Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Back Up Tackle Thread(formerly Eugene Monroe???)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironlion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Back Up Tackle Thread(formerly Eugene Monroe???) Reply with quote

I think we should kick his tires. I know we have 2 young tackles but our lack of depth really scares me. I think it would really benefit us to have a good backup tackle. Unless he his black balled from his stance on marijuana of course.

Should we claim him off waivers?? Or should we bring him in for a visit?

EDIT

Thought I'd make this the thread for all things Related to our lack of depth at tackle. To me this is my only real concern heading into TC.

Jake long is back and healthy again. He's a vet option to look at.

Last edited by ironlion on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Eugene Monroe???? Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:
I think we should kick his tires. I know we have 2 young tackles but our lack of depth really scares me. I think it would really benefit us to have a good backup tackle. Unless he his black balled from his stance on marijuana of course.

Visit as I don't know his contract situation. See if he can play guard, check his background stuff.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Eugene Monroe???? Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:

Yes we should. And if he needs marijuana, then we should have a stash waiting for him in his locker.
ironlion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Eugene Monroe???? Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
ironlion wrote:

Visit as I don't know his contract situation. See if he can play guard, check his background stuff.

I looked earlier but they've already taken him off the Ravens at over the cap. I think he had 2 years left at about $15 million. I'm not sure if they've already paid a portion of that in bonuses or what not.

My biggest fear for this season is an injury to either Conklin or decker and we are totally screwed. We don't have anyone on this roster that can play tackle, unless one of the UDFA Ts end up being good, which is extremely unlikely. And if it were lewan that goes down I would hate to see Conklin try to play LT. I really don't see him being able to play the blind side.
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't have to go through waivers.

And he'd have no interest in coming here. There are teams closer to contending that can essentially guarantee him a starting tackle spot (Seahawks, Giants), he's not going to come to Nashville to be a swing tackle.

Props to mike23md on the sig
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

And he'd have no interest in coming here. There are teams closer to contending that can essentially guarantee him a starting tackle spot (Seahawks, Giants), he's not going to come to Nashville to be a swing tackle.

Oh well, then business as usual.

titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy to have him on the roster. He's just not a guy that would sign on to be a backup (or guard). When healthy, he's still at least a top 15 LT, some team will give him a decent deal, probably $5 million per year, to start for them.

ironlion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy to have him on the roster. He's just not a guy that would sign on to be a backup (or guard). When healthy, he's still at least a top 15 LT, some team will give him a decent deal, probably $5 million per year, to start for them.

Why does he not have to go through waivers??
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Why does he not have to go through waivers??
He's played more than four years in the league. Veterans that are released automatically become UFA's.

Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I'm just saying that if he's not interested in us, we're really no worse off than we were before the idea of it even came up. Just keep going with Plan A.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine his first visit would be out here to Denver, or NW to Seattle

**RIP Steve McNair**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: