Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2015 Off-Season Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: The 2015 Off-Season Thread Reply with quote

Who knew after destroying Kansas City in week 1 that we'd be ending our year 2-14..but oh well.

Already got some tidbits heading in to next season:

In regards to Nate Washington:

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 7m7 minutes ago

Nate Washington said he's hopeful he can return to #Titans, but not sure what future holds. His contract is up

Quote:
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 5m5 minutes ago

Washington said #Titans president Tommy Smith said team wants him back. But we'll see. Will be plenty to work through

In regards to Whisenhunt and Webster:

Quote:
Terry McCormick ‏@terrymc13 18m18 minutes ago
Tommy Smith says on the record again that both # Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt and GM Ruston Webster will be back in 2015.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potential(notable) free agents from our team:

Nate Washington - According to him, the team wants him back. Given he's coming to a close in his career I suspect he'll want to go to a contender, but who knows.

Michael Roos - Reportedly willing to re-sign as right tackle. How well he's recovered from the injury will have a good bit to do with it, but as we can get out of Oher's contract this year pretty easily, I imagine we'll be looking for a new RT and Roos does make sense.

Ryan Succop - Has had a very solid season, see no reason to not re-sign him. No real reports on whether we will or not as of right now.

Brett Kern - Read above.

Jake Locker - His Titans career is undoubtedly over.

Derrick Morgan - Seems up in the air at this point. Has been an average player in the 3-4 and is more well suited as a 4-3 DE. I imagine him wanting to move on to a 4-3 team.

George Wilson - Is decent depth, and he won't find a starting role anywhere. I imagine he would be willing to sign to a reasonable contract to remain as a depth player.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really hard to hear about the Titans wanting continuity with this coaching staff after the season we just had. If the team had at least been competitive this year I could see that argument being made, but why would anyone want continuity from this coaching staff after the joke of a season we just had? I wish I could be patient with Whisenhunt I really do, but I just have such an empty feeling in my stomach right now and I don't see it really going away anytime soon simply because I have a hard time believing in Whisenhunt leading this team to success.

Credit to Sandwich for the signature!
2014 Adopt-A-Titan: Delanie Walker & Taylor Lewan
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on this....

We have the #2 pick in the draft. Say we decide to go all in on an edge rusher.

Lets also say Kansas City franchises Justin Houston.

Would anybody be down to trade the #2 overall pick for Justin Houston then signing him long term?

I know the tag requires two 1st's, but that's only if you sign him and KC doesn't match. What if we offered to trade for his franchise rights then resign him? #2 overall is tempting for KC and for us, we could get a PROVEN elite pass rusher who is 25 years old. Granted we'd have to also sign him to a massive extension. But again you're getting a guy who can get you 12+sacks per year.

So given the scenario do you A) Take the best available pass rusher or B) trade for Justin Houston then extend him.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Thoughts on this....

Would anybody be down to trade the #2 overall pick for Justin Houston then signing him long term?

I know the tag requires two 1st's, but that's only if you sign him and KC doesn't match. What if we offered to trade for his franchise rights then resign him? #2 overall is tempting for KC and for us, we could get a PROVEN elite pass rusher who is 25 years old. Granted we'd have to also sign him to a massive extension. But again you're getting a guy who can get you 12+sacks per year.

So given the scenario do you A) Take the best available pass rusher or B) trade for Justin Houston then extend him.

I'd trade for Justin Houston in a heart beat with the #2 overall pick.

But I'm pretty sure the Chiefs know he's worth more than that. Plus Hali is still a very good player on the other side of Houston but he's also getting older. If the Chiefs trade Houston they'll be without a good 3-4 pass rusher from OLB in a year or two. I know they could take Gregory or whoever with that #2 overall pick, but if you did that, why trade Houston, unless they simply can't find any way to afford him.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Thoughts on this....

But I'm pretty sure the Chiefs know he's worth more than that. Plus Hali is still a very good player on the other side of Houston but he's also getting older. If the Chiefs trade Houston they'll be without a good 3-4 pass rusher from OLB in a year or two. I know they could take Gregory or whoever with that #2 overall pick, but if you did that, why trade Houston, unless they simply can't find any way to afford him.

What say Andy Reid falls in love with Jameis Winston or Mariota if Jameis goes #1.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
Thoughts on this....

What say Andy Reid falls in love with Jameis Winston or Mariota if Jameis goes #1.

After giving Alex Smith 76 mil over 5 years? Dunno how his contract as set up but that'd be a weird turn of events. Not impossible though.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@TennesseeTitans 1m1 minute ago
#Titans’ 2015 opponents now set.

Home: Hou, Ind, Jax, Buf, Mia, Atl, Car, Oak

Road: Hou, Ind, Jax, NE, NYJ, NO, TB, Cle
God that's an easy looking schedule. Might even be able to manage four wins out of it.
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a fan of Houston for the past 8-9 months. I've wanted him since the summer.

Prior to the season, did Chiefs intend to resign him after the season? I doubt it. Why would they have drafted Dee Ford in the 1st round then? I think they wanted him to be a starter opposite of Hali in 2015. I know, you can't have too many passrushers.

According to OverTheCap, the Chiefs are $1.5M OVER the cap room. I don't know who they have that they could restructure/cut, but I don't see 10M+ with Houston's name on.

Bottom line, I want Webster to go out and overpay for Houston and Orakpo. Fix the damn passrush issues!

Last year I was the Head Scout and the year before that, just a regular scout. But I'm game for whatever you need!

^^^
One of the best scouts in FFMD.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
I've been a fan of Houston for the past 8-9 months. I've wanted him since the summer.

Prior to the season, did Chiefs intend to resign him after the season? I doubt it. Why would they have drafted Dee Ford in the 1st round then? I think they wanted him to be a starter opposite of Hali in 2015. I know, you can't have too many passrushers.

According to OverTheCap, the Chiefs are $1.5M OVER the cap room. I don't know who they have that they could restructure/cut, but I don't see 10M+ with Houston's name on.

Bottom line, I want Webster to go out and overpay for Houston and Orakpo. Fix the damn passrush issues!

KC is not letting Houston go free. They franchise him if they can't strike a deal. Ford was drafted to eventually replace Hali who's getting up there in age. Orakpo might be an option but he's had injury issues these past 3 years and didn't look anygood this season. He's still young and I wouldn't mind a 1 year prove-it deal.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
grizzans3222

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that we will go get a pass rusher, and that will help our decision making process. We would have 4 options. Draft one of the two qbs, Draft Cooper, Trade down or Draft Williams. i could see us molding our Defense after the Chiefs. We just need that Poe after we get Houston. i feel we can get by with a qb that doesn't make many mistakes. Resign Roos for RT get a C possibly in the Draft.,Hopefully free agency sign a WR. Draft a big Prospect TE. Get a CB in the 2nd or 3rd. Anyone wants AP if he becomes available? i would love for us to get Ifo Ekpre-Olomu. i know he tore his ACL, but he has potential to be the best CB in the draft
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front office has told Michael Griffin they want him back and would like him to take a pay cut.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 112 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 5 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 13 TKLS, 0 SACKS
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:

KC is not letting Houston go free. They franchise him if they can't strike a deal. Ford was drafted to eventually replace Hali who's getting up there in age. Orakpo might be an option but he's had injury issues these past 3 years and didn't look anygood this season. He's still young and I wouldn't mind a 1 year prove-it deal.

That's why I think they should trade the #2 pick for him. The Cheifs also will have to figure out how to pay Dontari Poe soon as well. I think the Cheifs plan is to franchise him for a year or so and avoid the log term commitment. Rather than letting him go for free, you can grab the #2 overall pick for him. I think its a fair trade.

**RIP Steve McNair**
ironlion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe we've kept these coaches. I don't think wiz made even one good call this year. And to keep the GM is even worse. Our drafts and FAs have been just awful for the last few years. There is a reason we went 2-14 and those who are responsible aren't being held to account.

Id love Houston but I don't think to trade #2. The chiefs will have a hard time re-signing him and franchise number has to be very high for a 3-4 OLB.

I say we sign Houston if we can, pay the man. Trade back once or twice if we can. Pick up an extra 1 st and a few second round picks and draft all defense.

Unfortunately I can't see anything good happening this offseason. Well sign a washed up rb, a 32 year old 4th string rb, a rb who best suited as a wr5, a ILB who can't tackle or cover, draft a guard at 2, take the worst rb in the draft in the second, and sign at least 2 very very average players off the bills roster. All to ensure this small market team doesn't demand national media attention. [/u]
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought but would anyone be interested in us targeting Suh? Dirty play aside, I wouldn't mind it. Maybe it's because he's one of my all-time favorite prospects and he's proven to be one of the best DL in the league. Obviously the contract would be incredibly expensive but hard to argue that the D would be heavily improved just off of the one signing.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: