Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Playoffs Reply with quote

Playoff schedule announed

Quote:
NFL Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, Jan. 3
NFC: 4:35 PM (ET) Arizona at Carolina (ESPN)

AFC: 8:15 PM (ET) If Cincinnati wins, Pittsburgh at Indianapolis/if Pittsburgh wins, Baltimore at Pittsburgh (NBC)*

Sunday, Jan. 4
AFC: 1:05 PM (ET) If Cincinnati wins, Baltimore at Cincinnati/if Pittsburgh wins, Cincinnati at Indianapolis (CBS)*

NFC: 4:40 PM (ET) Detroit at Dallas (FOX)

*If tonight's game finishes in a tie, Indianapolis will host Baltimore on Saturday at 8:15 PM (ET) on NBC and Cincinnati will host Pittsburgh Sunday at 1:05 PM (ET) on CBS.

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Saturday, Jan. 10
AFC: 4:35 PM (ET) Baltimore/Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Indianapolis at New England (NBC)

NFC: 8:15 PM (ET) Detroit/Arizona/Carolina at Seattle (FOX)

Sunday, Jan. 11
NFC: 1:05 PM (ET) Dallas/Carolina/Arizona at Green Bay (FOX)

AFC: 4:40 PM (ET) Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Indianapolis at Denver (CBS)

The NFC (FOX, 3:05 PM ET) and AFC (CBS, 6:40 PM ET) Championship Games will be played on Sunday, Jan. 18.

The 2015 Pro Bowl (ESPN, 8:00 PM ET) will be played on Sunday, Jan. 25 and Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday, Feb. 1 (NBC, 6:30 PM ET), both at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.

Don't see Detroit beating Dallas, but its not much of a stretch IMO. If Dallas wins, we'd face the winner of Arizona/Carolina.

We get the late game on Saturday which is very nice. We would face an east coast team if Detroit or Carolina wins, which have historically struggled in late games against east coast teams, much the same that west coast teams have struggled in early games against east coast teams....circadian rhythm. Or we get Arizona. I'd rather not face Detroit, the team with the most potential to take Seattle down IMO (great defensive team, with great potential on offense...).

The great about the first game, is that if we win, we get an extra days rest before the NFCC.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this playoff run is shaping up nicely. Does anyone actually fear any of these teams coming in to Seattle?

Not to be confused with thinking we're invincible, because no team is and any one of these playoff teams can beat us on any given day.

But our most likely option is AZ or Carolina. AZ has really fallen off due to their QB situation. They got smoked here a couple weeks ago.

Carolina is getting hot at the right time, but they have yet to prove that they can truly handle the big time games and for them to fly cross country and beat us after we beat them in their building at our lowest point seems improbable.

Detroit could definitely be an interesting matchup, but they just don't strike me as a team that is consistent enough to win under pressure. And that is the kind of pressure they will face in a road playoff game, both in Dallas and here in Seattle if they win the first game.

Dallas is probably the team I would worry about the most seeing as though they already won here, but that was a long time ago and this 'Hawks team has shown a lot of growth since that awful performance back in October. And yet, even with an atrocious performance they were still within stopping a 3rd and 20 from icing that game away.

I'd rather see GB than Dallas, but the thought of Aaron Rodgers coming here again is still a little worrisome, only because he can catch fire and beat any team in the league almost by himself. That said, other than Rodgers I don't really see anyone else as a threat. Lacy just doesn't scare me. He's a powerful runner, but our defense is so fast that he may not have time to get a full head of steam.

Overall, I think Dallas is the biggest threat, mainly because their O-line can open up holes for Murray, who can make this defense pay. The last team to beat us was KC, who just ran the ball down our throats. Dallas could try the same thing.

Still, I see no reason to fear any of these teams. If they can come in and beat us in Seattle, more power to them.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear Dallas' Oline, Carolina's front 7 and Aaron Rodgers' arm. That's about it, but any of those things could single handedly be our downfall in a game where we don't get the bounces, even at home.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
silus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't think the 12th man matters as much with this Seahawks team. They don't seem to be as dependent on playing at home as much as before. They way they dominated the Eagles was an eye opener. With this renewed sense of unity, to me it becomes more enhanced on the road.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really worried about the Carolina front-7, but I don't fear Cam Newton that much. He missed a lot of throws against Arizona.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I'm really worried about the Carolina front-7, but I don't fear Cam Newton that much. He missed a lot of throws against Arizona.
Carolina's front 7 scares me less than Detroit's at least. I wasn't looking forward to the possibility of playing them

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit got robbed. Not saying that's why they lost....but they got robbed.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: