Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Pressing Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. Percy Harvin was a disappointing figure last year to put lightly. What type of numbers are you guys expecting from him this season in an offense that prefers not to air it out? Are there any other Seattle WRs who might be sneaky value in fantasy formats? Who has the most long-term value?

2. There has been a lot of talk about the splits between Lynch and Michael this season ever since Darrell Bevell came out and said the team would use more of a RBBC this season. What do you guys expect the splits to be? How many more years does Lynch have as the bell-cow back?

3. Russell Wilson earned his first ring his sophomore year, but fantasy owners still have plenty of questions about his value on a team that prefers to run the football. Do you guys expect Wilson to take that next step, or should we expect similar numbers considering the lack of opportunities and the efficiency he's already displayed?

SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

First of all - I'm a fantasy football fanatic so if you want a 2nd opinion on any of the other team-by-team fantasy questions - PM me and I'd be happy to help. I'm pretty active in the Fantasy Forum and love to give out fantasy advice.

Quote:
1. Percy Harvin was a disappointing figure last year to put lightly. What type of numbers are you guys expecting from him this season in an offense that prefers not to air it out? Are there any other Seattle WRs who might be sneaky value in fantasy formats? Who has the most long-term value?

- Percy is going to be very valuable some weeks here's two things that greatly reduce his value for me. The first is the injury history - some fantasy players are more willing to take a risk on guys who have had injury history. I'm more risk averse when it comes to drafting. The second is that Percy is going to be either in the Top 5 in scoring or in the bottom half. I don't see him as a consistent week-to-week fantasy option. Again - it goes to strategy. I'd rather not play a game all year to try and figure out which weeks I should play him and which weeks I should leave him on the bench. I can see him getting 6 touchdowns and around about 900 total yards (rushing & receiving). He's probably a Top-30 receiver but I'm too risk averse to draft a guy like him in a run-heavy offense.

Quote:
2. There has been a lot of talk about the splits between Lynch and Michael this season ever since Darrell Bevell came out and said the team would use more of a RBBC this season. What do you guys expect the splits to be? How many more years does Lynch have as the bell-cow back?

- To start the season I can still see Lynch getting 80-90% of the carries but as the season progresses I expect that to go more towards 70-30%. Michael is more of a drain on Lynch's value than he is valuable himself alone. I don't like Lynch AT ALL this year. If I'm drafting 6th or 7th this year, I'd rather have a Top WR or TE if I can't get Lacy, Charles, McCoy or Peterson. I think Lynch will be a much better football player than fantasy player this season. Lynch isn't valuable in a dynasty or keeper league because most expect it to be his last year in Seattle. Michael has tremendous value but I think owners will have to wait one more year to truly reap the benefits. I don't buy the RBBC thing - it's just June/July talk - something to fill the sports section. My stat predictions for Lynch about 950 yards and 9TDs. I think we'll see his YPC fall below 4.0 and we'll see them trust Wilson more in the red-zone. Think Frank Gore from last year. Still effective but more of a low-end RB1 and I just don't like the value as he's currently the 5th or 6th ranked player.

Quote:
3. Russell Wilson earned his first ring his sophomore year, but fantasy owners still have plenty of questions about his value on a team that prefers to run the football. Do you guys expect Wilson to take that next step, or should we expect similar numbers considering the lack of opportunities and the efficiency he's already displayed?

- I like Wilson if you're going QBBC route as I expect him to be much better this year. This year I'm either going to try and get one of the big 3 in the 3rd round or I'm waiting and I'll roll the dice with a duo of Cutler/Wilson or something like that. I expect Wilson to run more and greatly exceed his 1 rushing TD from last year which is where his value will truly come from. Unfortunately I still expect him to struggle to reach 200 yards most games due to the game plan but I think the rushing will make him a viable option most weeks if you'd rather wait on a QB.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since we have among the worst participation of any team for this series I'll offer up my opinions.

1. Last year Percy Harvin was getting ranked up there with guys like Randall Cobb as high 3rd round picks. I really don't think you can A) count on Harvin putting up those types of numbers even if he plays 16 games and B) count on him to actually play all 16 games. At this point I might gamble a 5th rounder on him simply because he is one of the few receivers in this league who could actually be a top 10 fantasy WR even in this Seahawks offense. He's a guy who you know will make the most out of his touches. I would take him before guys like Vincent Jackson and Marques Colston.

2. I think this is the last year we see Lynch as a true bell-cow back. After 2014 I think the team reworks his deal and it's more of a 50/50 split. However, for 2014, I still see him getting at least 70% of the carries and I think he can still be a strong fantasy performer with that amount of work. I think he's a borderline top 10 RB off the top of my head.

3. I don't see Wilson's attempts exceeding 450 this year, which is certainly a spike from past years. Even with a relatively small amount of opportunities to put up fantasy numbers, I think Wilson will be even safer with the football (in a good way, not an overly cautious way) and Percy Harvin is going to allow him to turn little tunnel/bubble screens into 70 yard TDs, inflating his numbers from what they would be otherwise. Expect a career year from Wilson as far as fantasy is concerned.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Percy will put up Percy-like numbers. The one full game he was healthy (Super Bowl) he had a kick return and some nice gains on offense. Everyone expected him to get the ball a lot, which is why he was used as a decoy at times. I expected 1,000 yards, however, I see his rushing numbers going down. Wouldn't be surprised if Bevell holds him back as far as playing running back goes.

2) He recently turned 28, which leads me to believe he has two 1,000+ yard seasons left in him. Although Michael will get more touches this year, it'll still be Lynch getting 70 percent of the carries.

3) I don't expect Wilson to become a fantasy stud or anything, but I expect him to get 30+ total TD's. I wouldn't pick any mobile QBs before Wilson.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: