Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Bills Game Attended
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: First Bills Game Attended Reply with quote

This could probably go in the TABT, but It actually pertains to the Bills and figured it would be a nice topic during the offseason/ dead time.

What was your First Bills game attended?

Miine was October 6, 1996, Bills Vs. Colts

I was really looking forward to seeing Jim Kelly, but unfortunately he was hurt and I had to witness Todd Collins. Though Collins did end up passing for over 300 yards, I remember it was the game that Thurman Thomas went over 10,000 yards rushing for his career. The game was a 4pm start and ended up going into overtime with the Bills winning 16-13 on the leg of Steve Christie.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

September 21, 2008 against the Raiders

Lindell hit game winning FG to start the season 3-0.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was November 11th 1990 vs the Phoenix Cardinals. I had to look this up because it was so long ago, but I was 5 at the time. My dad and his friends had season tickets right behind the tunnel. I dont remember much of the game but I do know it was cold and they killed them.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

September 20, 2009. Bills vs. Bucs, it was my first game and first win and the only win that i've seen in person in 6 games. but it was a really good game. Trent was the starter and Byron Leftwitch started for the Buccaneers. it was fun and exciting.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
joutman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: First game Reply with quote

My first game was Oct 22nd 1978. We beat the Bengals 5-0. I won the trip by winning a contest as a paper boy. Unfortunately it was maybe the most boring game ever. I think I missed the safety when I went to a concession stand.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it will be October 7, 2012.

I've never been, but I'm going to try and do whatever it takes to go to the game in San Francisco this year. A buddy of mine at work is a life long Niners fan, so we're going to try and go.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I've never been, but I'm going to try and do whatever it takes to go to the game in San Francisco this year. A buddy of mine at work is a life long Niners fan, so we're going to try and go.

Nice, I went to a Bills away game in Cleveland, It was horrible. Not the people (besides the two annoying frat jerks next to us), but it was the game in 2007 that was a snow bowl and ended up 8-0. one safety and two FG's by Dawson. So cold, it is the only game I went inside for after the 3rd quarter. The stadium is literally right on the lake (Erie), so it was the wind that killed yah.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Nice, I went to a Bills away game in Cleveland, It was horrible. Not the people (besides the two annoying frat jerks next to us), but it was the game in 2007 that was a snow bowl and ended up 8-0. one safety and two FG's by Dawson. So cold, it is the only game I went inside for after the 3rd quarter. The stadium is literally right on the lake (Erie), so it was the wind that killed yah.

Haha, I remember that game. Not the most exciting game for sure. I bet the wind plus the cold was pretty miserable.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Haha, I remember that game. Not the most exciting game for sure. I bet the wind plus the cold was pretty miserable.

Talking about cold weather got me thinking... Do you even get snow at all where you live? I assume not if you live in the southern part of the state.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I was at that game too it was awful. I couldnt believe the lack of security in the stands. All I remember is the fans chucking snow balls at any Bills fan walking up and down the isle. I was way up in the one end zone too and you could barley see across the other end of the stadium. I am just glad the Browns didnt make the playoffs that year.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Talking about cold weather got me thinking... Do you even get snow at all where you live? I assume not if you live in the southern part of the state.

Yeah we get snow. Not a ton, and not every year, but we get a decent amount. The year before last (I think it was) we got a couple feet.

I live about an hour North of LA, basically at the Northern most part of LA County, and even though it is pretty much the Southern part of California, where I live is technically a desert, and we get fairly extreme temps in Summer and Winter. We usually get to about 110-120 in the Summer, and down to the high teens to low 20's in Winter. The coldest I ever remember it getting here was 8 degrees. A guy I work with that has lived here longer than I have said he remembers it getting to -12.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening day, 2003. We beat the Pats 31-0. Cool

#JDI
Lets Go Buffalo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I was at that Colts game too its very rare a 4pm start. My first game though was December of 1988 against the Raiders one of the coldest games ever played -38 wind chill I believe.They one of course I think 38-24 never saw them lose 13-0 all time.

Last edited by Lets Go Buffalo on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lets Go Buffalo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets Go Buffalo wrote:
I think I was at that Colts game too its very rare a 4pm start. My first game though was December of 1988 against the Raiders one of the coldest games ever played -38 wind chill I believe.They won of course I think 38-24 never saw them lose 13-0 all time.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets Go Buffalo wrote:
I think I was at that Colts game too its very rare a 4pm start. My first game though was December of 1988 against the Raiders one of the coldest games ever played -38 wind chill I believe.They one of course I think 38-24 never saw them lose 13-0 all time.

You better have season tickets this year.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: