line up in the slot.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issues with this are few, but they are:

- Signing Jake Long. He was playing poorly when he was healthy this year and then got hurt again. It doesn't seem to be a question of if he's getting hurt now, but when. Resigning Roos to a 2 or 3 year deal makes much more sense. He's a better player than Long at this point in their careers and the injury this past season is the only major injury he's had in his career, and he's done a fine job in helping tutor Lewan. One of the biggest concerns about Lewan was his temper, but he's played a lot like Roos did in keeping his cool.

Putting Roos at RT helps cover up his declining athleticism, the one problem he had this year.

- Assuming you do for whatever reason want to stick with signing Long, I can not understand the idea at all behind cutting/letting walk all of our OT depth. Keeping Stingily around would be an absolute must if we're gonna be putting Jake Long on the field, cause it'd only be a matter of time before he's out for the season again.

- Amongst the vast majority of crap we've been putting on the field the past couple of weeks, one of the few bright spots has been Chance Warmack's play. Since the Pittsburgh game, he's allowed 0 sacks, 0 hits and only 4 hurries. Day and night compared to his start to this season. I'm not sure if switching line positions from RG to LG would effect him or not, but should we really mess with something that's working, assuming he keeps this up to close out the year?

- Brandon Harris played extremely well Sunday. Obviously it's just one game, but not sure we should write him off as being cut just yet. His game vs the Giants was one of the best games a member of our secondary has played all year according to PFF, grading at +3.0. Their grades obviously mean jack [inappropriate/removed] more often than not, but he passed the eye test as well, making several nice plays throughout the game.

- Al Woods isn't listed as one of the ones being cut, so I assume you just forgot to place him on the depth chart. He's been a solid depth player this year.

But outside of those thinks, I don't mind this too much.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I noticed is that this team is the void of talent. Even with this great draft and decent FA signings, we're still not that good of a team.

I think it's finally dawn on me that this is truly going to be a 2-3 year rebuilding process.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
Justin615$

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty solid. The only thing is we HAVE to get a number 1 receiver.

Also not sure if Huff is any upgrade on Griffin. I would also like to pick up another starting OLB in FA. DE as well. Laughing Cant do it all in one offseason though.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 105 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 4 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 12 TKLS, 0 SACKS
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
My issues with this are few, but they are:

- Signing Jake Long. He was playing poorly when he was healthy this year and then got hurt again. It doesn't seem to be a question of if he's getting hurt now, but when. Resigning Roos to a 2 or 3 year deal makes much more sense. He's a better player than Long at this point in their careers and the injury this past season is the only major injury he's had in his career, and he's done a fine job in helping tutor Lewan. One of the biggest concerns about Lewan was his temper, but he's played a lot like Roos did in keeping his cool.

Putting Roos at RT helps cover up his declining athleticism, the one problem he had this year.

- Assuming you do for whatever reason want to stick with signing Long, I can not understand the idea at all behind cutting/letting walk all of our OT depth. Keeping Stingily around would be an absolute must if we're gonna be putting Jake Long on the field, cause it'd only be a matter of time before he's out for the season again.

- Amongst the vast majority of crap we've been putting on the field the past couple of weeks, one of the few bright spots has been Chance Warmack's play. Since the Pittsburgh game, he's allowed 0 sacks, 0 hits and only 4 hurries. Day and night compared to his start to this season. I'm not sure if switching line positions from RG to LG would effect him or not, but should we really mess with something that's working, assuming he keeps this up to close out the year?

- Brandon Harris played extremely well Sunday. Obviously it's just one game, but not sure we should write him off as being cut just yet. His game vs the Giants was one of the best games a member of our secondary has played all year according to PFF, grading at +3.0. Their grades obviously mean jack [inappropriate/removed] more often than not, but he passed the eye test as well, making several nice plays throughout the game.

- Al Woods isn't listed as one of the ones being cut, so I assume you just forgot to place him on the depth chart. He's been a solid depth player this year.

But outside of those thinks, I don't mind this too much.

Harris is a bum and has been his whole career. Rather get a CB worth a damn like Skrine. Woods is listed on the depth chart at DE.... As far as Warmack, I've just always wanted him on the left side. I always felt he should've been put on the left side and Levitre to RG but I'm guessing with Levitre being the vet, he got to decide. I feel Warmack was more comfortable at LG and RG is usually the weaker one of the two so I chose Schwenke to play there which he played in college I believe. As far as Roos, he'll be 33 next October while Long will be 30. It's a 1 yr prove-it deal with Long. I wanted a good run-blocker on the right side and that's Long. Roos hasn't been a good run-blocker in a couple seasons. Roos is done IMO. I see him retiring tbh. I know you absolutely love him since you defend him until the end no matter what, but that ship has sailed. You talk about mentor to Lewan, well Long is someone Lewan has looked up to since his time at Michigan. As far as the depth, Feliciano can play OT if needed especially RT. Plus it's not that hard to go and sign a OT off the streets. I'm sure Stingily and/or Svitek will be available.

It's going to be very hard to fix this roster in one offseason. It's impossible. We need OL, WR, OLB, both safeties, CB, ILB, etc. I tried to get creative in some aspects like moving Huff, Warmack, and Schwenke to different positions although positions they've played those positions in college. Some players are meant to be stop-gap type players until we find talent to put there(like Long). If Long comes in and proves he can still play, we extend him. If not, we let him go. It's not like we're winning anytime soon so we have to just add talent the best we can like I did at OLB, RB, and CB. It's at least a 2-3 year project.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of doubling down on edge rushers. And with that type of height I worry about him playing with leverage. Especially with a 6'8 "raw" player. If we want another LB I'd rather it be a inside backer. Lets find our Daryl Washington.

Also I feel like 2nd round might be a decent opportunity to address the offense. We could have our pick of RB's and with guys like Gordon, Yeldon, Johnson, Gurly etc. I doubt more than 1 goes round 1. WR's like Jalen Strong or Devante Parker could fall as well. There's Dorial Green Beckham if you want some mystery. Also devin Futchess as a hybrid TE could be intriguing.

As far as FA I hope they break the bank to reunite the McCourty twins. Devin McCourty at FS would be awesome. Doubt he comes available but still.

realistically I see Iupati being a prime candidate for buku bucks. Like your thinking with Hudson though. Another guy I'd consider in round 2 or 3 is Cam Ewing of FSU. His move from LT to center has powered that strong Seminole running attack. Center is a very underrated position

**RIP Steve McNair**
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also QB depth is worrisome. We might go into the off season with the idea that we won't draft a QB but I think it is imperative that we bring in someone who can provide legitimate competition for Mett. Mett has proven he deserves a shot at the job, he has NOT proven he's the man for the job yet however. He should be pushed by a hungry vet.

I like guys like Bradford or Hoyer because they still believe they can start and have some talent. Not to mention they've won games in this league unlike Clipboard. I think signing one of them provides excellent competition for Mett and pushes him to be greater. At worst we have insurance that's better than Charlie Whitehurst.

**RIP Steve McNair**
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoyer's definitely played his way out of a big contract, so that's good, but it wouldn't really be much of a competition. I can't see Mettenberger even being close to losing his job to Hoyer. Bradford would be a better bet if we're going for a truly open QB competition.

Ken Whisenhunt is a terrible coach and needs to be fired.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Also QB depth is worrisome. We might go into the off season with the idea that we won't draft a QB but I think it is imperative that we bring in someone who can provide legitimate competition for Mett. Mett has proven he deserves a shot at the job, he has NOT proven he's the man for the job yet however. He should be pushed by a hungry vet.

I like guys like Bradford or Hoyer because they still believe they can start and have some talent. Not to mention they've won games in this league unlike Clipboard. I think signing one of them provides excellent competition for Mett and pushes him to be greater. At worst we have insurance that's better than Charlie Whitehurst.

I like the idea of Bradford pushing for a job, but I'd think he'd go somewhere where it's clear cut he is in line to start.

But Id be down for Bradford at worst being backup. Bradford/Mett doesn't sound on the surface. we could do worst.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Hoyer's definitely played his way out of a big contract, so that's good, but it wouldn't really be much of a competition. I can't see Mettenberger even being close to losing his job to Hoyer. Bradford would be a better bet if we're going for a truly open QB competition.

Dude Mettenberger hasn't proven that much.

The dude's started like 5 games and hasn't done much outside of toss some scores in garbage time. I would expect Mettenberger to win that competition, but Hoyer is familiar with Whiz from the Arizona days and could gain favor and trust if Mettenberger falters.

**RIP Steve McNair**
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Skrine. I watched him several times at UT-Chattanooga and then with the Browns. He would be a great addition to the secondary.

Like others have said, I'm not too high on drafting two pass rushers in a row when we have so many needs. I could see us taking a TE earlier as well. I don't see Stevens coming back next year and we need more quality depth behind Walker.
Damian Stafford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: