Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ttitans Mock Draft V.1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Ttitans Mock Draft V.1 Reply with quote

Decided to do a little mock offseason since I was bored. Obviously a lot will change with prospects rankings, draft status, our record, etc.

I predict we finish the season like 5-11(maybe win against Washington, Jax again, and maybe once against the Texans) putting us around picking 6th. Mettenberger comes in Week 13 after we're like 4-7. Plays ok but definitely doesn't look great or even good. Gets us 1 win down the stretch.

Resignings
FB - Jackie Battle - 1 Yr Deal
OT - Byron Stingily - 2 Yr Deal
DE - Karl Klug - 3 Yr Deal
S - George Wilson - 1 Yr Deal
P - Brett Kern - 3 Yr Deal
LS - Beau Brinkley - 3 Yr Deal

Released/Not Resigned/Retired
QB - Jake Locker
RB - Leon Washington
RB - Shonn Greene
WR - Derek Hagan
WR - Nate Washington
WR - Kris Durham
TE - Chase Coffman
TE - Taylor Thompson
OT - Michael Roos
OG - Chris Spencer
ILB - Colin McCarthy
OLB - Kamerion Wimbley
OLB - Akeem Ayers
OLB - James Anderson
OLB - Quentin Groves
CB - Brandon Ghee
CB - Brandon Harris
S - Michael Griffin

Free Agent Signings
CB - Brandon Flowers - 2 Yr Deal - Wanted him when the Chiefs cut him. He's had a solid year so far. I think BWW will improve so next year will be a heavy rotation. Coty plays NB while Flowers, McCourty, and BWW all rotate outside. Much better depth with added experience for BWW and adding a solid vet in Flowers.

WR - Cecil Shorts - 2 Yr Deal - Good solid player. Has had injury concerns which is why I think Jacksonville won't resign him. Plus Hurns and Robinson look to be the future. They also have Lee.

2015 NFL Draft
1st - Mariota
2nd - Williams
3rd - Peat
4th - Ogbuhei
5th - Cooper
1st(6th) - Randy Gregory - OLB - Nebraska

We need that dominant outside PR from the OLB position. A lot of the good 3-4 defenses have a good outside PR. We haven't had an affective PR from the outside since probably the KVB days. Casey is our best player and adding another guy like Gregory who can rush the passer will take a lot of pressure off Casey. No more double teaming Casey as much.

2nd - Jameis Winston - QB - Florida State

I've said numerous times he's easily the best QB in the draft. The problem is he's a idiot off the field. He's an immature kid still who just needs to grow up. Whiz has made it apparent, character isn't much of a concern for him so I'm sure he'll try to turn this kid into something. Definitely has the makeup and size of a former QB Whiz used to coach in Burger Boy. He has a weird baseball windup but the kid is still the main reason FSU won the title last year. Take him off that team and their probably hovering around #20 ranking and definitely wouldn't have a title from last season. Drops due to character concerns but Whiz and Co. pounce on him in the 2nd.

3rd - Kurtis Drummond - FS - Michigan State

We need new safeties and after finally getting rid of that bum Griffin, Drummond steps in and takes over. Pollard and Stafford will have a heavy rotation at SS. Michigan State has had a very good defense for sometime now so I think its time to start adding some of their talent. They especially had some good DBs lately with Dennard last year and Waynes and Drummond this year. We need fresh blood at FS after so many horrible years of Griffin. Drummond is a rangy safety who definitely won't look pathetic in tackling like Griffin did.

4th - Phillip Dorsett - WR - Miami

Dorsett is the definition of a burner. His best asset is taking the top off the defense. Hunter was supposed to be that guy and he's starting to be more consistent. Dorsett has legit low 4.3 speed. Guy is an absolute track star. Wouldn't be surprised if he ran in 4.2s. He's a good locker room guy and a hard worker. Miami doesn't really use him much outside of running deep but we have enough underneath guys with the signing of Shorts and already having Wright. Dorsett isn't a possession receiver. He's a big play threat. The weapons continue to build and we'd have 4 solid WRs, a good TE, and should-be good RB in Sankey. Winston would look good with these weapons.

5th - Karlos Williams - RB - Florida State

Williams has had a down year in comparison to all the hype he got in the preseason especially after last season. Also has had to deal with a ankle injury. He replaces Greene as Sankey takes over the reigns as the starter.

6th - Clive Walford - TE - Miami

Yes another Miami player but you guys will like Walford. He'll remind you a lot of Walker actually. Slightly bigger but fits that same mold. Both are good athletes who excel at making big catches at key points in games. I can't believe most of these draft websites have Clive rated so low. I have him projected as a late 4th in a very weak TE draft. The whole Thompson experient hasn't worked and Stevens is nothing more than a blocking TE. Walford will definitely be a solid player for us.

7th - Devonte Fields - OLB - Trinity Valley Community College

Yes the ex-TCU player. His freshman year seems so far away after his off the field issues. Got kicked out of TCU after an assault charge on his ex-GF. Yes I know the NFL is cracking down on these issues but it's a 7th round pick. It's not a high-reward low-risk pick. If he flourishes, he's our future at OLB opposite of Gregory and if not, he'll be out of the league.

2015 Tennessee Titans
QB - Jameis Winston, Charlie Whitehurst, Zach Mettenberger
RB - Bishop Sankey, Karlos Williams, Dexter McCluster
FB - Jackie Battle
WR - Justin Hunter, Phillip Dorsett
WR - Kendall Wright, Cecil Shorts
TE - Delanie Walker, Craig Stevens, Clive Walford
LT - Taylor Lewan, Byron Stingily
LG - Andy Levitre
C - Brian Schwenke, Gabe Ikard
RG - Chance Warmack
RT - Michael Oher

DE - Ropati Pitoitua, Mike Martin
NT - DaQuan Jones, Sammie Hill
DE - Jurrell Casey, Karl Klug
OLB - Derrick Morgan, Devonte Fields
ILB - Avery Williamson, Zavier Gooden
ILB - Wesley Woodyard, Zach Brown
OLB - Randy Gregory, Shaun Phillips
CB - Jason McCourty, Coty Sensabaugh
CB - Brandon Flowers, BWW
FS - Kurtis Drummond, George Wilson
SS - Bernard Pollard, Daimion Stafford
K - Ryan Succop
P - Brett Kern
KR - Phillip Dorsett
PR - Dexter McCluster
LS - Beau Brinkley

Thoughts?
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Gregory. Would be simply ecstatic if we got him. Dude is everything that we need on defense. He's a monster and plays nasty.

Hate Winston. He's an idiot at best and the way FSU handled his sexual assault case makes me sick and cheapens his not guilty verdict in my eyes. Would be disgusted if we take him.

Don't know much about Drummond, but MSU's secondary is stellar and we may have a need there, so I can get behind it.

I love me some Phillip Dorsett, but he doesn't project as much more than a deep threat, and seems like a bit of a luxury pick at this point.

Karlos Williams just isn't that good of a running back. He's just a physical freak with poor RB skills. I'd rather just re-sign Antonio Andrews, to be honest.

Walford's a good solid player, but do we really need another TE?

No to Fields. We don't need a domestic violence offender on this team.

Defense looks better after this offseason, but ILB is still an issue.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hesitant to say they get rid of Griff, especially if they can get him on a good cheap deal. Having to potentially replace both Safeties is a big deal.

Also, I think they like Taylor Thompson. Him being resigned to a cheap deal and then cutting Stevens. I can see that.

I'd love Gregory in the 1st. Not so much Winston in the 2nd. But if it's the 2nd then it's a decent pick. If he even thinks he is a 2nd round pick he should stay in school though.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succop is on a 1 year deal. Would have to resign him as well.

I would also almost guarantee Griffin doesn't get cut. Once Horton has the pass rushers he wants at OLB, it'll allow Griffin to play center fielder, and he's one of the best in the league at that. Signing Justin Houston in FA is something I'd expect assuming the Chiefs continue to struggle with his contract.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I'm hesitant to say they get rid of Griff, especially if they can get him on a good cheap deal. Having to potentially replace both Safeties is a big deal.

Also, I think they like Taylor Thompson. Him being resigned to a cheap deal and then cutting Stevens. I can see that.

Griffin is signed for several more years if I'm not mistaken and from what we've seen out of him would they even want to bother trying to get him to take a pay cut? He's been consistently awful and getting paid like 8 million a year to do so. His contract was the worst thing to happen during the Munchak era. I have to believe he is not on this team next year. George Wilson is better than him in every facet of the game.

I agree on Thompson. I believe he is back. Replace him on that list with Andy Levitre. In my opinion, if Levitre will not take a pay cut he is absolutely gone next year. His contract is the second worst thing to happen during the Munchak era.

I'm with them on Winston. Just really... no thanks. Heavy feet and a baseball windup on top of the criminal allegations and the way the police and the university handled everything. I don't want to touch him with a ten foot stick.

TT4L do you live in Florida? Just curious. 4/7 picks from the state of Florida. lol.

I've been wanting to do a mock for awhile, but I'm waiting to see how a few things unfold before I do so.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Grif, I wasn't sure and didn't take the time to look it up. Made it sound like his deal was up or something. I don't see him cut though.
Maybe restructure. But I don't see him cut.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Griffin is signed for several more years if I'm not mistaken and from what we've seen out of him would they even want to bother trying to get him to take a pay cut? He's been consistently awful and getting paid like 8 million a year to do so. His contract was the worst thing to happen during the Munchak era. I have to believe he is not on this team next year. George Wilson is better than him in every facet of the game.

I agree on Thompson. I believe he is back. Replace him on that list with Andy Levitre. In my opinion, if Levitre will not take a pay cut he is absolutely gone next year. His contract is the second worst thing to happen during the Munchak era.

I'm with them on Winston. Just really... no thanks. Heavy feet and a baseball windup on top of the criminal allegations and the way the police and the university handled everything. I don't want to touch him with a ten foot stick.

TT4L do you live in Florida? Just curious. 4/7 picks from the state of Florida. lol.

I've been wanting to do a mock for awhile, but I'm waiting to see how a few things unfold before I do so.

Laughing No. I am a Miami fan so a couple of those guys were me picks although both could certainly add value the roster. I wanted to add a ILB at some point but after like the first 3 rounds, it's pretty slim talent. Plus Brown will be back next year and if Williamson keeps improving, I think the group will be at least solid. They invested in Woodyard so he's not going anywhere. Plus just adding a guy like Gregory will make everyone's job on the D easier. I not ready to give up on Levitre yet although I would like him to take a pay cut. The line needs to have continuity for a change. I would like to see the same OL every week to build that chemistry. This offseason is a part of a 2 year process to build this team up. I couldn't build the whole D which is why I tried to settle make sure the OL is set for the foreseeable future. Added Gregory but the SS, ILB, and possibly the DL will need to still addressed. Just couldn't do it all in one offseason. Hopefully Jones settles the NT job.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
About Grif, I wasn't sure and didn't take the time to look it up. Made it sound like his deal was up or something. I don't see him cut though.
Maybe restructure. But I don't see him cut.

Griffin accounts 8 million towards the salary cap next year. Absolutely no chance he returns under that cap number. He has been one of, if not the worst person on our defense in just about every game, although stats alone do not show this.

If he doesn't take a serious pay cut (under 4 million per year) he's gone.

TTFL:

Yeah, it's literally impossible to do everything we need to do to our defense in one offseason. Especially since the front office basically ignored it last season outside of signing a bunch of washed up players.

Williamson seems like he can, at the very least, hold up the #2 ILB spot and if Brown comes back and plays well next season that would do us wonders on defense.

We have enough cap room I would like to see someone above average signed at OLB with an above average salary to start over Derrick Morgan. Not a huge playmaker, but someone who could possibly get 6-8 sacks with Gregory on the other side. Morgan is a decent player, but he is so ridiculously slow. OLB is not his position.

If Jones is anything at all we will be okay at NT until we can find someone who can be a dominant anchor and also provide some sort of pass rush. I would love for Dontari Poe to get away from KC haha. UFA in 2016 fingers crossed.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can dig it though I'd rather have Vic Beasley over Gregory. I think Vic has a better burst off the ball, and he's developed more pass rush moves than Gregory at this point in his career.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston isn't falling out of the first round.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
I can dig it though I'd rather have Vic Beasley over Gregory. I think Vic has a better burst off the ball, and he's developed more pass rush moves than Gregory at this point in his career.

Vic Beasley reminds me of dumervil, good pass rush but weak at other areas.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

We say that every year about certain prospects. Hell we were saying it about Geno and even Teddy last year(he almost did fall). Winston has a ton of issues right now off the field and I wouldn't be surprised if teams avoided him altogether especially with all the issues with domestic violence.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

Unless there is concrete evidence he indeed raped that girl or he gets arrested between now and draft day he is not falling out of the 1st round.
Another poster stated in another thread (I believe) that his past 10 months is rivaling Cam Newton's last year at Auburn as far as the scrutiny. The only difference is Winston appears to be a real [inappropriate/removed] bag off the field. Hard to believe a team will draft him in the top ten to be the face of their franchise with all his luggage, bottom of the 1st will be where I see him going (right now). Any more gasoline goes on the fire and he is going to be undraftable by a few teams.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Succop is on a 1 year deal. Would have to resign him as well.

I would also almost guarantee Griffin doesn't get cut. Once Horton has the pass rushers he wants at OLB, it'll allow Griffin to play center fielder, and he's one of the best in the league at that. Signing Justin Houston in FA is something I'd expect assuming the Chiefs continue to struggle with his contract.

Jesus Christ when will people just realize that Michael Griffin is a bad safety in ALL aspects. He's NOT a great center fielder. He takes poor angles and lacks good instinct. The only redeeming quality he has is that he's one of the fastest safeties in the game, but his speed doesn't translate which is why he's always a step late to the play. Seriously think about his INT's. most of them come when the ball is deflected to him or from really poor throws, usually he's in the right position because he's trailing the play. When was the last time you saw him come out of centerfield and actually make a play on a pass? Since you called him one of the leagues best centerfielders. When was the last time you saw him make a Jarius Byrd, Earl Thomas, Ed Reed in his prime, type play?

People said this crap about 'just letting him play centerfield' when Cecil was DC and when Grey was DC and the truth of the matter is that he plays more of that centerfield role than people realize. He just sucks at it. Not to mention that there's more to playing FS than just playing in the middle of the field.

Michael Griffin is a scrub, he should have been off this team 3 years ago. His resigning is more egregious than the Bo Scaife franchise tag of years past. And on a side note, why do we ALWAYS overvalue freaking ex-Longhorns.

**RIP Steve McNair**
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:

Jesus Christ when will people just realize that Michael Griffin is a bad safety in ALL aspects. He's NOT a great center fielder. He takes poor angles and lacks good instinct. The only redeeming quality he has is that he's one of the fastest safeties in the game, but his speed doesn't translate which is why he's always a step late to the play. Seriously think about his INT's. most of them come when the ball is deflected to him or from really poor throws, usually he's in the right position because he's trailing the play. When was the last time you saw him come out of centerfield and actually make a play on a pass? Since you called him one of the leagues best centerfielders. When was the last time you saw him make a Jarius Byrd, Earl Thomas, Ed Reed in his prime, type play?

People said this crap about 'just letting him play centerfield' when Cecil was DC and when Grey was DC and the truth of the matter is that he plays more of that centerfield role than people realize. He just sucks at it. Not to mention that there's more to playing FS than just playing in the middle of the field.

Michael Griffin is a scrub, he should have been off this team 3 years ago. His resigning is more egregious than the Bo Scaife franchise tag of years past. And on a side note, why do we ALWAYS overvalue freaking ex-Longhorns.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: