Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What are your expectations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: What are your expectations? Reply with quote

What are your expectations for the Seahawks in 2012? Looking at our schedule, what do you think our record will be? Will we make the playoffs? If so, how far do we go? How should our offense and defense rank by year's end?

Personally, I'm pretty optimistic, but admittedly, I'm pinning all my hopes on the success of Matt Flynn. We're only gonna go as far as he carries us. With that said, I see 4 pretty sure losses to San Francisco (I believe we split with them), Detroit, New England and Green Bay. I could also see 2 more losses, possibly to teams like Carolina, Dallas or the Jets. In conclusion, I'm gonna predict a 10-6 record by season's end.

I believe we have a realistic chance to make the playoffs as the second wildcard, but I believe if we do, we probably make an early exit. Despite this, I would consider this a successful season.

I believe our running game could possibly rank in the top 5 in the NFC and top 10 overall and I see the passing game being good, but not spectacular. I believe it will rank somewhere between 15-17 overall, so long as Flynn stays healthy. I believe it will show steady improvement throughout the year, giving us hope for the 2013 season though.

Defensively, the sky is the limit. I see us having a top 5 overall defense. I also think we'll be competing for the top spot in the league, in run defense and we have the potential to rank in the top 5 in sacks and pass defense as well.

I know I'm probably being overly optimistic, but this is the most excited I've been in quite some time, coming into the season.
seaducks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i expect a winning record, nothing less

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, 9 or 10 wins is what I'll be expecting from the team.

I truly expect the defense to be ranked in the top 5 and mentioned as one of the best defenses in the league by season's end.

Offense will be middle of the pack in just about every stat, but efficient.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be expecting:

- anywhere from 9-11 wins

- top 7 defense

- 1000 yard season from marshawn (if he isnt suspended)

-Our offense to rank in the top 15

- Irvin and Clemons to both produce double digit sacks

Very Happy Very Happy

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, 9 or 10 wins is what I'll be expecting from the team.

I truly expect the defense to be ranked in the top 5 and mentioned as one of the best defenses in the league by season's end.

Offense will be middle of the pack in just about every stat, but efficient.

Exactly this.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about this being very closely tied to QB play and health.

I think the job starts with Flynn... if we still have Tarvaris on the roster, he's the backup... and Wilson is 3rd on the depth chart, but will be our franchise guy by the 2014 season with TJack certainly gone by then.

If Rice, Winslow and at least 3 of our O-Linemen can stay healthy, I think this offense could be an enormous surprise.

Imagine an unspectacular, but steady and smart QB (I think Wilson and Flynn both fit this bill - with Wilson potentially being spectacular) with options in Rice, B-Easy (?), Lockette, Baldwin, Miller, Winslow - added to Lynch/Turbin behind an improving O-Line that already showed signs of quality last year. Unlikely that all of those pieces stay together, but I love the upside if they do.

The Defense should be in that Top 5-10 range, also with upside that could put them up with the Baltimores and Pittsburghs of the world.

My prediction: 11-5

Wins: @ARI, DAL, @StL, MIN, NYJ, @MIA, ARI, SF, StL
Losses: GB, NE, @DET
50/50: @CAR, @SF, @CHI, @BUF

(I predicted 6 wins last year, FYI - I'm not generally optimistic, but I can't deny what I'm seeing from this FO and the development of this squad.)

41 days... /twitch

TommyC376 on the Sig
imani

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i honestly expect is 8 or 9 wins at the very least. I dont see us going 7-9 or less again....not really sure how that's possible anymore. I expect a more consistent passing game and offense that gets a little aggressive this year. With a strong defense to rely on, we can take a few more chances without sweatin it.

Stats expectations:

Offense

Flynn/starting QB

18-24 TDs
15 or less INTs
3200-4000 Yards

Lynch

1000+ Yards
10+ TDs

Turbin

350+ yards
4+ TD's

Rice (16 games)

60+ Catches
7+ TDs
800+ yards

Baldwin

50+ Catches
4+ TDs
600+

Tate

40+ Catches
5+ TDs
600+ Yards

Zach Miller+Winslow

70+ Catches
6+ TDs
900+ Yards

Lockette

20-30 Catches
2-4 TDs
500+ Yards

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see this team as a playoff team yet. Every team can beat us.

Depending on the rams I can see a 3-3 record in our division. I hope for splits with the cards and 9ers and 2 wins from rams.

For our east coast games bill, fins, and panthers I see 1-2 record.

GB, boys, NE, bears, lions, jets, and vikes. Hate to say it but a 3-4 record.

8-8 thats not what I want but have to be realistic. Pete is only now getting the team he wants.

We are still young and just hope we shows signs of getting better for the future starting 13-14 season when we can win 10+ games for seasons to come and getting a SB win. We could be with out Lynch for a few games?

I would be happy if the Hawks can still have a chance to win in the 4th quarter for the games they lose this year. Then next year they can start to pull off those hard wins more often than not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: