Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
Just talking about Super Bowl pains....

At least when the Titans won, I didn't feel cheated. Disappointed, but not cheated.

If I was a 49ers fan, I'd feel cheated and if the Ravens would have lost, I'd felt very cheated due to that blackout and lost momentum.

You meant lost right? Shocked Laughing
The 49ers came up 5 yards short and the Titans came up a yard short. I bet both games hurt the same. The 49ers will look back on this game for years and think about the plays they left on the field. I know the old Titan players think about that Super Bowl and realize they left some plays on that field long before Dyson came up a yard short. You have to play in the moment, because you will probably never make it back to that big stage and it will definately not be with that same exact team with the turnover rate in free agency now. Perfect example is the Ravens will have to possibly cut Boldin, Jacoby Jones and not resign Ed Reed to pay Flacco and Paul Kruger. Embrace the opportunity to win the Super Bowl, because you may not get a chance again. Unless you are Randy Moss, who stunk up the field last night. Rolling Eyes I really thought he would go all out after he lost with the patriots, but he was not selling out like a guy hungry to get his ring like Boldin was last night.

Oops, obviously I have a distored reality when it comes to our lost..lol

But I was saying if I was a Niners fan I would probably be really upset about that last pass and the "no call." It leaves you with a dirty taste in your mouth even if it was the right call. It was borderline.

At least with us, it was just a matter of Mike Jones making a good play.

Throughout the game, of course the Titans left some plays out there and that pass to Issac Bruce, i think, was horrible pass defense.

But it was on the field play, rather than a call that maybe could have gave you a TD or a chance at more plays. That would suck more than having a player make or not make a play.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if there was a WR coing out who was much like Anquan Boldin that we could get. But since he might not be back with the Ravens next season, why not go after Boldin himself? I'd easily give up a couple of choice players to make some room for him and what he could bring to our receiving corps.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin is the best WR in NFL history who can also disappear for months at a time. So strange... does Flacco just decide he's not throwing to him in months that end in "ber"? Man, when he's involved in the gameplan, I always come away thinking he's one of the better WRs in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Boldin is the best WR in NFL history who can also disappear for months at a time. So strange... does Flacco just decide he's not throwing to him in months that end in "ber"? Man, when he's involved in the gameplan, I always come away thinking he's one of the better WRs in the NFL.

I don't quite know what the deal is with the disappearing act either, but man when he shows up, it's on. Maybe that's the reason Cameron got fired. When Caldwell took over, it looked like he took the handcuffs off Flacco a lot more with the 3-wide sets. That brought Boldin back to his beast-mode. I wouldn't mind seeing that in OUR receiving corps.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:

I don't quite know what the deal is with the disappearing act either, but man when he shows up, it's on. Maybe that's the reason Cameron got fired. When Caldwell took over, it looked like he took the handcuffs off Flacco a lot more with the 3-wide sets. That brought Boldin back to his beast-mode. I wouldn't mind seeing that in OUR receiving corps.

It is simple what Caldwell was doing this year. He would line Boldin, Dickson & Petta up in a 'trips' look to one side of the field and Torrey Smith to the opposite side. Flacco likes to throw deep to his right, so Smith would go deep to that side and the 2 TEs and Boldin would occupy the middle of the field over to the opposite sideline. Flacco has been throwing deep to his right for years. Derrick Mason torched Chris Hope and Nick Harper in that 2008 playoff game here on the right sideline deep and that was Flacco's rookie year. Rolling Eyes

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:

It is simple what Caldwell was doing this year. He would line Boldin, Dickson & Petta up in a 'trips' look to one side of the field and Torrey Smith to the opposite side. Flacco likes to throw deep to his right, so Smith would go deep to that side and the 2 TEs and Boldin would occupy the middle of the field over to the opposite sideline. Flacco has been throwing deep to his right for years. Derrick Mason torched Chris Hope and Nick Harper in that 2008 playoff game here on the right sideline deep and that was Flacco's rookie year. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I remember all too well...thanks for the painful memories. Rolling Eyes

I'm trying to think happy thoughts now.

lamont

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:

My bad dude. I was just making a point. Flacco has been throwing deep to his right for years, but he is the new "elite" QB now that he has won the big one. Rolling Eyes

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:

My bad dude. I was just making a point. Flacco has been throwing deep to his right for years, but he is the new "elite" QB now that he has won the big one. Rolling Eyes

Hey, you have to finally give the man his due. He out-dualed Luck, Manning, and Brady to get to the SuperBowl. Then not only won the SuperBowl, but he was the MVP while throwing 13 TDs and 0 INTs through the entire postseason. The dude didn't earn his respect, he stepped up and TOOK his respect from all the naysayers. He's the new "Joe Cool" of the NFL. I'm not a Ravens fan, but I'm really happy for the guy.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So me and my friend were longboarding down a HUGE hill today and we happened to look over in this driveway and we seen a super old senile lady laying down on her driveway and her walker knocked over, so we stopped and went up to see if she was alright. We got to her and I asked her if anything was hurting and she kinda just looked at me and mumbled something that sounded like no. Then I asked if she wanted me to call an ambulance and she look at me with her big scared, teary eyes and didn't even say anything, and I could tell she just wanted to get up. So me and my friend helped her up and got her back on her walker and she just started walking and mumbled something that sounded like thank you and continued walking around her driveway, for exercise I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:

Hey, you have to finally give the man his due. He out-dualed Luck, Manning, and Brady to get to the SuperBowl. Then not only won the SuperBowl, but he was the MVP while throwing 13 TDs and 0 INTs through the entire postseason. The dude didn't earn his respect, he stepped up and TOOK his respect from all the naysayers. He's the new "Joe Cool" of the NFL. I'm not a Ravens fan, but I'm really happy for the guy.

I hate the ravens. The end. Twisted Evil Laughing

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:

I hate the ravens. The end. Twisted Evil Laughing

Me too. I could care less if their team folded and packed up and moved. Twisted Evil
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lions informed RE Kyle Vanden Bosch of his release.
The KVB, Titus Young, and Stephen Peterman cuts save Detroit $8.5M in cap space. Vanden Bosch, 34, was carrying a $10.7M cap number with $7M due via bonus and salary. So this was an obvious move after he registered just 3.5 sacks in 2012. KVB started all 16 games over each of the last two seasons, spending the last three in Detroit. After experiencing a career revival under DL coach Jim Washburn in Tennessee, Vanden Bosch signed a four-year deal with the Lions. Washburn was recently hired by Detroit, which isn't a good sign for what's left in Vanden Bosch's tank.

"Paging a Mr. Kanden Bosch, there is a Jeffrey Fisher calling from St. Louis on line 1". Laughing Shocked Laughing

RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else get an absolute KICK out of watching the Jag fans trip over themselves defending their new (female) logo in the NFL Gen thread? Hilarious stuff Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're doing the Make A Movie Draft in the Entertainment Forum if anyone's interested. Each of us drafts a cast, crew, and director for films that we make up. If you've got a cool idea for a story, or an adaptation of something, join up, it's a lot of fun.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=513042

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a week old, but a must read. Incredible article by Bill Simmons.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8904906/daring-ask-ped-question

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 41 of 77

Jump to: