Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Training camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancakes officially reported the Newton-as-starter story as fact a couple of moments ago and the NFL reporters are running with it.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Pancakes officially reported the Newton-as-starter story as fact a couple of moments ago and the NFL reporters are running with it.

Heard the same thing on In The Loop; Nick Wright is stating it after their spot with Pancakes earlier this morning. Truth be told, wouldn't doubt it - both have sucked, can't really tell who sucked less out of the two.

I think we're gonna hold this much like how we did when Duane Brown was a rookie; Platoon the spot between Newton and Butler, like when Brown swapped in with LT Epharim Salaam. Brown was able to pick up the spot as a few seasons passed on, and has developed nicely, to say the least. I can only hope for the same type of progression for Newton.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Andre Johnson said he wasn't sore after the game, but Kubiak says Andre is sore, so that's why he didn't practice. #Texans

-ganguli

I'm getting tired of us babying Andre. Yes, I realize he is an extremly important player but come on............

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Quote:
Andre Johnson said he wasn't sore after the game, but Kubiak says Andre is sore, so that's why he didn't practice. #Texans

-ganguli

I'm getting tired of us babying Andre. Yes, I realize he is an extremly important player but come on............

It seems to me as though the 20-70-10 rule extends beyond contract negotiations, where literally the "core of the team" is also coddled to no end. See also Brian Cushing.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Quote:

-ganguli

There's no reason for Andre to practice. Do you think they did anything in practice that Andre hasn't done 10,000 times?

Sig by matthouston91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: