Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This draft kind of reminds me of 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: This draft kind of reminds me of 2011 Reply with quote

Just some food for thought and a little something outside of the Free Agency Talk....I just wanted to point out what I thought were some similarities.

Just looking at it on the surface, I feel like we are looking at the 2011 draft.

2011:
A phenom at QB is available. Cam Newton. He enters the draft with numerous questions surrounding his maturity, ability to play in the NFL and overall off the field behavior.

There is a DT that is thought to be a safe pick and real playmaker. He is 6'3 319 and ran a 4.93 in the 40. (Marcel Dareus)

There are a couple edge rushers that have real potential. One rusher is 6'3 and only 246lbs. He is truly dynamic. (Von Miller)

Also some other rushers that are thought of highly. (JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Ryan Kerrigan, DaQuan Bowers, Justin Houston)

A couple of WRs that are highly thought of:
AJ Green
Julio Jones

A phenom QB with some off the field issues, maturity questions and overall off the field questions (Jameis Winston)

Two WRs that are very highly thought of: Amari Cooper and Kevin White

A Defensive Lineman thought to be the best player in the draft and a safe pick. 6'3 305lbs (Leonard Williams)

An productive edge rusher that weighs 6'3 246 lbs. Truly dynamic. (Vic Beasley)

Some edge rushers that are thought of highly (Bud Dupree, Dante Fowler, Shane Ray, Randy Gregory, Owamagbe, Odighizuwa, Eli Harold, Nate Orchard)

If you look at how the 2011 draft played out.
1. Cam Newton
2. Von Miller
3. Marcel Dareus
4. AJ Green

Will it turn out the be similar? Will we chose the dynamic rusher over the "safe, productive Lineman"
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm all aboard the Vic Beasley train at this point.

Ken Whisenhunt is a terrible coach and needs to be fired.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Honestly, I'm all aboard the Vic Beasley train at this point.

Yeah, I'm good with Beasley.

Honestly the only reasonable picks that would disappoint me would be Mariota or Gregory.
grizzans3222

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we add a good NT and some more Def players i want mariota. I just feel both the top Qbs are gonna be in the top half of the LG for their Career. We cant miss out on either one.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is the more important player, Von Miller or Marcell Dareus.

Von Miller is the bigger star, but Dareus is REALLY good. Both are All-Pros. I know people will want to talk about the players around Dareus, but Miller has had Dumervil and Ware throughout his career.

**RIP Steve McNair**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: