Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
-Munch-


Joined: 26 Sep 2011
Posts: 3005
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my new Titans hat today, I love it... Then I remembered we're 3-6 and in the worst state this franchise has seen in it's history. Whatever not gonna stop me from being a fan.

_________________
Welcome Whisenhunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
latinoaustino


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 6171
Location: The road is my home
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Got my 1st ever ticket today. Was clocked doing 76 in a 55. $95.75 fine. SMH


Weak sauce. My first ticket was 77 in a 35 (cop bumped if down to 55 in a 35 so he didn't have to arrest me). My second was for 9 over on an open stretch of interstate with no traffic during a sunny day and that one made me angry.


If they drop the speed on your ticket, you can take that to court and win everytime. All you say is: "If he lied on the ticket about how fast I was going, how do we know that he didn't lie about me speeding in the first place."

Also, for nine over, you could take that to court and call the radar's accuracy into question. My uncle was telling me that some radars have a pretty broad error range. He said that will usually get you out of a ticket if it's that close. That, and if you're polite, the cop usually won't even show up to the court date, and if that happens, the judge always throws out the ticket.


My cop buddy told me the same thing but I got it toward the tail end of a 6hr trip back to my folks place. The court house to appear at was 4 1/2 hrs away. I don't think he was gonna write the ticket till my wife opened her mouth and said we live in Chicago. His demeanor changed after that.
_________________


Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3680
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always lol when people get speeding tickets then get pissed off they weren't given a warning instead.

If everyone who sped got a warning, there'd be no point in speed limits. If you're gonna go over the speed limit, be prepared for the consequences. And if you do get pulled over, just be respectful/nice to the cop and you'll be fine.

People don't seem to understand that most cops are pretty good people, and get sick of getting treated like crap just because people assume they're mean because they're a cop. Talk to one like they're a normal person, it'll make their day and it'll normally save you from a ticket, or at least he'll give you the least amount of punishment possible on that ticket.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
latinoaustino


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 6171
Location: The road is my home
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I always lol when people get speeding tickets then get pissed off they weren't given a warning instead.

If everyone who sped got a warning, there'd be no point in speed limits. If you're gonna go over the speed limit, be prepared for the consequences. And if you do get pulled over, just be respectful/nice to the cop and you'll be fine.

People don't seem to understand that most cops are pretty good people, and get sick of getting treated like crap just because people assume they're mean because they're a cop. Talk to one like they're a normal person, it'll make their day and it'll normally save you from a ticket, or at least he'll give you the least amount of punishment possible on that ticket.


I was polite for both and we were fine till my wife opened her damn mouth Laughing the rest of the state hates Chicago.
_________________


Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55670
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, you guys are so lucky... Most county's in California are NAZI's when it comes to speeding tickets. I haven't had a single ticket that was under 300 dollars and I've never been ticketed over 15 MPH over the speed limit. Worst one and the most recent was 60 in a 45, and that was 330 bucks. Crying or Very sad
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55670
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I always lol when people get speeding tickets then get pissed off they weren't given a warning instead.

If everyone who sped got a warning, there'd be no point in speed limits. If you're gonna go over the speed limit, be prepared for the consequences. And if you do get pulled over, just be respectful/nice to the cop and you'll be fine.

People don't seem to understand that most cops are pretty good people, and get sick of getting treated like crap just because people assume they're mean because they're a cop. Talk to one like they're a normal person, it'll make their day and it'll normally save you from a ticket, or at least he'll give you the least amount of punishment possible on that ticket.


In my experience, cops aren't very good people. They think they're above the law and abuse their power.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 24681
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I always lol when people get speeding tickets then get pissed off they weren't given a warning instead.

If everyone who sped got a warning, there'd be no point in speed limits. If you're gonna go over the speed limit, be prepared for the consequences. And if you do get pulled over, just be respectful/nice to the cop and you'll be fine.

People don't seem to understand that most cops are pretty good people, and get sick of getting treated like crap just because people assume they're mean because they're a cop. Talk to one like they're a normal person, it'll make their day and it'll normally save you from a ticket, or at least he'll give you the least amount of punishment possible on that ticket.


Well considering I've never been stopped for anything before, you'd think he wouldn't be such a jerk. I was polite and respectful. And don't give me that crap about cops are good people. Yes some are but alot of them are hypocrites. We're not allowed to speed but I see cops speeding all the time with no seatbelts and talking on the cell phone.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 13034
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizzou and Tennessee in OT right now

oh lets gooooo tigers
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 13034
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tntitans4life17


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 4466
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally decided on the new car I am going to buy: 2013 Kia Optima. Getting it in about 3 weeks as soon as some money comes through from some investments my grandparents had put away when I was younger.

Funny thing is though, the day before I decided this, the owner of the largest Kia dealers in the Nashville area got arrested for assault and evading police. Wonder if I can convince them to get me a better deal Laughing
_________________
pmk wrote:
I apparently gave my ex hpv, what should I get her other than a box of condoms with a card that says "better late than never"?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10462
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tntitans4life17 wrote:
So I finally decided on the new car I am going to buy: 2013 Kia Optima. Getting it in about 3 weeks as soon as some money comes through from some investments my grandparents had put away when I was younger.

Funny thing is though, the day before I decided this, the owner of the largest Kia dealers in the Nashville area got arrested for assault and evading police. Wonder if I can convince them to get me a better deal Laughing



"Don't you leave until you see me!"

I guess he was inspired by his own life to say that... Didn't he try to hold his wife hostage or something like that with an aresenal of guns?
Crazy...lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheDeeeeej


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 13974
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:


Im glad we lost. End of the dooley era.
_________________

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Flylow


Joined: 01 Feb 2011
Posts: 153
Location: Nashville, TN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:


Im glad we lost. End of the dooley era.



As a Vols fan, who do you want as Dooley's replacement?


Me personally would love to see Charlie Strong or Tommy Tuberville. Even Gary Patterson, someone they went for before Dooley, would be okay with me. Patterson and Strong are probably not plausible, but I would definitely not complain if UT finally spent some money on them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
titans_5


Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 1545
Location: Tarrana Canada
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god our offence doesnt look like KC... this has been painful... if you put a semi productive qb in that system and ditched cassel they would be surprisingly good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
-Munch-


Joined: 26 Sep 2011
Posts: 3005
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans_5 wrote:
thank god our offence doesnt look like KC... this has been painful... if you put a semi productive qb in that system and ditched cassel they would be surprisingly good.


I'm still in awe of how bad that last throw by Cassel was. He looked good on that drive to get the FG but.... wowww wtffff was he doing with that throw. Chiefs will draft their franchise QB next draft, not sure who that will be though.
_________________
Welcome Whisenhunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 28 of 76

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group