Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp / Preseason Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Training Camp / Preseason Thread Reply with quote

Pictures of day 1: http://washington.cbslocal.com/photo-galleries/2012/07/26/redskins-training-camp/

I thought we could start a training camp topic since it is rapidly approaching and the rookies are in already including Griffin who everyone knows just inked today!

Anyways to start it off with an article, like I usually do... Wink

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/camp-preview-who-will-rg3s-targets-be?blockID=744763&feedID=6355

Here is an article that I just read about The questions regarding the offense. We all know the questions surrounding it, it was a good read and should be an exciting and competitive camp.

I read that Orakpo will be full go when camp starts next week, this is a great sign as he's been recovering from tearing his pec muscle in the final game vs philly.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Orakpo-will-be-full-go-at-camp?blockID=741839&feedID=6355

Quote:
Orakpo, the team’s leader in sacks each of the past three seasons... “I’m one hundred percent ready to go,” Orakpo said Tuesday at his second annual youth football camp in Fairfax. “In OTA’s and minicamp, we kind of got held out because there was no point in reinjuring anything. But once training camp starts, I should be full-go.”

The two-time Pro Bowl selection also said he focused on preparing for the double-teams he’ll no doubt continue to attract. That preparation, he said, included work on technique, footwork and hours studying film.

“I’ve been preparing for that,” he said. “Rushing on my own, doing different things, trying to get acclimated to have two bodies on me instead of just one. …When you talk to rushers from around the league, we’re always trying to fine-tune our skills. We watch every game from last season and try to see what we can do to get better.”

Good news that we are going to have the "man" back! Cool

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/camp-preview-a-big-bubble-on-the-o-line?blockID=744667&feedID=6355

Camp preview: The OL and our competition

Quote:
Three things to watch:

Who’s coming in second?

As noted, the starters are set but all four or five reserve positions are very much up for grabs. It will be important to watch who comes in when any of the starting five needs a rest. Who comes off “the bench” when RG3 is in at quarterback will be especially noteworthy as the coaching staff will want him practicing with the best players available.

How’s ‘Steiger doing?

He may not be the team’s best offensive lineman but things sure did seem to unravel when he went out of the lineup in Week 6. Although we have been assured that he will be ready to go for the start of camp that doesn’t necessarily mean that he will be at 100 percent. We will keep an eye on how well he moves in pass protection and if he can get to the second level in run blocking.

Is Trent’s head in the game?

Williams’ athletic ability keeps him from making very many physical mistakes. His challenge is staying sharp and focused mentally. If he looks focused on the field, it’s good news for the Redskins and bad news for any opposing pass rusher who plans on trying to chase down RG3. 
a lot is riding on our OL this year, as it has been for the past 20 years. Coincidence in our struggles... I think not! Wink Anyways we definitely have a solid starting group and its nice to see the same starting 5 from last year. We need these guys to step up in the run game and in pass protection big time if we are going to win more games than last year. The spotlight is definitely on you Trent, Kory, Will, Chris and Jamaal!

http://www.csnwashington.com/07/24/12/Camp-preview-Safety-in-numbers/mobile_landing.html?blockID=745385&feedID=6458

Quote:
Three things to watch:

Who survives? 

When practice begins Thursday, there will be 15 defensive backs on the roster. When the regular season begins in New Orleans on Sept. 9, there will be nine. There is no obvious “camp fodder” here; every player except Bellamy either was drafted by the Redskins or has NFL playing experience. In other words, it figures to among the more intriguing position battles.

What’s Minnifield’s status? 

Signed out of UVA in May, Minnifield was expected to start the season as a reserve. But he’ll reportedly start training camp on the PUP list as he continues to recover from microfracture knee surgery in January. He has a very good chance of contributing to the team at some point, but will it be this year or in 2013?

Can D-Hall rebound? 

In 2010, Hall made six interceptions and 95 tackles and earned a spot in the Pro Bowl for the third time in his career. In 2011, however, he might have cost the Redskins two wins against the Cowboys. He let Dez Bryant slip away from him on third and 21 situation in their September meeting, then he slipped in man-to-man coverage on Bryant in overtime two months later. Which DeAngelo will show up this season? 

Obviously we know Minifield has been waived, so that's his status. Makes it more likely that my boy Barnes makes the roster as the #4 cb. Thompson #5.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Training Camp 7/26 Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I thought we could start a training camp topic since it is rapidly approaching and the rookies are in already including Griffin who everyone knows just inked today!

Anyways to start it off with an article, like I usually do... Wink

I read that Orakpo will be full go when camp starts next week, this is a great sign as he's been recovering from tearing his pec muscle in the final game vs philly.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Orakpo-will-be-full-go-at-camp?blockID=741839&feedID=6355

Quote:
Orakpo, the team’s leader in sacks each of the past three seasons... “I’m one hundred percent ready to go,” Orakpo said Tuesday at his second annual youth football camp in Fairfax. “In OTA’s and minicamp, we kind of got held out because there was no point in reinjuring anything. But once training camp starts, I should be full-go.”

The two-time Pro Bowl selection also said he focused on preparing for the double-teams he’ll no doubt continue to attract. That preparation, he said, included work on technique, footwork and hours studying film.

“I’ve been preparing for that,” he said. “Rushing on my own, doing different things, trying to get acclimated to have two bodies on me instead of just one. …When you talk to rushers from around the league, we’re always trying to fine-tune our skills. We watch every game from last season and try to see what we can do to get better.”

Good news that we are going to have the "man" back! Cool

That is good to here about Rak! I hope he can find ways to get through double teams! I hope that as much as I hope yhe ref strike helps the refs to realize what holding is because Rak is steadaly getting held! Training camp this year is gonna have alot of buzz this year! Good to hear Rak is healthy and cant wait to see Kerrigan with a normal offseason as well!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Training camp starts this Thursday. The gates open at 1 pm and the first practice is at 2:55. I can't wait! Cool I'm definitely more excited about this season than I was last.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/with-training-camp-at-hand-redskins-prepare-to-sort-through-tight-end-options/2012/07/22/gJQAVLi12W_story.html

Now that training camp is here, it is time to sort through our TE options. The good thing is that all of our tight ends have something to prove.

1. Fred Davis has to prove he can be better off the field. He also has to prove that last year wasn't just a fluke. (I think he can do both)

2. Chris Cooley has to prove that he is over his injuries from last year and that he will be able to take a back seat to Fred Davis and be more of the 30 to 50 catch tight end option instead of the 60 to 80 catch tight end option he was in his prime. I expect him to prove this.

3. Niles Paul has to prove he belongs on the roster. He has to prove he can make the transition to the Tight End position after being a WR all throughout college and last year. I think he can do this but he won't have a huge impact this year, but it will be next year.

4. Logan Paulsen has to prove that because he is the best blocking tight end that is reason to keep him around. The other three are average blockers at best at the tight end position. Logan is a big kid, (6'5, 261) who is a good blocker and can contribute some in the passing game. He has a future in the role on this team and I think it would be a shame to lose such a young guy who could fill that role for us for the 7 to 8 years.

5. Beau Reliford is a very interesting prospect. He's very athletic and has great size at 6'5, 256 but like Niles Paul Reliford is raw also. I think Reliford has a future on this team also but it will be nearly impossible for him to make the 53 man roster. I think we keep him on the practice squad and develop him for our future.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect 88 to show why we threw the money at him early in camp and carry this throughout the uear!

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
I expect 88 to show why we threw the money at him early in camp and carry this throughout the uear!
I saw him on a bus! You know one of those like form fitting adds that go around a whole vehicle...

Well they had one for Garcon on a metro bus, it was huge. Over the windows and everything. It was like tint, you know, you couldn't see in the metro bus' windows because of the film.

ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
I saw him on a bus! You know one of those like form fitting adds that go around a whole vehicle...

Well they had one for Garcon on a metro bus, it was huge. Over the windows and everything. It was like tint, you know, you couldn't see in the metro bus' windows because of the film.

I saw the RG3 redskins bus but I havnt seen that one. Im so excited to see Garcon because for years we thew money and never got results I feel like we finally threw money at a guy going into his prime and is only gonna get better!

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:

I saw the RG3 redskins bus but I havnt seen that one. Im so excited to see Garcon because for years we thew money and never got results I feel like we finally threw money at a guy going into his prime and is only gonna get better!
At first I thought it was Moss but then I saw the 88

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnwashington.com/07/25/12/Quick-hits-RG3-takes-the-podium-today-as/mobile_landing.html?blockID=745901&feedID=6355

Robert Griffin III will take the podium today as veterans report.

Robert Griffin III will be Kind of guarded during training camp and into the regular season. They don't want too much media around him. This is a good move because it gives him more time to focus on football and studying in the film room.

Quote:
We get one of our opportunities to talk to RG3 today as will take the podium at 5:30. It will be his first new conference with the beat reporters since minicamp in mid June. We’ll ask what he did during his summer vacation and see if we can get any insight into what went on during the rookie phase of training camp. And we’ll get his thoughts on the next “first” coming up for him, his first NFL training camp practice.

The Redskins report to Redskins Park today to check in and take physicals. The first practice will be tomorrow at 10:40 a.m. That one is a walkthrough that is closed to the public. Gates open at 1:00 for fans with the full practice getting underway at 3:00. Be advised that the CBA prohibits players from wearing pads during the first two days of practice so they will be in shorts and helmets on Thursday and Friday.

You ready for your 2012 Washington redskins boys??

ChasingAnimals

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be one of the most highly anticipated training camps and pre seasons in quite some time. I cant wait to see some football! Is anyone going to attend any of the practices open to the public, and if so which days?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChasingAnimals wrote:
Should be one of the most highly anticipated training camps and pre seasons in quite some time. I cant wait to see some football! Is anyone going to attend any of the practices open to the public, and if so which days?
I might, just depends on work and stuff. I'd really like to see Griffin Sling it to Moss, Garçon, Morgan and Hank though. This year is going to be fun, win or lose because I think we call can agree now that our future is brighter than I can ever remember it being in my 30 years as a fan.

ripsean21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
ChasingAnimals wrote:
I might, just depends on work and stuff. I'd really like to see Griffin Sling it to Moss, Garçon, Morgan and Hank though. This year is going to be fun, win or lose because I think we call can agree now that our future is brighter than I can ever remember it being in my 30 years as a fan.

Let the excitment begin! I swear this honestly has been the most awsome 3 years just again and again becoming amaxed watching a real NFL FO making the decisions that ours did. We are finaly on the right track and its gonna be fun to watch! Oh and chasin animals your sig is awsome!

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
ChasingAnimals wrote:

Let the excitment begin! I swear this honestly has been the most awsome 3 years just again and again becoming amaxed watching a real NFL FO making the decisions that ours did. We are finaly on the right track and its gonna be fun to watch! Oh and chasin animals your sig is awsome!
Ehhh... 2010 was full of drama and 2011 was a head scratcher on the qb decisions, but I think they do finally have it right. 2010 and 2011 were anything but fun IMO

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin talks to the media today:

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/Robert-Griffin-III-7-25/60f6c025-7740-4974-a3a7-a9687d27b000

Best answer was when he was asked about the pressure he has on him because of the 3 draft picks given up to,get him.

He said, it's really only two because I'm here! I bet the person asking that question like an idiot. Laughing

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/quick-hits-mike-shanahan-says-jammal-brown-hurt-his-hip-running-gassers/2012/07/26/gJQAaYoGCX_blog.html

So the news of the first day is:

1. Griffin was not that accurate today, clearly not worried about this though
2. Jammal Brown did not practice today, Grant Paulsen mentioned his hip and how it still may be a problem. This to me could be a huge issue going forward and he will start training camp on the pup list. He agrivated his hip while doing sprints yesterday

3. Tanard Jackson did not practice because he hurt his calf he is on the PUP list also but could be off the pup on Saturday or Monday

4. Helu showed his explosion and had a nice gain on a few plays. Rich Tandler said Helu is the most talented back on the roster, his only problem is if he can stay healthy.

5. Rich also said the WR depth chart looks as follows:

1. Garçon
2. Morgan
3. Moss is the next one in
4. Hankerson

Obviously, that can change but currently, that's what it is.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/07/26/day-one-is-in-the-books-as-redskins-open-camp/

Here is another summary with audio from Santana Moss, Orakpo, Williams, Jackson and Polumbus

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/07/26/elfin-robert-griffin-iii-not-acting-like-a-rookie-veterans-not-treating-him-like-one/

Elfin: Robert Griffin III Not Acting Like A Rookie, Veterans Not Treating Him Like One

Quote:
“His speed, you hear about it, but until you go against it, you don’t know exactly what you’re faced (with),” said captain Fletcher, who compared Griffin to Philadelphia’s Michael Vick, the longtime king of the run-pass quarterbacks. “The speed will definitely shock you. He has a rocket of an arm. He has the right mentality in terms of his preparation. When you have a quarterback who can make plays when it doesn’t go exactly as it’s designed to go, who can buy time and is a threat to run the football and make plays outside the pocket, defensively you’re kind of always on your heels.”

“No one treats (Robert) like a rookie,” Cooley said. “You can’t. He’s the starter for us. You have to treat him like a starting quarterback. There’s nothing that he does that says, ‘we should haze you.’ He’s been a real professional since the day he walked through the door. I’m amazed every day by the way he handles it, his ability to run this offense. He’s done a fantastic job. I can’t imagine being suited more for the position he’s in.”

As Cooley said, as excited as the veteran Redskins are about Griffin the player, they’re equally enthused about the 22-year-old as a person and leader of the team.
you know what? This is good for our defense to have to go up against griffin in practice. We've struggled against mobile qbs forever, now we get to practice against one every day. His should really help our D improve.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/07/26/redskins-adam-carrikers-odd-preperation-for-heat-at-training-camp/

Redskins: Adam Carriker’s Odd Preperation For Heat At Training Camp

Quote:
“Basically in an attempt to mimic what I’m going through in training camp I put on a t-shirt, a long-sleeve shirt, one of my winter Nebraska — what I wore in the winter in Nebraska when it was 0 degrees and the bears are hibernating because they’re smart enough not to go outside,” Carriker said recently on 4th & Pain, a show he co-hosts with me. “I’m wearing this Nebraska hooded sweatshirt and then I’m wearing a winter stocking cap and then I put the hood on. Then I’ll go run outside. And then I go lift at the gym.”

“On the way to the gym I’m cranking the heat at 90 degrees full-blast as hot as it’ll go,” he said. “You know how when you get back to your car it’s always 10-times hotter than when you left it? I don’t cool it down. I don’t roll the window down. I blast the heat. I make it hotter. It’s just my little attempt to mimic that head which is going to be ridiculous throughout training camp. And then I lift. I do 500 pounds, I do 405 on the close-grip. This is just how I’ve been training. I sure hope it pays off because it sure hasn’t been a lot of fun.”
Carriker is such a beast, he's so strong and stout. He was a real steal when we traded for him. You gotta love the way he prepared for todays heat. Cool

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/07/27/redskins-hold-second-walk-through-of-camp/?utm_source=mobile&utm_medium=text-messaging&utm_campaign=text-messaging

Training Camp Day 2: Hankerson, Lichtensteiger, Royster And Cousins talk about how camp is going and how they are doing.

1. Jammal Brown missed his 2nd day of practice
2. Hankerson participated fully but admitted that he is not 100%
3. Kory L said he feels good, back to his old self and is trying to dust the rust off

They also have Audio of what those guys said on the site

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-training-camp-observations-from-day-2/2012/07/27/gJQA4wVaEX_blog.html

1. Griffin looked much sharper in practice today with his accuracy

Quote:
Griffin’s early highlight came on the second play of 11-on-11 drills when he squirted out of a collapsed pocket, and fired a sideline pass to Hankerson, who tip-toed the line as he made the grab. Griffin put the ball in a tight spot where only Hankerson could get to it. In drills just before the play, Griffin made the same pass, but farther from the sideline.

2. Garçon and Hank started today at wr. Yesterday it was Garçon and Morgan.
Hank had one drop and made some very impressive catches. Garçon made some good catches as well, they said yesterday he dropped at TD

3. Cooley was the first TE with Davis rotating in with the first team

4. Barnes seems to be playing well from reports. He did drop a Possible int from Cousins. He deflected another Cousins pass and Gomes grabbed it had the first int at the end of practice

5. Our DL overpowered our interior OL most of the practice putting pressure on Griffin as they pushed their blockers back into him

6. It seems Alexander is getting acclimated to the Ilb position. He broke up a pass over the middle to Fred Davis

7. Anthony Armstrong and Pierre Garçon were the hit at wr today. They both looked good

8. Aldrick Robinson struggled... Again Sad he dropped 3 passes but he redeemed himself after with a 60 us td catch from Grossman

WalterRedskins

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the afternoon practice on Friday. I went with a girl so I wasn't scouting as much as normal, haha...

BUTT I did notice that:
-RG3 seemed to scramble a lot.
-RG3 has some gosh-darn ZIP! Balls had some fire on 'em..
-I didn't notice a difference in throws between John Beck and Kirk Cousins.
-Hankerson looked good and seems like our biggest receiver.
-Aldrick Robinson was an absolute butterfingers
-Helu out performed Hightower from the looks of it.
-Rak was beating T-Will in the "1st Team O vs. 1st Team D" drills...
-More people then I had ever seen at a practice (discounting the 'Fan Appreciation Day')

ADOPT-A-REDSKIN
Fred Davis: 24 Receptions, 325 Yards - IR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: