Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25055
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
I need some Nashvillians advice or anybody that's been to Nashville and knows a lot about the sites and attractions. Me and my GF are going for the Jets game in late September. Plan on staying in the Homewood Suites Hotel from September 27-30(Friday-Monday). On Saturday we plan to do the General Jackson Showboat cruise. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this cruise before or know anything about it? I've got some info from the website and YouTube videos but just wanted to see if anyone has actually done it and how was it and such. Thanks


I've done it. Pretty cool for lady friend and yourself. I went and it was like a Chinese "circus" type act. Entertaining. Then you get to ride the water. If it's a nice night out, can be very enjoyable. Takes you downtown, see the skyline. Food is decent/good.

It's cool.


Thanks alot KT. Seems like a great time. Do you got any other tourist attractions good for seeing?


No problem.

What you into is the question...lol


Just good ole site-seeing. Can't really drink bc my GF will only be 19.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 7036
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:


Just good ole site-seeing. Can't really drink bc my GF will only be 19.


For food, you have to try some BBQ. I'm sure there is many to choose from. When I visited, we went to Jack's BBQ.

Another thing my family did was go to the Opryland Hotel and walk around their botanical gardens. They also have little shops and things inside. Best of all it's free to go (might have to pay for parking...I'm not sure). Could be romantic. Wink
_________________
"That's a piece of it.."
-Ken Whisenhunt's answer to life's hardest questions

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10568
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:


Just good ole site-seeing. Can't really drink bc my GF will only be 19.


For food, you have to try some BBQ. I'm sure there is many to choose from. When I visited, we went to Jack's BBQ.

Another thing my family did was go to the Opryland Hotel and walk around their botanical gardens. They also have little shops and things inside. Best of all it's free to go (might have to pay for parking...I'm not sure). Could be romantic. Wink


Yeah, since you will be in the area, with the General Jackson. Go over to Opry Mills, do some walking in the mall or walk over to Opryland Hotel. Like he said it's huge and they have a lot of shops and dining. It's free to walk around sit in a chair and look a the water and boats go by. Or get on a little boat for a economical event. You could really end up spending all day out there. Eating, Mall, catch a movie, General Jackson, Opryland Hotel...

Something else free is to walk around Centennial Park. If it's nice, you can walk around in the park, has a big ol lake. and lawn area for just lounging. Check their website, they have free concerts in the park, food truck festivals...etc...maybe catch something cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanTuff


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 951
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walk up and down second avenue for starters..

then follow your ears for good music..
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan 10 Jake Locker YDS-266 TD-2 INT-0

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25055
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info, thanks a lot guys.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2945
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Can't really drink bc my GF will only be 19.


All I hear is, "I have an automatic DD, and if things go right she'll take advantage of me after she drives me home."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25055
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Can't really drink bc my GF will only be 19.


All I hear is, "I have an automatic DD, and if things go right she'll take advantage of me after she drives me home."


Sounds about right. Laughing
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2945
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
s_camp wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Can't really drink bc my GF will only be 19.


All I hear is, "I have an automatic DD, and if things go right she'll take advantage of me after she drives me home."


Sounds about right. Laughing


In that case, the Flying Saucer has your beer fix waiting. They've got about every beer you can think of and a million you can't. They have a chocolate beer. Tastes like beer while you drink, but the aftertaste is chocolate. And it's within stumbling distance of the Big Bang, which is a piano bar on Broad. Can't remember what intersection, but it's on the south side of Broadway and the musicians are hella talented (yeah I said hella). I haven't been there in a while, so don't blame me if it sucks now, but it used to be a lot of fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 2984
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Thanks alot KT. Seems like a great time. Do you got any other tourist attractions good for seeing?


Especially if you have a g/f in tow, the Germantown neighborhood is a cool little spot. Not too far from the stadium, nice little restaurants and if the weather's nice good to walk around. Closer than Opryland, and quite a bit less touristy.

For BBQ, I think hands-down the best you can find is Martin's, however that's a 25 min drive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SerenityNow


Joined: 08 Feb 2013
Posts: 398
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know where I could possibly get a good Kendall Wright sig? I posted a few days back in the signature/avatar section of the boards, but the guy stopped taking requests. So, any ideas on the best place to get one would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
latinoaustino


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 6173
Location: The road is my home
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
Does anybody know where I could possibly get a good Kendall Wright sig? I posted a few days back in the signature/avatar section of the boards, but the guy stopped taking requests. So, any ideas on the best place to get one would be greatly appreciated.


Sandwhich does pretty solid work. Hit him up.
_________________


Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SerenityNow


Joined: 08 Feb 2013
Posts: 398
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
SerenityNow wrote:
Does anybody know where I could possibly get a good Kendall Wright sig? I posted a few days back in the signature/avatar section of the boards, but the guy stopped taking requests. So, any ideas on the best place to get one would be greatly appreciated.


Sandwhich does pretty solid work. Hit him up.


Thanks for the suggestion, man! I appreciate it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanTuff


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 951
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy Wells. I approve.

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Defensive-Line-Looking-to-Take-Next-Step-in-2013/e9ccbd56-ce0c-4863-bc2d-c6a6f0cac93f
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan 10 Jake Locker YDS-266 TD-2 INT-0

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 12287
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the teaching job in Kuwait for next year. My first time out of the country!
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tntitans4life17


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 4466
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Thanks alot KT. Seems like a great time. Do you got any other tourist attractions good for seeing?


Especially if you have a g/f in tow, the Germantown neighborhood is a cool little spot. Not too far from the stadium, nice little restaurants and if the weather's nice good to walk around. Closer than Opryland, and quite a bit less touristy.

For BBQ, I think hands-down the best you can find is Martin's, however that's a 25 min drive.


I work for Jim N Nicks out here and have had the pleasure of working with the Owner of Martin's on a few occasions. His food is great quality and he knows exactly what good BBQ is. I've never had anything from there I do not like. Definitely worth the drive.
_________________
pmk wrote:
I apparently gave my ex hpv, what should I get her other than a box of condoms with a card that says "better late than never"?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 47 of 77

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group