Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Williams?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jargin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly doubt it.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
Highly doubt it.

I don't know man, we've apparently talked to Plaxico Burress, too, so I can't rule out Mike Williams at this point.
houstonX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
jargin wrote:
Highly doubt it.

I don't know man, we've apparently talked to Plaxico Burress, too, so I can't rule out Mike Williams at this point.

Hell, I'd rather have Plaxico Burress. He had more touchdowns(Cool) last season than Mike Williams career(5).
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texantype wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
To be honest he's probably worse than Kevin Walter, no thanks.

BIG DIFFERENCE:

Walters catches the ball and blocks, Williams doesn't!!!

...since when did Kevin Walter CATCH the ball? Confused

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texantype wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

BIG DIFFERENCE:

Since when did Mike Williams?

Kevin Walters 2008 season > BMW career

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texantype wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

BIG DIFFERENCE:

Personally, I think we should bring Mike Williams through town just to show Devier Posey how "little things" like making naive immature decisions, surrounding yourself with idiots, smoking dope, and not being dedicated to your conditioning can ruin your career quickly. Being a "big deal" at "a big deal" university guarantees you nothing at the next level. If a top 10 overall pick can be ditched by the team that drafted him in less than 2 years, imagine how long a 3rd round reach will last if he doesn't grasp the enormous break the Texans gave him in drafting him so high and keeping a slot open for him in a dynamic offense. Early returns have not been good for him.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texantype wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

BIG DIFFERENCE:

Never said BMW DID catch the ball. Just merely pointing out that our #2 WR doesn't.

Nobody is asking for Mike Williams to come in to challenge as the #2 WR on this team, nobody is asking to pay him a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract - heck, I think I even alluded to bringing him in for a workout, with no promises of a deal, much like we did with Mike Sims-Walker.

For as bad as we want to paint Williams as, he's got more catches than our entire WR unit outside of AJ and KW. Now, unless some other WRs get cut between now and W1, do you see any BETTER options, or are you content going in with Lestar Jean as your #3 WR, a guy who is going to see a LOT of snaps?

I personally am NOT content with that. For now, Williams is the BEST WR on the market.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texantype wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

BIG DIFFERENCE:

Never said BMW DID catch the ball. Just merely pointing out that our #2 WR doesn't.

Nobody is asking for Mike Williams to come in to challenge as the #2 WR on this team, nobody is asking to pay him a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract - heck, I think I even alluded to bringing him in for a workout, with no promises of a deal, much like we did with Mike Sims-Walker.

For as bad as we want to paint Williams as, he's got more catches than our entire WR unit outside of AJ and KW. Now, unless some other WRs get cut between now and W1, do you see any BETTER options, or are you content going in with Lestar Jean as your #3 WR, a guy who is going to see a LOT of snaps?

I personally am NOT content with that. For now, Williams is the BEST WR on the market.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd put Braylon Edwards, Roy Williams, Plaxico Burress, and Mark Clayton ahead of him and Anthony Gonzalez pretty close considering both are rehabbing. I'm also not ready to say Bryant Johnson wouldn't be better considering he already knows the system and doesn't bring character baggage into a young WR group. Obviously I am holding out hope that more appealing options present themselves, especially one that doesn't immediately bring concerns about their ability to separate. How is it possible that Jacoby Jones remains head and shoulders about any of our current options and explain again why we needed to cut him BEFORE camp instead of letting Lestar, Posey, Martin, or FA TBD knock him off the roster in August? Cutting him before June 1 actually increased his cap hit this year.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
I wouldn't go that far. I'd put Braylon Edwards, Roy Williams, Plaxico Burress, and Mark Clayton ahead of him and Anthony Gonzalez pretty close considering both are rehabbing.

Forgot about those names, but even then...I'd put Plax, Edwards and Roy Williams ahead of Mike Williams. Wouldn't touch Mark Clayton with a 10 foot pole, as his knee injury is a nightmare injury to recover from. Anthony Gonzalez isn't somebody I'd take either, as he's NEVER been healthy.

Point remains, pickings are slim, and the Texans don't have the luxury of waiting for a BIG named WR to make themselves available.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMW has some of the best hands in the league. He was poorly used last season as he's not a receiver that will separation so much as his body and wingspan is a natural order of separation, if that makes sense. Tarvaris Jackson isn't a QB capable of understanding or taking advantage of that, so BMW was severely underused.

There have been no reports indicating that his release from Seattle was due to weight issues. I think he's still being bothered by his nagging ankle injury and we are stupid deep at WR right now (though not necessarily top heavy). He was also due to make 3 million this year, so it's understandable that we would cut him with his health in question and young guys clawing for roster spots.

I think he'd be a great pickup for you guys considering Schaub is the type of QB that wouldn't be afraid to trust Mike in traffic and let him do what he does best. For the guy who said Mike doesn't block, you couldn't be more wrong. He was a terrific downfield blocker both years he was here.

He's a unique talent that really isn't like any other WR in the game. If utilized properly, I truly believe he can be a consistent, high-end #2 WR in this league and I'll be rooting for him wherever he ends up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: