Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kent Babb skewers Scott Pioli
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Kent Babb skewers Scott Pioli Reply with quote

..and serves him up with a side of fava beans.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/16/3818676/chiefs-will-never-win-big-with.html#storylink=rss

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he's writing himself out of a job ...

After writing that employee story now a frontal attack. He won't be fed the tiniest bit of information by pioli ... however, some others might pick him just because of that.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Well, he's writing himself out of a job ...

After writing that employee story now a frontal attack. He won't be fed the tiniest bit of information by pioli ... however, some others might pick him just because of that.

I guess he is going all in to lambast Pioli. Peterson had Whitlock right?! LOL
I honestly can't say I disagree with the fundamental points made in the article at all. In fact, these are some of the points I have been making long before things imploded. He is definitely putting all of his cards on the table with this one.

Rumless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babb got a job at the Washington Post and will be starting on October 1st. It is entertaining, as Babb doesn't necessarily have to play soft on the outside with Pioli anymore. It's Whitlock-esque but sums up a lot of disappointments about Pioli's job done here.

Look at what Dimitroff has done in Atlanta and look at what Pioli's done here. Dimitroff drafted almost everyone, save for the free-agent acquisitions and Roddy White. Pioli inherited a nice young group of guys.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Mellinger headed - http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/16/3818720/hunt-needs-to-make-major-changes.html

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Babb got a job at the Washington Post and will be starting on October 1st. It is entertaining, as Babb doesn't necessarily have to play soft on the outside with Pioli anymore. It's Whitlock-esque but sums up a lot of disappointments about Pioli's job done here.

Look at what Dimitroff has done in Atlanta and look at what Pioli's done here. Dimitroff drafted almost everyone, save for the free-agent acquisitions and Roddy White. Pioli inherited a nice young group of guys.

Des, is that you?

KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one more - by Mellinger as well. Obviously the Star is taking off the silk mittens ..

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/17/3820542/disastrous-start-exposes-disconnect.html#storylink=omni_popular
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:

Ouch. That's harsh.

J

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Rumless wrote:

Ouch. That's harsh.

J

it's also very very true.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babb is right, the team has more talent, Pioli is way more concerned with messing with the mundane like the practice squad and constantly rotating and re-signing players. If he had put the emphasis on finding players for the actual roster maybe we wouldn't be forced to see Reeves play this much.

Carr, still irritates me, but I don't know that he is worth more than Flowers. I just have the gut feelings we blew it by not resigning him the previous season for a severe discount.

The truest statement however in this article is that you can be judged by how you treat those who work for you. If this is true, can anyone argue that he isn't an axhole? From office workers to coaches and veteran players. Pioli micro-manages to a level boardering on insanity, because he needs to feel in control. Well he has his puppet at HC/DC right now, if Romeo fails, which it seems as though he may...Scotty's gotta go.

Babb mentions filling the stadium, well I see that aspect faltering. I've never seen our team booed as heavily as it has been by the loudest fans in the NFL in the last 4 years. Sky-rocketing ticket prices combined with severly under-achieving teams makes it much more likely that people stay at home so that after the first quarter when we are being blown out, they can go be productive and mow their lawns, clean their garages or drink themselves into a stuppor.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Babb is right, the team has more talent, Pioli is way more concerned with messing with the mundane like the practice squad and constantly rotating and re-signing players. If he had put the emphasis on finding players for the actual roster maybe we wouldn't be forced to see Reeves play this much.

Carr, still irritates me, but I don't know that he is worth more than Flowers. I just have the gut feelings we blew it by not resigning him the previous season for a severe discount.

The truest statement however in this article is that you can be judged by how you treat those who work for you. If this is true, can anyone argue that he isn't an axhole? From office workers to coaches and veteran players. Pioli micro-manages to a level boardering on insanity, because he needs to feel in control. Well he has his puppet at HC/DC right now, if Romeo fails, which it seems as though he may...Scotty's gotta go.

Babb mentions filling the stadium, well I see that aspect faltering. I've never seen our team booed as heavily as it has been by the loudest fans in the NFL in the last 4 years. Sky-rocketing ticket prices combined with severly under-achieving teams makes it much more likely that people stay at home so that after the first quarter when we are being blown out, they can go be productive and mow their lawns, clean their garages or drink themselves into a stuppor.

It's quite clear right now that Carr is worth more than Flowers. This defense is very much missing Brandon right now.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Carr/Flowers issue, I honestly think Pioli was in a tough place. Personally, I have long thought that Carr had more raw potential than Flowers largely because of his physical skill set and lack of experience at a big college program. But Flowers was up for a new contract while Carr was really still beginning his ascent. So Pioli was able to lock up Flowers for what I think was an above market deal, but I won't knock Pioli for signing Flowers.

I would have liked to have seen Pioli take a "gamble" and sign Carr for a long term deal during his ascent. Plenty of teams do this and lock up young talent they have identified as being likely to continue to develop. Jason McCourty is one example but there are many others. I really don't know if Pioli tried and Carr rebuffed him. My gut tells me Pioli was satisfied with Flowers locked up and didn't really try and get Carr extended long term before his rookie deal was up.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say that IF Pioli is fired I would not be surprised if in time Pioli writes some book talking about him having some OCD or control issue problems and he explains some internal struggles or something like that as a big reason to why he wasn't successful.

Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
I can honestly say that IF Pioli is fired I would not be surprised if in time Pioli writes some book talking about him having some OCD or control issue problems and he explains some internal struggles or something like that as a big reason to why he wasn't successful.

that'd be a money maker

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

that'd be a money maker

It would be a very healing experience for him I am sure. In fact, I happen to have part of the forward written by Bill Belichick himself :

Quote:
"I always knew Scottie had a few screws loose. After he refused to touch doorknobs until he sprayed them down with a disinfectant spray I took notice. The turning point was when he made Tom Brady walk around the facility and pick up all of the candy wrappers off of the floor. I had to limit Tom in practice that week because of his back - I knew then I had to take action. After that we generally left him in his office with no disinfectant wipes to use to escape. We had to make sure he had a short sleeve shirt on (so he couldn't pull his shirt sleeve down over the door knob). When we really needed Scottie occupied for a long time, Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo would spread out hundreds of candy wrappers on Scottie's office floor. He would spend hours picking up each wrapper and neatly folding them into little squares on his desk. When we ran out of candy wrappers we would go to the local Office Max and buy out their stock of paper clips. Scottie really loved counting the paperclips!

When Kansas City owner Clark Hunt called me to see if Scottie could fill his vacant GM position, I couldn't help but give Scottie two thumbs up for my reference".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: