Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Training camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Randy Bullock doing? Is he pretty much a lock as the starting kicker?

This is just a simple fantasy question. Shayne Graham was drafted in every fantasy league I was in and Bullock was not picked in a single one.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:

This is just a simple fantasy question. Shayne Graham was drafted in every fantasy league I was in and Bullock was not picked in a single one.

They were supposedly even in camp and so far this preseason Graham hasn't missed hitting from a long of 52 and Bullock has missed one from 51.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

They were supposedly even in camp and so far this preseason Graham hasn't missed hitting from a long of 52 and Bullock has missed one from 51.

We spent a 5th round pick on Bullock who is not only from Kubiak's college alma mater, but is from the same area in Houston where Kubiak grew up and is so fond of he named his youngest son after it (Klein). Graham is a 34 year old journeyman on his 14th roster since 2000 (Seahawks and Ravens twice) and hasn't had a regular gig since he choked away a playoff game for the Bengals in 09. As far as I'm concerned, Bullock won the job the second he kicked a 52 yarder in the 1st preseason game. Graham will be just like he has been the past 2 seasons, on call as a stopgap insurance kicker when something goes wrong with a starter, nothing more. Appreciate Kubiak making this an honest competition and suspect having Bullock "earn it" will be a confidence boost, but reality is that Graham would have to be miles better than Bullock to win this gig and they are pretty much even right now.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
mse326

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
chris00cm wrote:

We spent a 5th round pick on Bullock who is not only from Kubiak's college alma mater, but is from the same area in Houston where Kubiak grew up and is so fond of he named his youngest son after it (Klein). Graham is a 34 year old journeyman on his 14th roster since 2000 (Seahawks and Ravens twice) and hasn't had a regular gig since he choked away a playoff game for the Bengals in 09. As far as I'm concerned, Bullock won the job the second he kicked a 52 yarder in the 1st preseason game. Graham will be just like he has been the past 2 seasons, on call as a stopgap insurance kicker when something goes wrong with a starter, nothing more. Appreciate Kubiak making this an honest competition and suspect having Bullock "earn it" will be a confidence boost, but reality is that Graham would have to be miles better than Bullock to win this gig and they are pretty much even right now.

Agreed.

Graham knows he is auditioning more for other teams if their kicker sucks. And honestly given how well he's kicked so far I wouldn't be surprised if someone picks him up to be their kicker.

He came here because he knew we'd give him a legit look in preseason so he can show what he has left for every team.

#JDI
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonny Harris out for the year with a triceps injury.

Quote:
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Gary Kubiak says NT Sonny Harris is out for the year with a triceps injury.

Hebron Fangupo will get his chance to make the team. Kubiak said he will play him a ton this week and next Thursday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pleasantly surprised by Harris. It's sad to hear he got hurt. It's interesting how we didn't draft a DT. I think a lot of people are hoping to see Cody and Watt healthy week 1.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:

Quote:

Hebron Fangupo will get his chance to make the team. Kubiak said he will play him a ton this week and next Thursday.

WELCOME the first member to the all exclusive IRresort!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Quote:

I don't think he was "resorted." Typically that term is reserved for players who underperform at a crowded position, but the team is unwilling to give up on. Nose tackle depth right now is critically low, and they wouldn't be IRing Harris, who up to this point had a solid shot at making the roster, unless he had to be.

Now, the second we see someone like Alan Ball, Torri Williams, Sherrick McManis, Shiloh Keo, Quentin Demps, Roc Carmichael (again), DeVier Posey, Jerrell Jackson, or Mario Louis hit IR, we ought to be suspicious.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Quote:

I don't think he was "resorted." Typically that term is reserved for players who underperform at a crowded position, but the team is unwilling to give up on. Nose tackle depth right now is critically low, and they wouldn't be IRing Harris, who up to this point had a solid shot at making the roster, unless he had to be.

Now, the second we see someone like Alan Ball, Torri Williams, Sherrick McManis, Shiloh Keo, Quentin Demps, Roc Carmichael (again), DeVier Posey, Jerrell Jackson, or Mario Louis hit IR, we ought to be suspicious.

Alan Ball doesn't quite fit the mold. He's a vet with a limited ceiling. McManis, Posey, and Nick Mondek are much more likely. In fact, I would be downright surprised if Posey doesn't find his way onto the IResort.

Sig by matthouston91
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Quote:

I also don't see it as particularly exclusive, seen as we drop all sorts of crap there.

bunnyracin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are the first cuts? And to how many players?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:

Sometime after this game and it's down to 80

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Sometime after this game and it's down to 80

They have to be down to 75 by monday
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kub said he's going to name the starter at RT within the next 2 days.

Pancakes is reporting it'll be Newton. While I dont like it, I understand it since he is under contract for 3 more years and Butler will be leaving this coming offseason.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Kub said he's going to name the starter at RT within the next 2 days.

Pancakes is reporting it'll be Newton. While I dont like it, I understand it since he is under contract for 3 more years and Butler will be leaving this coming offseason.

I take everything Pancakes says with a 10-lb. bag of salt.

If it is Newton, it means that he'll be the better player by the playoffs. Kubiak knows that the window to win is now, so he's not going to keep making decisions based on how good the team will be in the next few years. His decisions for the next couple of years, however long our window lasts, will be based on winning now.

Sig by matthouston91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: