You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32991
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep me and GF are officially returning to Nashville for the Jets game. So damn excited. Plan to actually site see this time which we didn't have much time to do last year. Also hopefully it's a much better outcome than the blowout against the Bears last year.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 8646
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Yep me and GF are officially returning to Nashville for the Jets game. So damn excited. Plan to actually site see this time which we didn't have much time to do last year. Also hopefully it's a much better outcome than the blowout against the Bears last year.


If we get blown out by the Jets, you are officially not allowed to go to any more games. Wink
_________________

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 13692
Location: Manila
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looking like I have a decent chance of teaching in Kuwait City next year.
_________________
Quote:
There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceAgePimp


Joined: 03 Sep 2009
Posts: 2273
Location: Phoenix, AZ/ Oxford, MS
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Well, looking like I have a decent chance of teaching in Kuwait City next year.


Did you go through teachanywhere or did you go to the international job fair in Iowa?
_________________

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 13692
Location: Manila
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Well, looking like I have a decent chance of teaching in Kuwait City next year.


Did you go through teachanywhere or did you go to the international job fair in Iowa?


teachanywhere.

I'm a little worried. Reviews of the school aren't great, but there's not many out there either. As well, seems like people either love or hate the country.
_________________
Quote:
There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceAgePimp


Joined: 03 Sep 2009
Posts: 2273
Location: Phoenix, AZ/ Oxford, MS
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Well, looking like I have a decent chance of teaching in Kuwait City next year.


Did you go through teachanywhere or did you go to the international job fair in Iowa?


teachanywhere.

I'm a little worried. Reviews of the school aren't great, but there's not many out there either. As well, seems like people either love or hate the country.


I think Kuwait is one of the few schools that offers 1 year contracts, so you could try it out for a year and if you don't like it, move back. Although, they say that Kuwait always gets great reviews from former teachers there, so you may love it. I have a friend who is teaching in Nigeria right now, and he absolutely loves it. Living abroad takes a certain personality, as long as you're open minded, you should be fine.
_________________

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 13692
Location: Manila
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It's one year, same salary (tax free) as what I have now, but my rent is paid, furnished apartment, utilities paid, and I live within walking distance of the school.
_________________
Quote:
There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheDeeeeej


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 15568
Location: Nashville
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant stand facebook anymore.

Everyone is getting married and having kids. It looks awful.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 8646
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
I cant stand facebook anymore.

Everyone is getting married and having kids. It looks awful.


Oh god, you sound like my girlfriend. Rolling Eyes Laughing
_________________

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


FF Fanatic

Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 12030
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
I cant stand facebook anymore.

Everyone is getting married and having kids. It looks awful.


I know I had my first kid on facebook. Youtube was there to film it as well.
_________________


Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceAgePimp


Joined: 03 Sep 2009
Posts: 2273
Location: Phoenix, AZ/ Oxford, MS
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Yeah. It's one year, same salary (tax free) as what I have now, but my rent is paid, furnished apartment, utilities paid, and I live within walking distance of the school.


Teaching overseas is a pretty sweet deal. Usually they pay for a couple flights and moving expenses as well. I can't really say that it's for me, but if the right deal (and the right place) came along, I'd probably do it. I think the hardest part would be missing out on all the American stuff we all love, like football games and basketball and college sports and things like that.
_________________

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32991
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some Nashvillians advice or anybody that's been to Nashville and knows a lot about the sites and attractions. Me and my GF are going for the Jets game in late September. Plan on staying in the Homewood Suites Hotel from September 27-30(Friday-Monday). On Saturday we plan to do the General Jackson Showboat cruise. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this cruise before or know anything about it? I've got some info from the website and YouTube videos but just wanted to see if anyone has actually done it and how was it and such. Thanks
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14792
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I need some Nashvillians advice or anybody that's been to Nashville and knows a lot about the sites and attractions. Me and my GF are going for the Jets game in late September. Plan on staying in the Homewood Suites Hotel from September 27-30(Friday-Monday). On Saturday we plan to do the General Jackson Showboat cruise. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this cruise before or know anything about it? I've got some info from the website and YouTube videos but just wanted to see if anyone has actually done it and how was it and such. Thanks


I've done it. Pretty cool for lady friend and yourself. I went and it was like a Chinese "circus" type act. Entertaining. Then you get to ride the water. If it's a nice night out, can be very enjoyable. Takes you downtown, see the skyline. Food is decent/good.

It's cool.
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32991
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
I need some Nashvillians advice or anybody that's been to Nashville and knows a lot about the sites and attractions. Me and my GF are going for the Jets game in late September. Plan on staying in the Homewood Suites Hotel from September 27-30(Friday-Monday). On Saturday we plan to do the General Jackson Showboat cruise. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this cruise before or know anything about it? I've got some info from the website and YouTube videos but just wanted to see if anyone has actually done it and how was it and such. Thanks


I've done it. Pretty cool for lady friend and yourself. I went and it was like a Chinese "circus" type act. Entertaining. Then you get to ride the water. If it's a nice night out, can be very enjoyable. Takes you downtown, see the skyline. Food is decent/good.

It's cool.


Thanks alot KT. Seems like a great time. Do you got any other tourist attractions good for seeing?
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14792
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
I need some Nashvillians advice or anybody that's been to Nashville and knows a lot about the sites and attractions. Me and my GF are going for the Jets game in late September. Plan on staying in the Homewood Suites Hotel from September 27-30(Friday-Monday). On Saturday we plan to do the General Jackson Showboat cruise. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this cruise before or know anything about it? I've got some info from the website and YouTube videos but just wanted to see if anyone has actually done it and how was it and such. Thanks


I've done it. Pretty cool for lady friend and yourself. I went and it was like a Chinese "circus" type act. Entertaining. Then you get to ride the water. If it's a nice night out, can be very enjoyable. Takes you downtown, see the skyline. Food is decent/good.

It's cool.


Thanks alot KT. Seems like a great time. Do you got any other tourist attractions good for seeing?


No problem.

What you into is the question...lol
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 46 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group