Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17 GDT Seahawks 9-6 @ Cardinals 13-2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Week 17 GDT Seahawks 9-6 @ Cardinals 13-2 Reply with quote

.....................Points.....Yds…Pass yds…..Tds....Rush yds….TD’s….TO’s…Rank
Hawks Offense….
Cards Offense……

A below average Hawks Offense the first half of the year that lacked big play capability & was the worst team in the NFL in TD – Red zone % but has arguably the leagues Hottest QB in Russell Wilson & route runner in WR Doug Baldwin vs a high octane score from anywhere on the field Cardinals. Palmer is delivering the ball as well as anyone less Brady & with those weapons, it’s going to take a proper scheme to slow zona down or the Hawks will get smacked around. Only the Pats have more points & nobody has more weapons than Zona. I watched numerous games on the 30 minute condensed versions and they’re impressive.

........................Points......Yds…Pass…..Rush…....Int’s……....Fumb……..TO’s
Hawks Defense….
Cards Defense……
The Hawks have an excellent defense when playing man & undetermined defense when playing zone. As great as the numbers are, it’s not a ballhawking turnover defense. 3 interceptions from this talent is pathetic, especially considering the Hawks have minimal interception from a CB or LB this season and we’re through 15 games? While the Cards are the #1 Intercepting ballhawk team in the NFL with ( ) interceptions. The Cardinals have great D rankings across the board & it’s because they’re an attacking D.

The big difference and what is scary is the fact that the Cardinals are a big play team on both Offense and Defense.

D is #1 in interceptions & Fitz has the most explosive NFL plays with Palmer’s 20 tds & he's #1 in ypa. While the Hawks aren’t an explosive team on either side of the ball and considering our inability to score TD’s in the red zone, it makes it a daunting task even being home.

Play calling which I can easily delineate will be done before kickoff so y’all can know exactly what to expect and how the Hawks can play chess and counter the more aggressive Cardinals. If we counter their strategy, we will win & move to within 1 game. If we play vanilla, turn out the lights on the NFCW this year & potentially the playoffs altogether.

Last edited by Zman724 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:19 am; edited 5 times in total
Zman724

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 2 games that Arizona lost, the turnover differential in games vs STL & Pitt was -3 and were in both territories with 2 minutes looking to win. They’ve gained 400+ yds in 6 of 8 games. Picking up CJ is paying dividends. Yds & attention focus.

The defensive game plan is simple but we’re not good with simplicity. It was simple to know that Foles was going to Kendrick on a 1 on 1 vs Bailey with a stacked trio on the SS. Palmer threw a 10 yd TD to Fitz @ Cleveland with the SAME alignment as STL. If I know what’s coming, how can ET not? It was simple to know that Cam was going to Olsen but we didn’t cover CF on 2 big plays in the final 4. SIMPLE to know but = 2 losses. No reason to be 4-4.

This Defensive game plan should be executed like Russell calls Carson & says “bring your boys down to Bellevue High and let’s lace ‘em up. When the Hawks go on D, this is how it goes. ET says “Sherm, you got Fitz, Cary, you pick up Floyd, KJ keep an eye on CJ & TE, I’m covering Brown. Kam, you’ll pick up Gresham/Nicklas, runs & screens strong side. Wags run game in the rain.” All right guys, Dominate”.

We couldn’t stop STL or Carolina on Simplicity, so now we’re going to expect Kris to put together a solid game plan against the most prolific and versatile O in the NFL? I know we can. It’s simple.
Zman724

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I noticed from watching Zona & will show a few gifs, is

1. Zona will torch zone, especially LB’s trying to cover the middle (like we often do) but doesn’t face zone often. Fitz & John Brown will matriculate the ball downfield vs zone.

2. Palmer will force balls into double coverage down the seam where, ET should be feasting. (feasting isn’t playing 40 yds downfield.) Forces to both Browns. ET doesn’t even need to bait. That is why ET has to bring his A game. He will have a shot at 2 or 3 interceptions. I expect 1 pick.

3. Palmer is excellent and loves to throw the 9 route and Floyd is starting to be his main go rte receiver. JJ Nelson caught one.

4. Zona’s OL is impressive. The long developing deep routes occur because Palmer can execute a 7 step drop, steps up into the pocket, allows his receivers to get deep & he delivers an accurate sweet ball. I haven’t seen a NFL QB throw the rock as well as Palmer is right now. Brady is dink & dunk. Palmer has touch going deep that is upper echelon.

Palmer forces a deep ball to Brown. Double coverage picked it off. STL dislodged the ball which led to the 3-0 turnover margin and 2 pt W.

Zman724

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against Pitt in their 2nd loss...

The 1st pass into the end zone was in tight coverage on Brown & Floyd. The interception was due to man on man vs JG. Kris, you watching?

The interception in the end zone with zona ready to take the lead was another forced throw down the seam to John Brown. Picked at STL & Picked at Pitt. It will be there to feast on.

John Brown is tough to handle. Quick in and out of his breaks. Can't play zone or he will find the opening. Can high point the ball and make catches in traffic and reason Palmer will force double coverage throws to JB. Have to double up when he's running a post or 9 route down the seam. Have to know where he's lined up. VS Pitt.

Zman724

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good view of Palmer having a circular pocket to step up and fire deep. with John Brown out, JJ Nelson stepped up for a beauty as did Ja. Brown and Floyd. Zona is stacked.
CJ put it on the dirt twice. Hawks have to strip the ball from Palmer & CJ.
Palmer loves chuckin' deep.

Palmer hit Ja Brown down the seam & Floyd for a 9 route Td below. The same pass that beat us a cpl of yrs ago in Seattle. On the 1st td, he goes through his progressions to hit his little used TE for the TD.

Last edited by Zman724 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zman724

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple: Hawks D needs to go:

Man to Man 80% of the game. Sherm on Fitz, Cary on Floyd, Shead/ET on Brown, Kj/Kam on TE’s. LIMITED ZONE. When the Hawks go Zone, we will be in TROUBLE. Even with the weather, Palmer will attack downfield. It’s in his DNA. Deep into coverage throws will happen. Watch for them, ET, & it’s time for a pick 6.

I would still mix up a blitz and overload a side. I saw plenty of holes in the B gap on both G/T sides for Zona. Nothing from G-G. Don’t allow Palmer to step up into the pocket and while Zona isn’t allowing much pocket collapsing play, a delayed blitz can run into tackling CJ in the backfield and/or blindsiding Palmer as he tries to step up. Must happen.

With the weather, I’d look for more screens to CJ, who fumbled 2x at Cleveland, so attack the ball in the rain & CJ will leave it on the carpet.

Turnovers are always a key but haven't been game determining this season. We win the TO battle and lose the game. Turnovers are the only area that derailed Zona in their 2 losses & we haven’t been creating many. That has to change on Sunday night. I believe it will.

With the rainy weather, the better kicker & Palmer's tendency to throw into coverage, I expect the Hawks to win by 4. We have the D to play man. Let's play it.

SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed most of the 2nd half but will watch it in the morning.

Russell needs to get his crap together. Dump Ciara. Stop doing commercials. Keep up the hospital visits. Get back into football. Usually i am all over Bevell but this game was all on Wilson. Probably the 3rd game this year it was on him. I overrate the hell out of the guy. He is so average. Talented arm. Awful placement/touch/decision making.

I dunno. 39 allowed at home is sickening. Pete isnt willing to change his scheme. Its been figured out for sure. Thats what seperates the good and great coach's.

Hopefully we finish bellow .500 so the coaching gets an overhaul. I dont want to watch this team emberrass themselves in the playoffs.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody think how often we sub out our receivers is causing issues for Russ? Other teams dont sub nearly as much as we do. I think we would be better to just pick a starting 3 and have them play 70% of the time. It shouldnt be different every play like it is on the D-line. Receivers need chemistry and play time to get a feel for what is going on.

Could be something.

Or nothing.

Laughing
At least our bandwagon is getting easier to move around.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:

Russell needs to get his crap together. Dump Ciara. Stop doing commercials. Keep up the hospital visits. Get back into football. Usually i am all over Bevell but this game was all on Wilson. Probably the 3rd game this year it was on him. I overrate the hell out of the guy. He is so average. Talented arm. Awful placement/touch/decision making.

I dunno. 39 allowed at home is sickening. Pete isnt willing to change his scheme. Its been figured out for sure. Thats what seperates the good and great coach's.

Hopefully we finish bellow .500 so the coaching gets an overhaul. I dont want to watch this team emberrass themselves in the playoffs.

If this is directed at Pete, this is post-loss hyperbole at its finest.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest reason we've got in trouble on D is our CBs having been biting on a lot of underneath stuff. Russ has been terrible lately. He looks like Andy Dalton of last year

#1 ET Supporter
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

If this is directed at Pete, this is post-loss hyperbole at its finest.
Not at Pete. Just those he has hired. Which I dont think would happen till Pete retires/leaves. So its a wet dream really.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think last night was one of the worst games I've seen from Russell Wilson. One read and scramble all night long. Never tried to go through progressions and made several bad decisions and throws.

I've always been fully aboard the fire Darrell Bevell train and last night only further solidifed that, despite Wilson's poor outing.

Bevell has shown zero ability to maintain the run game this year, his play calls are just atrocious and his schemes and route designs are basic and easy to shut down. Not to mention the two 2-point conversion plays he called. Those might've been the 2 single worst plays I've seen scripted for 2 point conversions. And I haven't even touched on the misuse of Jimmy Graham. When Cris Collinsworth spends all night sounding like he makes sense in regards to how to scheme your offense, you've got some SERIOUS issues.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I think last night was one of the worst games I've seen from Russell Wilson. One read and scramble all night long. Never tried to go through progressions and made several bad decisions and throws.

I've always been fully aboard the fire Darrell Bevell train and last night only further solidifed that, despite Wilson's poor outing.

Bevell has shown zero ability to maintain the run game this year, his play calls are just atrocious and his schemes and route designs are basic and easy to shut down. Not to mention the two 2-point conversion plays he called. Those might've been the 2 single worst plays I've seen scripted for 2 point conversions. And I haven't even touched on the misuse of Jimmy Graham. When Cris Collinsworth spends all night sounding like he makes sense in regards to how to scheme your offense, you've got some SERIOUS issues.

This last bit actually made me laugh.

But I totally agree. Bevell has got to go. Its just pathetic watching our offense fail to go anywhere. That being said, I still have full faith that we will make the playoffs, but it is definitely a tough road.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no rain = defeat & Palmer is playing better than any Qb as delineated in my pre-game analysis. Zona is a better squad. Overall, I was pleased with Richard’s game plan. How could I with 39 points given up?

Palmer’s QB play is hotter than Kate Upton eating habanero’s in the Yucatan peninsula.

Only thing I was hoping for was sherm on Fitz… Recap…

Zman724 wrote:

Palmer will force balls into double coverage down the seam where, ET should be feasting. (feasting isn’t playing 40 yds downfield.) Forces to both Browns. ET doesn’t even need to bait. That is why ET has to bring his A game. He will have a shot at 2 or 3 interceptions. I expect 1 pick.

Well, Well. Palmer forced that throw into coverage in the end zone where ET got his pick.

Zman724 wrote:
Palmer is excellent and loves to throw the 9 route and Floyd is starting to be his main go rte receiver. JJ Nelson caught one.

I couldn't understand Sherman breaking off his coverage on the 1st of 3 big time go routes by Floyd and TD. It was OBVIOUS, Sherm. What were you doing? Floyd = Go routes. That's his bread & butter 95% of the time. Even then, Palmer dropped it in beautifully. Well, Well. Floyd also beat Cary but he was dropping dimes all night. Floyd got deep in CF and should've laid out for another potential bomb.

Zman724 wrote:
Zona’s OL is impressive. The long developing deep routes occur because Palmer can execute a 7 step drop, steps up into the pocket, allows his receivers to get deep & he delivers an accurate sweet ball. I haven’t seen a NFL QB throw the rock as well as Palmer is right now. Brady is dink & dunk. Palmer has touch going deep that is upper echelon.

Well, Well, we got to see 1st hand what all-22 was telling us. Palmer's touch going deep is upper echelon & no one is dropping bunnies to either side line, down the seam, deep, mid - range. It's ridiculous.

Zman724 wrote:
Simple: Hawks D needs to go:

Man to Man 80% of the game. Sherm on Fitz, Cary on Floyd, Shead/ET on Brown, Kj/Kam on TE’s. LIMITED ZONE. When the Hawks go Zone, we will be in TROUBLE. Even with the weather, Palmer will attack downfield. It’s in his DNA. Deep into coverage throws will happen. Watch for them, ET, & it’s time for a pick 6.

sherm picked up penalties vs Brown & Floyd. I thought the best matchup was on Fitz & after Fitz had 5 catches, Sherm was on Fitz & defended the pass. For the most part, we played sides. Zona just has too many weapons. It's that simple.

Zman724 wrote:
I would still mix up a blitz and overload a side. I saw plenty of holes in the B gap on both G/T sides for Zona. Nothing from G-G. Don’t allow Palmer to step up into the pocket and while Zona isn’t allowing much pocket collapsing play, a delayed blitz can run into tackling CJ in the backfield and/or blindsiding Palmer as he tries to step up. Must happen.

Well, Well, Well... The Hawks blitzed more last night than any game I've seen in the past decade. Great Job, Kris. Bam! Look at the results. 2 Td's from a blitzkrieg. They weren't all from B gaps but based on DL scheme it opened up A gaps, too, and Avril jacking the corner. I loved the aggressiveness.

Zman724 wrote:
Turnovers are always a key but haven't been game determining this season. We win the TO battle and lose the game. Turnovers are the only area that derailed Zona in their 2 losses & we haven’t been creating many. That has to change on Sunday night. I believe it will.

Well, Well, Well. We did create TO's. We had 30% of our seasonal total going into last nights game. Unfortunately, the fact we keep losing games when winning the turnover battle is disheartening.

Besides having Sherm on Fitz, there was little from this pre-game write up that didn't occur. This isn't to gloat because I've said all along, Football schemes are simple to implement if you "know thy enemy" and bring "deception". some all-22 delineates what needs to transpire & reason I was shocked we couldn't stop the Floyd 9 routes because they were clearly listed here and should've been a main focus when manning up with Floyd. If he cut a route to the out, give it to him. However, he's a 9 route junkie & he & Palmer have chemistry.

Too bad I didn't have time for our Offensive write up because we would realize that a lawn jockey like myself has a more strategic outlook than clown Bevell. ( Even with a porous OL) There were plays and formations that could've given RW more support but no time to get them documented here. It proved to me once again that Bevell isn't smarter than a 10 yo.

We needed the rain for that 4 pt win ( Palmer not as effective going deep and slick balls) & once it hit 29-25 Hawks, I thought my guru jedi mind chit was about to transpire.

Had we been smart enough to beat the Rams - Anyone seen Foles garbage & having only 1 receiver to worry about vs Carolina, those were 2 games that should never have been lost. I can understand Zona because they're as high octane as it gets but Rams & Carolina blowing leads?

Hopefully, the GIFs were beneficial to know thy enemy going into the game because I'm sure Zona view has been limited. Ciao
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

90% sure Graham had single coverage on both of those plays. Which would be Wilsons fault.

Bevell doesnt do a good job of calling plays for Graham but Wilson is flat awful about placing the ball for him when he decides to throw his way. He never throws high where Graham can easily jump over someone. Probably a 2% chance of a pick when throwing a high ball to him.

Just a lot of work to be done. The passion to be the best doesnt seem to be there this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: