You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TitanTuff


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 1566
Location: Mariota Marriott
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that just happened.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2014/09/10/the-bernard-pollard-show-debut/15374471/

Put Bernard in front of a camera for long enough and you are sure to get a few gems.

Lol did he just say the ref who called him on the horse collar was getting "paid?" LMAO.
_________________


2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpacemanSpiff


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 8305
Location: Gainesville, Florida
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
TitanTuff wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
So, in case you guys have been wondering what I've been up to, I've been playing in this 1960s soul type band in Gainesville. I remember posting up our first demos a couple years ago, but we've come a long way since then. Just dropped our first music video / single off the debut record yesterday. I hope you guys will enjoy the grooves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7uWJ-1GkH8



I'm retired from the music industry after 22 yrs. Sold my concert promotion company to Clearchannel in 2005.

I liked your product. It was different. Definately a band to see live. Compliments to your engineer on the crisp analog transfer/capture of the brass section Wink


Thanks man. The live show is where we shine. The guy leading the band embodies swagger on stage and really gets people going, which I think is important in today's industry since live seems to be the only way bands can make real money.


Sounds good man! Definitely post something when the album comes out. I'd love to have one.

Also if you guys are ever playing down in Lakeland or the Tampa area let me know!


Very possible that we will be doing that within the next couple of months now that we have the video to woo promoters.
_________________


Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 13692
Location: Manila
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember you when you were just a pup. And now you're playing in music videos, with bands with the name Diarrhea in the title, and soon to be nationwide famous.

Just remember the plebes.
_________________
Quote:
There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpacemanSpiff


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 8305
Location: Gainesville, Florida
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I remember you when you were just a pup. And now you're playing in music videos, with bands with the name Diarrhea in the title, and soon to be nationwide famous.

Just remember the plebes.


You may laugh at me opening for a band called Diarrhea Planet, but that is seriously the best rock band touring the nation right now.
_________________


Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 13692
Location: Manila
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not mistake my comment for mockery or sarcasm good sir.
_________________
Quote:
There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dtait93


Joined: 01 Sep 2014
Posts: 96
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Titania! First post here, so I thought I'd give you a little background about my Titan history and then follow it up with a couple questions. It may be a bit long so bear with me! (sorry if this is supposed to go in the introduce yourself sticky, I wasn't sure where to put it).

Well, my first experience with the Titans came in 2000-01 when I saw my first Titans game, and unfortunately it ended up being a loss in the playoffs against the Ravens when you know who snatched the ball from you know who and returned it for a TD. I wasn't a huge fan at the time because living in Florida, Titans games aren't shown unless its against Jacksonville. Also at the time, I was inevitably a Jaguar fan because my mother negatively influenced me into becoming one, and like I mentioned before, they were really the only team on TV (other than the Bucs, but I never really liked them for whatever reason), and I didn't know any better because I was only 7. A couple years later I got Madden 02 for Christmas and my brother would repeatedly destroy me regardless of which team I chose. That was until I chose the Titans. I would scramble all over the place with McNair, throwing bombs to Mason, and Eddie would constantly run over his defenders getting chunks of yardage, occasionally breaking one. There was nothing he could do to stop them and I was finally the victor. At that point they had become my favorite team (I never lost another game to him after that when I would play as them), and the following year my dad purchased the NFL Sunday Ticket package, and being that I was able to see them play each week, I became a die-hard fan and haven't missed a game since. Eddie was my favorite player and later down the road it became McNair.

Anyways, my first question is, do you expect us to win the division this year? I know we have a pretty weak schedule, and our divisions pretty weak as well. I think Houston will upset more teams then people think with their defense, and their running game is still pretty strong imo, though Fitzpatrick is pretty lol. Indy is pretty bleh to me other than Luck but they seem to make a comeback every other week, and there isn't much to write home about with Jacksonville until Bortles takes the helm (my highschool was just down the road from his, and UCF is just down the road as well so it's kinda cool seeing a local get a shot in the big leagues).

And my second question is fantasy related. I need to know who to start at WR/flex this week. I have Antonio Brown and Fitzgerald as my #1 and #2 WR with Kendall Wright as my flex. My bench consists of Cruz, Maclin, and Baby Moss Hunter. I was strongly considering starting Hunter over Fitz because we go up against a weak Dallas defense this week and I think this could be his breakout game, but Fitz goes up against the Giants who had a pretty bad showing last week. Normally I'd think Fitz would be the obvious choice here, but considering Arizona has a few emerging weapons I see his productivity taking a hit this year, though I'm not sure if that will be the case this particular week against the Giants. Cruz versus Arizona, and Maclin versus Indy. Let me know what you guys think! Sorry for the wall of text!

Thanks and Go Titans!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 27535
Location: bawstun
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
So, in case you guys have been wondering what I've been up to, I've been playing in this 1960s soul type band in Gainesville. I remember posting up our first demos a couple years ago, but we've come a long way since then. Just dropped our first music video / single off the debut record yesterday. I hope you guys will enjoy the grooves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7uWJ-1GkH8

Nice, dude! Pretty huge departure from that other band you were playing in back in the day IIRC, but I dig it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 13692
Location: Manila
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtait93 wrote:
Hello Titania! First post here, so I thought I'd give you a little background about my Titan history and then follow it up with a couple questions. It may be a bit long so bear with me! (sorry if this is supposed to go in the introduce yourself sticky, I wasn't sure where to put it).

Well, my first experience with the Titans came in 2000-01 when I saw my first Titans game, and unfortunately it ended up being a loss in the playoffs against the Ravens when you know who snatched the ball from you know who and returned it for a TD. I wasn't a huge fan at the time because living in Florida, Titans games aren't shown unless its against Jacksonville. Also at the time, I was inevitably a Jaguar fan because my mother negatively influenced me into becoming one, and like I mentioned before, they were really the only team on TV (other than the Bucs, but I never really liked them for whatever reason), and I didn't know any better because I was only 7. A couple years later I got Madden 02 for Christmas and my brother would repeatedly destroy me regardless of which team I chose. That was until I chose the Titans. I would scramble all over the place with McNair, throwing bombs to Mason, and Eddie would constantly run over his defenders getting chunks of yardage, occasionally breaking one. There was nothing he could do to stop them and I was finally the victor. At that point they had become my favorite team (I never lost another game to him after that when I would play as them), and the following year my dad purchased the NFL Sunday Ticket package, and being that I was able to see them play each week, I became a die-hard fan and haven't missed a game since. Eddie was my favorite player and later down the road it became McNair.

Anyways, my first question is, do you expect us to win the division this year? I know we have a pretty weak schedule, and our divisions pretty weak as well. I think Houston will upset more teams then people think with their defense, and their running game is still pretty strong imo, though Fitzpatrick is pretty lol. Indy is pretty bleh to me other than Luck but they seem to make a comeback every other week, and there isn't much to write home about with Jacksonville until Bortles takes the helm (my highschool was just down the road from his, and UCF is just down the road as well so it's kinda cool seeing a local get a shot in the big leagues).

And my second question is fantasy related. I need to know who to start at WR/flex this week. I have Antonio Brown and Fitzgerald as my #1 and #2 WR with Kendall Wright as my flex. My bench consists of Cruz, Maclin, and Baby Moss Hunter. I was strongly considering starting Hunter over Fitz because we go up against a weak Dallas defense this week and I think this could be his breakout game, but Fitz goes up against the Giants who had a pretty bad showing last week. Normally I'd think Fitz would be the obvious choice here, but considering Arizona has a few emerging weapons I see his productivity taking a hit this year, though I'm not sure if that will be the case this particular week against the Giants. Cruz versus Arizona, and Maclin versus Indy. Let me know what you guys think! Sorry for the wall of text!

Thanks and Go Titans!


Go with Fitz or Wright. Hunter might be a bit hurt.

Also, welcome to the board!
_________________
Quote:
There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 13692
Location: Manila
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL shield has taken an absolute beating lately.
_________________
Quote:
There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 13249
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
The NFL shield has taken an absolute beating lately.


Its unbelievable the crap these players do but Rodger Goodell has a mess on his hands yet again good luck to him
_________________
TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
2011

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown


Sig By El Ramster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ockham


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 3512
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Eagles!

!@#$ the Colts!
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 13692
Location: Manila
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing thread here

Fact that our most common record is 8-8 is so laughably predictable. We joke about it all the time, especially when Fisher was here, but to see it out there. Damn Laughing
_________________
Quote:
There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 3383
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Amazing thread here

Fact that our most common record is 8-8 is so laughably predictable. We joke about it all the time, especially when Fisher was here, but to see it out there. Damn Laughing


Absolutely. I've looked it up in the past for us, but not for other teams. It's a vicious cycle - finish 8-8, miss the best draft picks, finish 8-8, miss the best draft picks...

Of course we manage to blow it when we do have high draft picks anyway. Sigh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


FF Fanatic

Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 12030
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, watching Luck and Watt tonight was incredible. We've got our work cut out for us in this division for the next 10 years.

On the bright side, the Texans defenders, outside of Watt, are garbage. Timid, can't tackle, can't cover. Watt, on the other hand, deserves MVP votes. Unreal.
_________________


Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 35224
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Man, watching Luck and Watt tonight was incredible. We've got our work cut out for us in this division for the next 10 years.

On the bright side, the Texans defenders, outside of Watt, are garbage. Timid, can't tackle, can't cover. Watt, on the other hand, deserves MVP votes. Unreal.
The best thing about the Texans is that Watt is so good and Fitzpatrick is so maddeningly inconsistent that they are almost guaranteed to finish the year 8-8 and not have a shot at one of the top QBs this year. And with a good running game and the best defensive player in football, they may be stuck in QB purgatory for a while. But yeah, watching Watt play is just incredible. Was that way his last year with the Badgers too. Sad to think what could have been with him and Casey on the same line if we had chosen him over Jake.

And I'm still just not that amazed by Andrew Luck. Defenders dropped a few more would-be interceptions today. Though obviously he's a very good young QB. Still would take Russell Wilson over him. The fact is both teams have their share of weaknesses. Unfortunately, we suck, but at least we're not in a division like the NFC West.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 76 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group