Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp / Preseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Banks IMO means nothing to our offense, he production comes clearly on special teams (witch can be very important to the offense) So IMO we need to make a extra spot for 7 WR's and keep Banks, Briscoe, and Robinson along with the staring 4 and give RG3 s many weapons as possible. Once again the person I would release is Grossman. Rg3 is clearly the starter and Cousins can't be no worse than what Grossman would be if Rg3 went down in injury. I also think with Grossman gone Rg3 and Cousins relationship would only get stronger as they challenge, helped, and grew together day by day practice by practice.
He gives our offense short fields which leads to points. Instead of having to go 70 or 80 yards they have to go 60 or less to score or he scores for them. That's what I mean by offense, and yes a returner is an offensive player. Any player that receives the ball and runs for a score is at that point an offensive player.

This is clearly why I said we need to release Grossman to keep him.

So you want to roll with 2 rookies at QB? That's a smart as keeping Banks over potential Top 3 WR's...

And I'd love to see our average starting position last year. His stats look good not only due to bulk but because of how often Danny let him take it out of the end zone. Regardless, he is not a dynamic offensive player. He's a dynamic special teams player, who has had like 4 catches on Offense his entire career.

Yup thatz just how much Grossman sucks IMO. RG3/Cousins can't do any worse than Grossman/Beck of last year. Both Rg3 and Cousins are leaders, throw with accuracy, and seem to get better and better as they grow with this system (something Grossman cant give us). Banks as a KR/PR will contribute in getting us good field position and could be great if we use him in gadget plays (while this is happening, if we kept Grossman all he would be doing is watching from the sidelines)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is our "management" still bumbling idiots.. Just reading about Leribeus and what a reach he was in the 3rd round. Even his admirers had him 5th- 7th and he hasn't really done much in camp.. Pretty discouraging. Hope his critics are wrong-time will reveal all things ..
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Is our "management" still bumbling idiots.. Just reading about Leribeus and what a reach he was in the 3rd round. Even his admirers had him 5th- 7th and he hasn't really done much in camp.. Pretty discouraging. Hope his critics are wrong-time will reveal all things ..
Ehem, Ehem..... Wink I think he will work out as well. I'm hopeful for all our picks but again as I said on draft day and continue to say, gettis will be better and is better initially. there is a reason Gettis is starting and not Leribus the past two preseason games

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

I was reading an article about him yesterday. And it was pretty discouraging as well. See if I can find some of what was said here.

by Steve Shoup on Aug 22, 2012 4:15 PM EDT in Redskins Analysis
Quote:
How he's fitting in: The Redskins originally intended to work him at both LG and C, making him likely the primary back-up for those two spots. An early injury setback to Kory Lichtensteiger's recovery, put those plans on hold, making LeRibeus work exclusively at LG. The team didn't obviously feel too comfortable with him being essentially the starter, as they returned last year's LG Maurice Hurt back to his original spot, after working at RT throughout the offseason.

In two preseason games so far working almost exclusively against back-ups, LeRibeus has suffered quite a bit of growing pains. In the Bears game he had a couple of really nice blocks, but on a few other plays he completely missed his man which caused the play to fail. At times he struggles to get to the 2nd level, and then once their get a good block on his man. Other times when pass blocking he sets to high, or is too slow coming out of his stance allowing the defender to get into his body and pushing him back. Thus far it's been a wholly average performance, and given that he's played more against starters you'd have to say that 5th round rookie Adam Gettis has looked better (as a whole remember) at RG.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

I like the pick just hope he shows something soon. We will be needing him.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm telling ya it's gotta be the name... "ADAM"! Laughing Wink great name, great name

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I like the pick just hope he shows something soon. We will be needing him.
At this point I hope we don't need him till next year. I hope Kory L comes back and has no more set backs. Then, Hurt is our main interior back up OL with Gettis being behind him. At this point I'd probably say LeRibeus will be a healthy scratch (innactive) most of the year. I'd love it to be different but it just is where we are now. I don't want to see injuries to others also, so in a backwards kind of way I hope it ends up with him being on the roster but not being active. Sad

Hopefully next year he looks good enough to be our 1st interior back up at LG and C

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
The Race is on:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/shanahan-young-redskins-receivers-helped-themselves/2012/08/20/8a2eae00-eb33-11e1-9ddc-340d5efb1e9c_blog.html

Shanahan said Robinson, Briscoe and Banks all made strong cases for themselves on Saturday night.

Quote:
“I took a look at the one play Aldrick made and it was a big-time play,” Shanahan said. “The ball was deflected, he caught it on the shoulder pad, made some guys miss and you could see the speed and explosion and that is what you’re looking for.”

“A guy like Briscoe, I thought, did a good job catching the ball, using his hands and taking advantage of his opportunities,” Shanahan said.

“When a guy has game-breaking potential and ability, which he has shown, it is tough not to keep a guy like that,” Shanahan said. “But we have a lot of competition and that is what you want to have. Who else can return punts? Who else can play wide receiver? That is what you have to evaluate and sometimes you let some good football players go.”

As Hogs Haven pointed out ... that's a big "but" in Shanahan's comments about Banks as well as the "tough not to keep a guy like that."

I think right now, Banks is out pending his ability to get back in. That will require him to make the field for offense.
And our offense will be less productive because of that

I'm not sure I understand. How would our offense be less productive if Banks didn't make the team? He barely contributes to the offense is as it stands now. Are you saying that we'd have worse field position and thus not be able to move? I suppose it is possible we'd have worse field position, though it is a question of how much "worse" is. That said, if we just fair caught the ball and allowed touchbacks, on average we'd lose about 10 yards on punts, and 4 yards or so on kickoffs. Manageable.
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
Quote:
Source: Yardbarker
Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan isn’t sure if running backs Roy Helu and Tim Hightower will be ready for week one of the regular season. Shanahan on if helu, hightower will return for opener: “I really don’t know yet.”
Because of this, neither Banks, Briscoe or Paulsen might make the opening day roster. If they are intent on keeping Highower for he season when he's ready to full go, they will have to keep open roster spots for him and Helu and hose will be offensive players and running backs. It looking good for Morris and Davis week1.

They really should have put Hightower on the pup list if they Thought there was a chance he wasn't going to be 100% week 1. Ughh

Given that he's looking like he'll play this weekend, I suspect they figured it was a risk worth taking to have him available for week #1. What I suspect they didn't count on was having him banged up along with both Helu and Royster sidelined.
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for LeRibeus, he's a rookie. Not every guy comes in and contributes day one. Yes, even third round picks need time to develop (see: Hankerson, Leonard).

Relax folks.
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
As for LeRibeus, he's a rookie. Not every guy comes in and contributes day one. Yes, even third round picks need time to develop (see: Hankerson, Leonard).

Relax folks.

I wouldn't have picked him, as he came along mid of the year. He was okay early on just skidish and was dropping balls.

I think a better example would be Riley, even if he was a round later.
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Relax folks.

I wouldn't have picked him, as he came along mid of the year. He was okay early on just skidish and was dropping balls.

As you will. My point is that not every rookie comes in and takes a starting job day one. Sometimes it takes a year or so.
Brian23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Relax folks.

As you will. My point is that not every rookie comes in and takes a starting job day one. Sometimes it takes a year or so.

Oh, I understood. Just not sure LeRibus will come in and take over the job midway unless injuries or inept play run rampant. Just haven't seen anything suggestion he'll suddenly get physically their.
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Relax folks.

Oh, I understood. Just not sure LeRibus will come in and take over the job midway unless injuries or inept play run rampant. Just haven't seen anything suggestion he'll suddenly get physically their.

Perhaps not this year. However, we're so quick to judge that we're losing sight of the fact that adjustment to the NFL is a difficult thing.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great coverage breakdown page with pics of the secondaries lapses.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1308797-washington-redskins-a-closer-look-at-lapses-in-the-secondary-vs-chicago

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: