Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Browns Forum Fantasy Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
buno67 wrote:
You want it to be hard? How does having smaller benches make it easier. It IMO it makes for a more competitive league.

I remember last year my RBs getting destroyed by injuries last year and their was abolautely no RB what so ever on the FA waiver. Basically had to pick up FBs and hope they some how have a good week.

Also wouldn't it be harder with smaller benches because u really have to pick and chose who to really keep on ur team. That you really have to build around and make moves on bye weeks

Smaller benches make it harder, it also allows the worse team in the league to actually have a chance to try and come back by signing a good player or two

Small benches make it way harder. For one, teams cant just stash guys for depth. And two, if you like your roster but want to pick up a hot free agent, you have to drop someone or watch that FA get picked up by someone else. Less bench spots is where its at, make it 5 and you will see a competitive league.

There's no black and white on this issue, but the general rule is something like this:

Larger benches make it harder for the teams that didn't draft well.
Smaller benches make it harder for the teams that did draft well.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or smaller bench for when injuries hit ur team doesn't get destroyed. I remember losing Andre Johnson and Dez Bryant injuries killed me. I had jacob Ford and other decent WRs. There were none what so ever to pick up that had any potential. I remember having to pick up michake Jenkins and starting him cause injuries were so bad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely want in. I had a horrible year last year, I want to redeem myself lol
fatpig

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - if anyone drafts Trent Richardson before i get the chance, i will crush your soul
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
FYI - if anyone drafts Trent Richardson before i get the chance, i will crush your soul

unfortunately i have no soul to be crushed and i will pest the pig which makes me happy
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
buno67 wrote:
You want it to be hard? How does having smaller benches make it easier. It IMO it makes for a more competitive league.

I remember last year my RBs getting destroyed by injuries last year and their was abolautely no RB what so ever on the FA waiver. Basically had to pick up FBs and hope they some how have a good week.

Also wouldn't it be harder with smaller benches because u really have to pick and chose who to really keep on ur team. That you really have to build around and make moves on bye weeks

Smaller benches make it harder, it also allows the worse team in the league to actually have a chance to try and come back by signing a good player or two

Small benches make it way harder. For one, teams cant just stash guys for depth. And two, if you like your roster but want to pick up a hot free agent, you have to drop someone or watch that FA get picked up by someone else. Less bench spots is where its at, make it 5 and you will see a competitive league.

the league was competitive the entire way through- just the two people favored to go to the champs went.

and I BEAT YOU ALL
BOW DOWN TO MBTLRUXIN
CHAMP GETS #1 OVERALL DEAL WITH IT
I PICK KEYSHAWN JOHNSON
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

everyone's team gets destroyed by injuries. i made plenty of good pickups. perhaps you should just make better pickups.

dude i drafted a double handcuff. it worked. do what i do.
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drafted the steal of the draft with 3 rounds left.

smaller teams would have left him as a FA..

LARGE squads FTW.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am psyched about this league like this gentleman is psyched for his delicious cheeseburger.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
buno67 wrote:

the league was competitive the entire way through- just the two people favored to go to the champs went.

and I BEAT YOU ALL
BOW DOWN TO MBTLRUXIN
CHAMP GETS #1 OVERALL DEAL WITH IT
I PICK KEYSHAWN JOHNSON

I ended your win streak.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:

LARGE squads FTW.

ROB GRONKIZZLE FTW
YOU LOSE
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:

LARGE squads FTW.

ROB GRONKIZZLE FTW
YOU LOSE

Cam Newton SAIS NUH UH.

He is the only reason I managed a playoff birth.

much later then the GRONKERNATOR.
KillahKam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down to play again if there's still a spot for me.
pmk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the op and have pmed the guys who were in it last year who haven't signed up yet. Going to give them two weeks or so to respond because some of them haven't been active in a while. We have 10 returners signed up so far though which I think shows that we can support a keeper league. Also 6 new people have signed up already so we have gotten 16 interested people in only 2 days! I think we'll easily get 22-24 people by the time we'd need to have a draft. That's way more than one league can support and while I think buno's idea of having two leagues face off against each other could work, I think it might be better to keep them separate with an "upper" and "lower" division. Here's a rough outline of what I was thinking:

Upper League
-First year is a draft, but going forward you get 3-5 keepers per year. I've never been in a keeper league before so open to suggestions on how to pull it off. If you've done a keeper league before please share the system you use because I'm sure there are many. Also if anyone doesn't want to do keepers speak up but everyone seems to be in favor so far.
-Capped at 10-14 teams. We did 12 last year and it seemed about the right amount but would be open to more or less. I prefer not having divisions but if people want to keep the Chiaverini Division alive I completely understand Laughing
-For starters I think NickZambo nailed it QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, DEF, K. We did 3 RBs last year and I think that's too many. Not a fan of the WR/TE/RB flex either.
-As for benches I think starters - 1 is about right. For the starters listed above that would be 8 bench players (and no restrictions). We could do IR spots too because its a keeper league. Probably will need to add some rule to make sure people can pick up IR guys in week 16 but I think it's useful to allow people to stash a Jamal Charles for next year if they want to.
-Bottom 2-4 teams get demoted and have to wear a sig of shame for some amount of time.

Lower League
-Unlimited teams to allow anyone to get involved. If there is crazy turnout it could even be split into 2 leagues. I'm thinking we'll only get enough for a 12 team league and a 14ish team league but if there are a lot more interested they could easily be split into two divisions with a buno style playoff at the end.
-This would not be a keeper league and redraft every season because there will likely be higher turnover.
-Starters & bench would mirror the upper tier sans IR spots.
-The top teams get promoted and finishing higher in the season ending tourney will get you better selection in the draft of the demoted keeper teams.

Whatcha guys think?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea PMK...

For keepers I like the idea of your only able to keep two players you drafted after the 5th rd. it allows elite players to change but those gems you found in later RDs like a victor Cruz or a cam newton but not sure that will
Work because I dont know if we can still see the draft results from last year. I've done that in years past. If we do just a normal keeper it should be u get to tag 2 players.

Also drafting order should be based on record like the nfl draft, worse record better draft position. If we do QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX K DEF I think the bench should be 5-6players with two Injuries slots

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 3 of 40

Jump to: